Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

6 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

Tell that to my 10 year old son who was sat to my left who couldn't see the Leazes End goal!

Obviously we swapped seats so he could have a slightly better view!

I’d tell your 10 year old son he’s very lucky to have a dad get him a ticket and to make the most of it as many 10 year olds unable to afford to go or had the luck to win a ticket.

Very gallant of you ???

Going off my current hit ratio of zero in every ballot ? I think it’s highly likely I’ll give membership a swerve next season particularly as so many tickets seem to be appearing on dodgy sites for exorbitant prices.  

Who knows though the gods may shine on me and I’ll get a ticket at some point this season.

6 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

Going off my current hit ratio of zero in every ballot ? I think it’s highly likely I’ll give membership a swerve next season particularly as so many tickets seem to be appearing on dodgy sites for exorbitant prices.  

Who knows though the gods may shine on me and I’ll get a ticket at some point this season.

You’ve got to judge its value over the full season. Those who might have had a high success rate in the first 1/4 of the season might find there luck run dry somewhat and those who’ve had no joy may hit a lucky streak. Long way to go yet before you can decide if it’s been worth the money objectively.

18 minutes ago, LFEE said:

You’ve got to judge its value over the full season. Those who might have had a high success rate in the first 1/4 of the season might find there luck run dry somewhat and those who’ve had no joy may hit a lucky streak. Long way to go yet before you can decide if it’s been worth the money objectively.

Yeah that’s a good point, I suppose it’s partly tongue in cheek and in fairness I wasn’t expecting to get to that many games unlike the last couple of seasons.

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

1 of my mates is on 1/6 off the ballet. Fortunately for him the 1 was PSG. He's openly said that if he's unsuccessful for every match from now till the end of the season that £37 membership fee was the best money he's ever spent to get that ticket!

40 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

1 of my mates is on 1/6 off the ballet. Fortunately for him the 1 was PSG. He's openly said that if he's unsuccessful for every match from now till the end of the season that £37 membership fee was the best money he's ever spent to get that ticket!

We felt the same after getting Villa tickets. Then PSG happened. Cunts

Me and my daughter are 1/6 in the ballot - been trying for Cat1 tickets under the assumption (based on the NUFC website) that if you are successful and there are no Cat1 tickets free you will be allocated Cat2/3. I'm beginning to think thats not the case. I guess it's the $64k question but is there any information as to which CAT has most chance for ballot applications?

The one success was Burnley - sat in the East stand, so at least we had a win!

45 minutes ago, DynamoSedgeletch said:

Me and my daughter are 1/6 in the ballot - been trying for Cat1 tickets under the assumption (based on the NUFC website) that if you are successful and there are no Cat1 tickets free you will be allocated Cat2/3. I'm beginning to think thats not the case. I guess it's the $64k question but is there any information as to which CAT has most chance for ballot applications?

The one success was Burnley - sat in the East stand, so at least we had a win!

Nah, that’s not the case. 

You only seem to get given a ticket for the Cat you apply for.

It’s difficult to say for definite which Cat gives you the best chance as we don’t know how many spare seats there are in each section, and how many applications are going into each. However given Cat 2 looks by far the biggest section, it’s probably reasonable to assume it’s that.

Bear in mind though Cat 2 does cover a very broad section of the stadium, including, bizarrely, a part of L7, so if there’s areas you don’t want to sit, it might not be for you.

Depending on how old your daughter is, applying for the family section gives you the best chance if you don't mind L7.

Theoretically as @SteVsays applying for Cat2 should give you the next best chance of securing tickets as it covers in excess of 20k seats and a decent % of those seats aren't taken by ST holders, mainly the Gallowgate Upper, Leazes L4, L7 near to the away fans but I've had no success applying for Cat 2 so far and I've only got tickets in either the Family section and Cat 3 which is only the corner underneath the TV studios and the very front of the Leazes which probably covers less than 2k seats in total when you deduct ST Holders seats, so who knows?

1 minute ago, bobbydazzla said:

Although for Dortmund game we only got to choose from 2 x undefined categories at same ticket price, so that was a nice touch 

Yes, it seems the Family Area doesn’t exist for non-PL games and is just classified as Cat 2

:lol:

All going swimmingly again.  I'd reapply when the pricing is sorted out as it wouldn't be out of the realms of possibility that they automatically void any ballots applied at the wrong price.

Tickets can be allocated in any available category, and so if successful the total price of your application may vary. Prices shown are the maximum per price ticket.

From the website.

So by my understanding, if you apply for tickets in the Platinum Club, you have a better chance of getting a ticket as you’re open to all price ranges? 

Praying I get one this time as it’s the day after my birthday.

14 minutes ago, ryanegg said:

Tickets can be allocated in any available category, and so if successful the total price of your application may vary. Prices shown are the maximum per price ticket.

From the website.

So by my understanding, if you apply for tickets in the Platinum Club, you have a better chance of getting a ticket as you’re open to all price ranges? 

Praying I get one this time as it’s the day after my birthday.

Others might correct me, but we think that scenario only ever occurs if one particular category doesn’t sell out. 

So if everybody applies for Cat 2, and there’s more Cat 1 available than the number that have applied for Cat 1, they’d allocate the remaining to people that didn’t apply for Cat 1.

Obviously that seems very unlikely at present levels of demand.