Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

How far off are we from having all ST/Members photo ID cards? Could load all ST/match tickets on the card and simply tap the screen and flash your pic as you walk in. Less than 5 seconds worth and eliminates a lot of touting surely? Obviously any tickets transferred from ST to a member would then be on their own card so you can pass it to mates(as long as they have bought a membership) Another thing would be loyalty points on all purchases, maybe fractional points for games applied for etc. If they really are producing a fully digital system that wouldnt be too hard?

Mean if we are going down that route may as well do it all the way

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

How far off are we from having all ST/Members photo ID cards? Could load all ST/match tickets on the card and simply tap the screen and flash your pic as you walk in. Less than 5 seconds worth and eliminates a lot of touting surely? Obviously any tickets transferred from ST to a member would then be on their own card so you can pass it to mates(as long as they have bought a membership) Another thing would be loyalty points on all purchases, maybe fractional points for games applied for etc. If they really are producing a fully digital system that wouldnt be too hard?

Give ower

38 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

They already do this in Holland although it's only put to use for away games. We have season tickets at PSV and if you also want to travel to away games they insist that you download a photograph onto your ticketing account otherwise you can't travel to away games regardless of how many loyalty points you have.

They brought this rule in last year to counter rising hooliganism problems first and foremost, not touting. Not sure how it works for domestic away games as we don't do them, but for Arsenal away in the Championship League back in September they scanned our season tickets at the designated meeting point and our photographs appeared on their computer screen. Was only then when they'd hand the tickets over.

Given how great the ticket website is, surely they can set up a system that can pick up on the postcode tied to the card being used to make payment. 

Anyone using a card with a registered postcode not beginning with NE is perceived to be a day tripper and immediately banned from buying tickets so not to ruin the atmosphere 

37 minutes ago, TBG said:

Given how great the ticket website is, surely they can set up a system that can pick up on the postcode tied to the card being used to make payment. 

Anyone using a card with a registered postcode not beginning with NE is perceived to be a day tripper and immediately banned from buying tickets so not to ruin the atmosphere 

The locals have had their chance. If anything the ballots should be weighted by distance to give some non-locals a chance. It's a new era. Bring in the new generation.

I vehemently resent in advance any such accusations that this suggestion is for my benefit at all. 

I don’t see what was wrong with the ST cards for ST holders.

Members could have cards that if successful, a ticket is uploaded to their physical card to get into the stadium? I pay £37 a year, surely a physical card isn’t that fucking hard (or expensive)

Edited by TheGuv

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Members could have cards that if successful, a ticket is uploaded to their physical card to get into the stadium? I pay £37 a year, surely a physical card isn’t that fucking hard (or expensive)

Was always a physical card until this season, however they never added tickets to them, so was pointless really other for your money off at shearers/nine

28 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

You might like getting choked. But sea turtles don't.

20544356163-f3ca262fbc-b-3.jpg

Go digital.

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's pointless to talk about paper tickets, that is never going to be the solution. 

Don't see why not to be honest. It worked absolutely fine for home games for years. Like LFEE says paper tickets cuts down massively on the ability to tout tickets because you more likely need to be local to sell them on in person. Plus it becomes more difficult to have multiple accounts because you can't just name ghost addresses. E-ticketing and unlimited memberships opens up touting to the whole world.

The fact is that the club, despite what they say, couldn't give a fuck about touting and so have no issues with a system that facilitates it while increasing profits.

Pay as you go like we did in the 60's for the majority of us, but no doubt some will go on about delayed entry, and issues if cards fail, cash is king but can you trust the gatemen ? used to let a couple through same gate in days gone by,  but then there's an overcrowding issue , so in reality is there a solution ?

Totally agree by the way that there's absolutely no reason for season tickets to be digital. Keeping them as physical cards sent out at the start of the season would have solved a significant percentage of the queueing issues. 

You can still allow people to transfer it as a digital ticket for a game if they pass it on. It would then render the season ticket card to not work for that matchday. I don't like digital tickets (plus I collect them as souvenirs) so for Dortmund I told the box office I didn't have a smart phone and they gave me a paper one. It immediately invalidated the digital download so you couldn't put it in the wallet (I tried out of interest).

1 hour ago, TheGuv said:

Yup this would be another potential fix if they wanted to limit touting. In Turkey you have Passolig cards which you need to get into any football matches (it's hooliganism related). You get a physical card and then load the tickets on when buying them.

Still massively cuts down on postage and paper usage but also makes touting much more difficult.

5 hours ago, Tross said:

But giving a ticket to your mate or family member is not touting so the ID check stops genuine fans not just people who have bought from a re-seller.

So you buy the ticket, get the loyalty points, and don't go?

Think this is where @ponsaelius idea is a good one. Have a handful of games a season where you can do this, neither the buyer or person they pass it on to gets the point, and that's it. 3-5 seems fair?

7 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

So you buy the ticket, get the loyalty points, and don't go?

Think this is where @ponsaelius idea is a good one. Have a handful of games a season where you can do this, neither the buyer or person they pass it on to gets the point, and that's it. 3-5 seems fair?

I think you have a fair middle ground here . It's sensible so most likely never get any traction :suicide:

Another suggestion, but what about a "Members Only" pre-season game? Included in the price of the membership, even if it's early in pre-season and it's the sort of team we put out at Gateshead. Any unsold tickets go to public sale or a ballot for season ticket holders. 

Least it's a little "something" for the membership money even if you get jackshit luck the rest of the season. If it's the equivalent of £15 from the £40 or so (which I imagine the membership would go up to next season) it's a little something. 

6 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Another suggestion, but what about a "Members Only" pre-season game? Included in the price of the membership, even if it's early in pre-season and it's the sort of team we put out at Gateshead. Any unsold tickets go to public sale or a ballot for season ticket holders. 

Least it's a little "something" for the membership money even if you get jackshit luck the rest of the season. If it's the equivalent of £15 from the £40 or so (which I imagine the membership would go up to next season) it's a little something. 

The pre-season games don't sell out anyway so that seems pointless.

1 hour ago, jonny1403 said:

The pre-season games don't sell out anyway so that seems pointless.

A "freebie" for Members though when there's no guarantees of tickets is a bit of a gesture though. 

16 hours ago, ponsaelius said:

Totally agree by the way that there's absolutely no reason for season tickets to be digital. Keeping them as physical cards sent out at the start of the season would have solved a significant percentage of the queueing issues. 

Aye, plus the old white man collecting shit trait in me misses collecting pointless shit like this.

10 minutes ago, patrone said:

So who's attending next Wednesday to point all these valid point across to people that matter?

I applied but wasn't successful. I assume the Trust will have people there, hopefully NUSC too. But be good if both groups could canvas some opinions in advance. The club SLO should probably do this. But given the club don't even seem to bother to reply to emails then the latter might be wishful thinking atm.

6 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

I applied but wasn't successful. I assume the Trust will have people there, hopefully NUSC too. But be good if both groups could canvas some opinions in advance. The club SLO should probably do this. But given the club don't even seem to bother to reply to emails then the latter might be wishful thinking atm.

I applied for two of us, other person had email confirmation, but I haven't as yet, although the "ticket" is showing in my account.

We have both supplied a question via the link they supply. so let's see what happens.

8 minutes ago, OCOCOL said:

Don’t think people have been notified if they’ve been successful yet have they?

It said everybody would be told by 4pm on the 16th.