Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

Starting to think that taking a chance in the resale is better than entering the ballot.

Quite a few of us who missed out in the ballot have since got tickets in the resale and some of us even got to choose where to sit.

Time of year might be a factor, as loads of people are away on holiday so ST's might be resold more often than at other times. But so far the resale suits me better than a lucky dip.

38 minutes ago, Holloway said:

I wish they'd get shot of the one stating available in the milburn then won't let you basket it, must have clicked on it 50 times

And if you click 'choose best available' it seems as though you've got it but then won't let you select an age category.

2 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

And if you click 'choose best available' it seems as though you've got it but then won't let you select an age category.

It was a different one yesterday, about 3 seats along :tard:

Reading through this thread it seems a bunch of previous regular attendees have got tickets along with another bunch of people who might not have been before or only a few times.

Mission accomplished?

1 minute ago, loki679 said:

Reading through this thread it seems a bunch of previous regular attendees have got tickets along with another bunch of people who might not have been before or only a few times.

Mission accomplished?

Well that’s one way of looking at it.

It’s an incredibly positive way, but not necessarily wholly inaccurate I suppose.

2 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Starting to think that taking a chance in the resale is better than entering the ballot.

Quite a few of us who missed out in the ballot have since got tickets in the resale and some of us even got to choose where to sit.

Time of year might be a factor, as loads of people are away on holiday so ST's might be resold more often than at other times. But so far the resale suits me better than a lucky dip.

Maybe... I chose my seat but only between the 15 that were available in one available block :lol:

I wasn't exactly browsing. I think you still need to enter the ballot first if you want to go, otherwise you need to get very lucky indeed. 

(If you'd rather not go than be randomly given a seat, that's fair enough.)

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

10 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Mission accomplished?

The ones who weren't successful in the ballot but still got a ticket have had to get creative to source one e.g. refreshing the ticket webpage non-stop for 6 hrs.

Which I guess illustrates the point that was made earlier in the week about dedicated fans vs casual fans.

I'm generalising obviously, but a casual fan will lob a ballot entry in and see what happens, a dedicated fan will look for every possible way to get their hands on a ticket.

That's why last season some of us were able to attend every game, even if we weren't available at 10am on ticket sale day.

Edited by bobbydazzla

8 minutes ago, loki679 said:

So we got a good mix of newbies and people who have previous history then.  Win-win.

Not really for the regulars, either getting tickets through the ballot or resale, as most people haven't been able to get seats where they would normally prefer to be. So they've got a ticket, but not the one they ideally want.

And there might also be newbie ballot winners who aren't happy with their seats.

The biggest unknown is that no-one can really get a sense of what the atmosphere could be like. If you've got people who would  normally stand and sing in areas where that is frowned upon and vice versa, then it'll be a strange one.

Edited by bobbydazzla

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The ones who weren't successful in the ballot but still got a ticket have had to get creative to source one e.g. refreshing the ticket webpage non-stop for 6 hrs.

Which I guess illustrates the point that was made earlier in the week about dedicated fans vs casual fans.

I'm generalising obviously, but a casual fan will lob a ballot entry in and see what happens, a dedicated fan will look for every possible way to get their hands on a ticket.

That's why last season some of us were able to attend every game, even if we weren't available at 10am on ticket sale day.

Mightve had more to do with the fact you were part of a closed shop. Thankfully that's changed now. 

"Dedicated" ????? 

2 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Not really for the regulars, either in the ballot or resale, as most haven't been able to get seats where they would normally prefer to be.

And there might also be ballot winners who aren't happy with their seats.

The biggest unknown is that no-one can really get a sense of what the atmosphere could be like. If you've got people who would  normally stand and sing in areas where that is frowned upon and vice versa, then it'll be a strange one.

Cry more

The atmosphere is horse shit for most games anyway. I don’t think Dave from Cruddas Park sitting in the East Stand rather than the Gallowgate is going to make our singing of the Blaydon Races any worse.

8 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Mightve had more to do with the fact you were part of a closed shop. Thankfully that's changed now. 

"Dedicated" ????? 

It wasn't a closed shop of our design. That's the clubs fault for capping the memberships when they said they wouldn't.

And there was still 35,000 in the queue every week so hardly a handful of people just bowling up leisurely and buying tickets without even having to try

If you don't like the word "dedicated" to describe a fan of any sports club who attends every game then what word would you prefer and I'll go back and edit my post ?

You seem to love Uberfan but I'll add in Soopafan, GeordieHero, Toon King, Football Nonce, Stadiumhog.......you choose and I'll do it

Edited by bobbydazzla

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Not really for the regulars, either getting tickets through the ballot or resale, as most people haven't been able to get seats where they would normally prefer to be. So they've got a ticket, but not the one they ideally want.

And there might also be newbie ballot winners who aren't happy with their seats.

Aye, choosing your seat should be a basic requirement, that's shit.

6 minutes ago, christ said:

The atmosphere is horse shit for most games anyway. I don’t think Dave from Cruddas Park sitting in the East Stand rather than the Gallowgate is going to make our singing of the Blaydon Races any worse.

True, but there might be some owld fellas used to the silence of the East Stand who have seizures when Dave from Cruddas Park comes back after his half time bump of ching and screams at the top of his voice that the refs a daft cunt

Just now, bobbydazzla said:

It wasn't a closed shop of our design. That's the clubs fault for capping the memberships when they said they wouldn't.

There was still 35,000 in the queue every week so hardly a handful of people just bowling up leisurely and buying tickets

If you don't like the word "dedicated" to describe a fan of any sports club who attends every game then what word would you prefer and I'll go back and edit my post ?

You seem to love Uberfan but I'll add in Soopafan, GeordieHero, Toon King, Football Nonce, Stadiumhog.......you choose and I'll do it

Honestly man, you're probably the most dishonest "legacy" fan (sic) going. Putting yourself on this pedestal as if you put more effort into going to games than people who didn't get that access and who probs "couldn't be arsed" anyway. Jog on. 

It was a closed shop that you and your fellow "regulars" had access to. Now you don't. 

5 minutes ago, loki679 said:

Aye, choosing your seat should be a basic requirement, that's shit.

Agree there like but, personally, have never been bothered where we sit except when we had season tickets, obvs. 

Random games well sit anywhere. 

6 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

Honestly man, you're probably the most dishonest "legacy" fan (sic) going. Putting yourself on this pedestal as if you put more effort into going to games than people who didn't get that access and who probs "couldn't be arsed" anyway. Jog on. 

It was a closed shop that you and your fellow "regulars" had access to. Now you don't. 

Haahahahahahahaahhahaha

You really haven't got a clue :lol:

You're gonna hate this. But I'm a massive Tory too and I've got a Maggie Thatcher sex doll that I make sweet love to just before the 10am ticket sale starts. 

And I hate music.

Edited by bobbydazzla

6 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Haahahahahahahaahhahaha

You really haven't got a clue :lol:

You're gonna hate this. But I'm a massive Tory too and I've got a Maggie Thatcher sex doll that I make sweet love to just before the 10am ticket sale starts. 

And I hate music.

None of that is true, other than yes, I would hate it ?

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

True, but there might be some owld fellas used to the silence of the East Stand who have seizures when Dave from Cruddas Park comes back after his half time bump of ching and screams at the top of his voice that the refs a daft cunt

And another seat becomes available. The circle of live continues.