Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

27 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

This place will explode if international members get any form of priority :lol:

I’m of the firm belief that tickets should only be available to people who were born in an NE postcode, currently live in an NE postcode and can pass a Prove Yasel Geordie test 

5 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I imagine it would aye. On the other hand, if you want to grow revenue you might want to cater for international fans, who would probably be willing to spend more on a per match basis than locals (thinking club shop sales, etc.) Under the current system it’s practically impossible for fans from abroad to plan a trip to come and take in a game. Imagine the scenes if Newcastle play abroad (not hard at this moment in time) and as fans you would only know a week in advance if you were succesful in getting a ticket. Would you book travel and accommodation in advance?

When I lived in Newcastle there was a waiting list for season tickets. Looks like demand once again far outstrips supply. A SJP expansion can’t come soon enough.

Yeah I get this, but this is why they've expanded membership as well because it's created a bigger pool of customers who can get tickets compared to last season which means more ways to sell etc.

Reminder that we are all customers to them at the end of the day, it's all about money.

Full sympathy with overseas fans who have come over for years to take in a game. However, as for attracting new fans this shouldn’t be at the detriment of current match goers, and we should only be catering for new fans when stadium expansion allows for it.

Lose the hardcore support and where in dangerous waters.

20 minutes ago, LFEE said:

In what sense?

Let’s start by finding out what happened to the mythical Second Ballot for Liverpool 

Then get them to explain why we can’t choose seats anymore

And I’d be interested to get the clubs insight into whether there’s more people complaining about the new system a couple of weeks after launch, than complained about the old system during last season

And why are we only getting a week between ticket ballot draw and match date, how are people supposed to plan travel etc 

And why can’t we have a stadium plan

And why can we only select one ticket category

And how are they preventing tickets from ending up in the hands of touts and away fans who enter the ballot 

Am sure there’s more, but that’ll do for starters 

14 hours ago, LFEE said:

Not arguing that point as I agree that’s exactly why the club haven’t stopped selling them. Was more in response to you thinking it makes no sense at all. Touting increases as no comeback if caught because you could just buy another membership under slightly different details and you can tout again. Opposition fans buying them nearer their games to take a chance of getting in the game by hook or by crook and giving members a higher percentage of success are the three reasons why I don’t think they should’ve capped the amount but they should’ve said we are stopping selling them the Friday night before Villa at home so buy now for 23/24.

Imagine if we get Sunderland (or Boro) in the cup never mind someone like Leeds etc.

Like you say the club will want to pick up fans as the season progresses but apart from a little extra money I fear the negatives out way the positives.

Surely for high risk games you'd need a previous purchase history before being eligible to buy a ticket you'd think but god knows how they'd work it.

52 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Surely for high risk games you'd need a previous purchase history before being eligible to buy a ticket you'd think but god knows how they'd work it.

They can’t do that though as the way demand is it could be your very first game you’ve been successfully picked.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

In what sense?

Seriously?

1. What is happening with the cup ticket "packages" that are to be offered to members

2. Is this the format for the remainder of the season, I'd ballot a week before a game?

3 Why is no seating plan that reflects the categories?

4. What, if anything, is done to prevent away fans buying a membership to attempt to sit in with home fans

Would be my main question, for starters.

?‍♂️

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

They can’t do that though as the way demand is it could be your very first game you’ve been successfully picked.

Your membership is purchase history. Suspend selling new ones for two weeks before a potentially problematic game. Problem sorted. 

1 hour ago, bobbydazzla said:

Let’s start by finding out what happened to the mythical Second Ballot for Liverpool 

And I’d be interested to get the clubs insight into whether there’s more people complaining about the new system a couple of weeks after launch, than complained about the old system during last season

And why are we only getting a week between ticket ballot draw and match date, how are people supposed to plan travel etc 

And how are they preventing tickets from ending up in the hands of touts and away fans who enter the ballot 

20 minutes ago, patrone said:

Seriously?

1. What is happening with the cup ticket "packages" that are to be offered to members

2. Is this the format for the remainder of the season, I'd ballot a week before a game?

3 Why is no seating plan that reflects the categories?

4. What, if anything, is done to prevent away fans buying a membership to attempt to sit in with home fans

Would be my main question, for starters.

?‍♂️

This is really what the trust should be seeking answers to instead of just putting out a statement protecting themselves. Maybe they are TBF. 

3 hours ago, SteV said:

Your membership is purchase history. Suspend selling new ones for two weeks before a potentially problematic game. Problem sorted. 

You had to come up with a solution without suspending memberships as what you are saying is basically what I’m saying that they should’ve been stopped before the season starts.

With the policy of the club selling memberships throughout the full season how do you stop away fans buying them is the question that a solution is required. I don’t see one.

5 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You had to come up with a solution without suspending memberships as what you are saying is basically what I’m saying that they should’ve been stopped before the season starts.

With the policy of the club selling memberships throughout the full season how do you stop away fans buying them is the question that a solution is required. I don’t see one.

How many ‘high risk’ games are there though?  Virtually anyone could have got a ticket at any time under Ashley, and bar that one Liverpool game, there’s never really been a major problem. 

I stand to be proved wrong, but I’d be very surprised if there’s many issues on Sunday.

16 minutes ago, LFEE said:

There are billions of millions of high demand sports events around the world. And just as many entertainment events too.

There’s an entire industry built around ticketing to manage these events.

There are experts in that industry and best practice that can be observed. Problems can be solved by those experts.

Yet despite the huge financial resources, NUFC come up with a solution that operates like it was designed by an imbecile on a glue huffing binge. 

Edited by bobbydazzla

4 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

1. Can you expand further on this? Curious. 

2. It’s madness but I’m guessing it’s their way of fitting in all the matched groups together to avoid too many single seats. Needs to be rethought.

3. Good question and I’d imagine more issues with new but depends on who actually complain out loud or actually let the club know.

4. Crazy and should be the easiest to fix.

5. I’ve seen one floating around but yeah I’m not sure it corresponds with the new categories.

6. Agree. My idea was to have 3 prices (£75/£50/£30) and you can select to be in the hat for all 3, top 2, bottom 2 or a specific 1. So ultimately if prepared to pay the most/anything you have 3 times the chance of getting one. The more restricted your budget the slightly less chance of getting one.

7. See my discussion. No easy answers without draconian measures faced to actual NUFC fans.

11 minutes ago, LFEE said:

6. Agree. My idea was to have 3 prices (£75/£50/£30) and you can select to be in the hat for all 3, top 2, bottom 2 or a specific 1. So ultimately if prepared to pay the most/anything you have 3 times the chance of getting one. The more restricted your budget the slightly less chance of getting one.

I mean surely you can see why they aren’t doing that. Not a great message. here, if you have more money have more chances than the poorer less well off fans. Doesn’t exactly scream fairness or in touch with the common fan 

Edited by gdm

7 minutes ago, gdm said:

I mean surely you can see why they aren’t doing that. Not a great message. here, if you have more money have more chances than the poorer less well off fans. Doesn’t exactly scream fairness or in touch with the common fan 

You’re right, but everybody seems to want the option to select all areas, so I don’t actually think they’d get any stick for it.

7 minutes ago, SteV said:

You’re right, but everybody seems to want the option to select all areas, so I don’t actually think they’d get any stick for it.

Yeah dunno how they’d work that but just don’t see how anyone should get more ‘entries’ just because they have more money. Or maybe I’m just out of touch I dunno 

3 minutes ago, gdm said:

Yeah dunno how they’d work that but just don’t see how anyone should get more ‘entries’ just because they have more money. Or maybe I’m just out of touch I dunno 

Unfortunately that’s life isn’t it?

If you’ve got enough money you can just get hospitality and bypass everything.

@LFEE when entering the ballot last week they added some small print to say there’d be a 2nd ballot for unallocated tickets and be prepared to pay more than your chosen category if you were allocated a seat in the 2nd ballot

There was no further communication other than the small print. 

No-one knows if this 2nd ballot actually happened. Or if it did happen, how it would work.

It remains a complete mystery.

Edited by bobbydazzla

11 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

@LFEE when entering the ballot last week they added some small print to say there’d be a 2nd ballot for unallocated tickets and be prepared to pay more than your chosen category if you were allocated a seat in the 2nd ballot

No-one knows if this 2nd ballot actually happened. Or if it did happen, how it would work.

I was thinking about this and wonder whether it relates to a hypothetical situation where a certain category in the ballot doesn’t sell out because not enough people chose that category?

The way they structured it originally, where you didn’t know which category you would get, before everyone kicked off, that scenario wouldn’t be possible. So might explain why it was present for Liverpool but not Villa?

Edited by SteV

10 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

The 2nd ballot would only happen if say there weren’t enough people entering specific categories. Not a chance that would happen for this game and it’ll have been added in the small print as a legal requirement on the very slim off chance that actually happens and one of the categories doesn’t sell out 

3 minutes ago, SteV said:

I was thinking about this and wonder whether it relates to a hypothetical situation where a certain category in the ballot doesn’t sell out because not enough people chose that category?

The way they structured it originally, where you didn’t know which category you would get, before everyone kicked off, that scenario wouldn’t be possible. So might explain why it was present for Liverpool but Villa?

Sorry just seeing this. That’s exactly what it’ll be and as I say it’ll be a legal thing where it has to get added to the t & c

22 minutes ago, SteV said:

The way they structured it originally, where you didn’t know which category you would get, before everyone kicked off, that scenario wouldn’t be possible. So might explain why it was present for Liverpool but not Villa?

The mythical 2nd ballot is really just an example to illustrate how poor the communications from the club have been. 

“Enter Ballot 1, but you might actually be entered into Ballot 2 and that £47 ticket you were hoping for is now a £77 ticket. But you’re not getting any say in whether you want to pay that much, we’ll decide for you”

Just lobbed in as small print with no further explanation. And no evidence if Ballot 2 actually existed or not.

In the unlikely event any tickets were left after Ballot 1 just lob them in resale. Isn’t that a far easier solution for what was likely to be at the very most a handful of tickets. 

Being pissed off about Ballot 2 isn’t actually about a ballot, it’s about how they’re treating us like mugs. 

Edited by bobbydazzla