Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

I think Adam P is an excellent communicator for his age, concise and clear when he talks about a game in the immediate aftermath which is a skill. His hairdryer / 3 star hotel room review commentary is peerless too. 

Just now, Adam P said:

I think Adam P is an excellent communicator for his age, concise and clear when he talks about a game in the immediate aftermath which is a skill. His hairdryer / 3 star hotel room review commentary is peerless too

As was falling down the steps at the pool

2 hours ago, Adam P said:

I think Adam P is an excellent communicator for his age, concise and clear when he talks about a game in the immediate aftermath which is a skill. His hairdryer / 3 star hotel room review commentary is peerless too. 

Nowt like self deprecation Adam mate ;-)

So my cousin happened to be stopping in the same hotel in Dortmund as all of the club entourage - Amanda, Mehrdad, Eales, Silverstone, Shola….

Basically spent Monday night in the bar with them (and managed to get all his drink put on the club tab by telling the bloke behind the bar he was with the club, but we’d best gloss over that ??). He chatted to all of them and said they all came across really sound, but from what I can gather his conversations weren’t of any particular note.

However, he said that the morning after he was talking to another fan who was also staying there, who said that he’d asked Eales about the away ticketing ‘checks’ and Eales supposedly said that they were going to stop them after Bournemouth.

Now obviously I’m reporting this about fourth hand through a haze of German beer at all stages, and I’ve no context to what’s supposed to ‘stop’, so clearly don’t take it as gospel. But there you go.

2 hours ago, SteV said:

So my cousin happened to be stopping in the same hotel in Dortmund as all of the club entourage - Amanda, Mehrdad, Eales, Silverstone, Shola….

Basically spent Monday night in the bar with them (and managed to get all his drink put on the club tab by telling the bloke behind the bar he was with the club, but we’d best gloss over that ??). He chatted to all of them and said they all came across really sound, but from what I can gather his conversations weren’t of any particular note.

However, he said that the morning after he was talking to another fan who was also staying there, who said that he’d asked Eales about the away ticketing ‘checks’ and Eales supposedly said that they were going to stop them after Bournemouth.

Now obviously I’m reporting this about fourth hand through a haze of German beer at all stages, and I’ve no context to what’s supposed to ‘stop’, so clearly don’t take it as gospel. But there you go.

Be interesting to see what happens. Mebbes Brian Blessed or Charlotte have struggled to get a ticket and had a word [emoji38]

Really the club should have an open debate on how to move forward and also be transparent about how ballots work and the number of tickets given to corporates / employees etc.

I can see arguments both sides for the new away system to be fair. I know a few lads who've been able to go to away games and actually increase their points tally (obviously slightly) this season already, rather than someone with 1/200 getting pointless points.

Also know lads who missed out because those getting them a ticket are scared of losing points. 

Yes I agree with that. I can see the arguments both ways. Games have been coming right down to very low points totals compared to recent seasons (where the totals needed had previously gone daft) so it's obviously worked as intended, but equally plenty lads who have gone to away games for years informally have now been locked out. 

I don't know what the solution is. Personally I hate e-tickets but a digital away ticket system would open up the possibility for a limited number of times per season (3-5?) where the name on the ticket can be formally changed before the game (and nobody gets the point). This significantly reduces the potential for empty seats, stops loyalty point hoarding, but allows a degree of reasonable flexibility and doesn't completely shut out the spares market and exiles who don't have STs. I think that is a reasonable middle ground.

Edited by ponsaelius

17 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Yes I agree with that. I can see the arguments both ways. Games have been coming right down to very low points totals compared to recent seasons (where the totals needed had previously gone daft) so it's obviously worked as intended, but equally plenty lads who have gone to away games for years informally have now been locked out. 

I don't know what the solution is. Personally I hate e-tickets but a digital away ticket system would open up the possibility for a limited number of times per season (3-5?) where the name on the ticket can be formally changed before the game (and nobody gets the point). This significantly reduces the potential for empty seats, stops loyalty point hoarding, but allows a degree of reasonable flexibility and doesn't completely shut out the spares market and exiles who don't have STs. I think that is a reasonable middle ground.

There's no room for common sense in this debate!! Seriously think this is a great suggestion.

Cant see them stopping it now tbh like. Know a lad who's dad has lost all his. (280 odd points) cos he gave his ticket to his daughter who was over from Australia for Brighton away.

They have tried all ways to get the club to speak to them and they won't have any of it

18 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Just read this post

Probably the best idea I've seen on the matter.

42 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Be interesting to see what happens. Mebbes Brian Blessed or Charlotte have struggled to get a ticket and had a word [emoji38]

Really the club should have an open debate on how to move forward and also be transparent about how ballots work and the number of tickets given to corporates / employees etc.

They were kicking about the Markt Square yesterday.

Transparency on all levels relating to ticketing would be very welcome. Not really sure why they seem so reluctant? Maybe the knowledge that they can’t please everyone whatever they do, means the just think it’s opening themselves up to even more stick ??‍♂️

17 minutes ago, jack j said:

Cant see them stopping it now tbh like. Know a lad who's dad has lost all his. (280 odd points) cos he gave his ticket to his daughter who was over from Australia for Brighton away.

They have tried all ways to get the club to speak to them and they won't have any of it

That seems so draconian.

Obviously it was again the rules and people were warned, but still, given the context you set out, I don’t think many would feel the punishment fits the crime.

The manner in which they've been so draconian as above does it make it difficult, at least in terms of optics, to then roll it back and introduce the option for limited numbers of transfers. You'd be even more miffed in the case as above for losing all your points.

Just now, Cheshire Mag said:

When do ballot emails usually land if you’ve been successful?

In my experience the email itself will normally come from the afternoon onwards, often late in the day. Sometimes even the next working day (didn't get an email confirming a ticket for Chelsea until the Monday).

But you can normally keep an eye on your account on the site for a 'reservation' notification and the ticket may show up in there sooner than the email. Or you can check your bank account for a pending payment too.

9 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

So they introduced it after Silverstone left?

I thought we were blaming him for everything?

Edited by SteV