Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

That'd be a bit shite like. At least last season you knew what you were paying even if you didn't know where you were sitting. See how this goes but looks shit to me.

If the whole 10am thing doesn’t work for you, I’m sure someone off here would help you out. 

I’ve mentioned this before, but if I wasn’t a ST holder, I’d be looking to team up with a few members off here to try and maximise my chances of getting tickets.

If you don’t want the £60 tickets you don’t have to pick the seats and you won’t be charged. 

Whereas last season, you could be lumped with absolute shite tickets in Level 7 and not find out until the money has left your account. 

7 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

It says on my acct “sign in” but I’m already signed in so can’t access the ballot for Saints 🤷‍♂️ 

Try accessing via the link in the email (if you received it)

3 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Can someone outline what changes they’ve made to the ballot if any - main points/differences? Yes I’m lazy I apologise 

Basically, if you’re successful in the ballot, there’s now a 48hr window (opens Friday 10am for Southampton) where you have to access the site and individually select your seat(s). If you don’t go on and select in that 48hrs you lose your ticket (but aren’t charged for it).

Subsequent to this there’s then the members general sale for all remaining tickets (Wed 31st 10am for Southampton). This will be for all tickets not claimed, all ST holder resales and any seats not originally in ballot.

We think this general sale will probably have more seats in initially than it did last season, but it’s still probably going to be difficult to get one through that. Although guess we won’t know this for sure until after the whole process for Southampton has finished.

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

If you don’t want the £60 tickets you don’t have to pick the seats and you won’t be charged. 

Whereas last season, you could be lumped with absolute shite tickets in Level 7 and not find out until the money has left your account. 

Last season I picked my category, won/lost and knew where I stood.

Now I could win in the ballot, then have the same problem of relying on others to do a favour and get me in the price band I was looking for, paying higher bands than I was previously, or going back to two seasons ago and missing out completely most games again.

Those who shout loudest I guess....

15 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Isn't the point of that facility so you can sit together? Not sure how it worked last season, whether people applying together got sat separated or always together. 

Always together, which I think limited the success of applications. As if there were only a handful together, not much chance. But now, say the seating is like below

Seat A - Taken

Seat B - Available

Seat C - Taken

Seat D - Available

Seat E - Taken

Seat F - Taken

I would take B and D. And if ol matey in C wanted to move seat, great, if not, no dramas but at least we can get two tickets together and not lose out.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Now I could win in the ballot, then have the same problem of relying on others to do a favour and get me in the price band I was looking for, paying higher bands than I was previously, or going back to two seasons ago and missing out completely most games again.

It was to help those who wanted a good seat regardless of price band. So if nothing in lower band they fancy or that are seated together more importantly then they might choose a higher band then checkout.

If you are just buying single or a pair of tickets I’m confident you’ll find the new system much better.

Let us all know how it goes 🤞🏻

20 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

They’ve listened to overwhelming feedback. Last season may have worked for you, but for me and many others I didn’t want to pay for a seat I had no choice in selecting. 

If you can’t select a seat or find someone to help you find a seat in your price bracket within a 48 hour window then I don’t think that’s the Club’s fault. 

47 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

They’ve listened to overwhelming feedback. Last season may have worked for you, but for me and many others I didn’t want to pay for a seat I had no choice in selecting. 

If you can’t select a seat or find someone to help you find a seat in your price bracket within a 48 hour window then I don’t think that’s the Club’s fault. 

Why wouldn't you pay for a seat you had no choice, other than price band, of selecting? 

We were just glad of any seats. Happy to sit anywhere. 

Each to their own, tho. 

So if you get selected for the ballot are you guaranteed a ticket or is it just first come first served once the ‘window’ to buy it opens? 

I’m happy with whatever process to be honest because in reality whichever way it’s done I’ll probably only get to a handful of games. I think I made 3 last season. 

23 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

So if you get selected for the ballot are you guaranteed a ticket or is it just first come first served once the ‘window’ to buy it opens? 

I’m happy with whatever process to be honest because in reality whichever way it’s done I’ll probably only get to a handful of games. I think I made 3 last season. 

There’ll be more seats available than ballot ‘winners’, so you are guaranteed a seat if you’re successful, it just depends how keen you are to sit in a particular area, or if you need a number of seats together, that will necessitate trying to be as close to the front of the queue as possible at 10am tomorrow.

I’m not clear on how groups of 2 will work in the new system.

Before you needed to win 2 seats together to win. Now you could win in the ballot but not get online in time to sit together? 

In a way it’s better if you can take a punt on a group of 2 and still go if you can’t sit together. But then I’m not clear how it affects your chances of winning. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

6 minutes ago, SteV said:

There’ll be more seats available than ballot ‘winners’, so you are guaranteed a seat if you’re successful, it just depends how keen you are to sit in a particular area, or if you need a number of seats together, that will necessitate trying to be as close to the front of the queue as possible at 10am tomorrow.

So basically we’ll find out today if we’re in the ballot and can then log in tomorrow to choose a seat from 10am?

1 hour ago, Groundhog63 said:

Why wouldn't you pay for a seat you had no choice, other than price band, of selecting? 

We were just glad of any seats. Happy to sit anywhere. 

Each to their own, tho. 

Seeing as we’re increasingly viewed as consumers these days, I think it’s only reasonable that a consumer be allowed to select what they would like before paying.

EVEN, if I was happy paying the price beforehand and given only one seat left in the ground; there may be  no doubt I would have purchased it anyway. But that’s not the point.

It’s principle more than anything. 

Anyway, a moot point. They’ve changed the system now, ONLY after plenty of supporters did raise their views consistently over the course of the season; instead of rolling over happy to have their tummies tickled. 

3 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Seeing as we’re increasingly viewed as consumers these days, I think it’s only reasonable that a consumer be allowed to select what they would like before paying.

EVEN, if I was happy paying the price beforehand and given only one seat left in the ground; there may be  no doubt I would have purchased it anyway. But that’s not the point.

It’s principle more than anything. 

Anyway, a moot point. They’ve changed the system now, ONLY after plenty of supporters did raise their views consistently over the course of the season; instead of rolling over happy to have their tummies tickled. 

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

They keep sending me emails reminding me about tickets and memberships. They must know I haven't signed back up. Maybe if I had had more than two tickets last season I would have. I know you're reading this Mr. Earles.