Memberships (2024/25)

ceolnamara

1 minute ago, jonny1403 said:

If you want to transfer to a mate or family member you do so through the club website, in exactly the same way as you would do if you were selling on your ticket through the club.

It works perfectly fine for gig tickets and takes 30 seconds. 

I'm more on about the away ticketing situation.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Maybe. I think someone on here mentioned the club has an app in progress. Can other people not just share login details of these apps?

Also there’s always going to be 10% that don’t/won’t want digital tickets so a method needs to be found for them also.

You’ll never stop touting completely, bar perhaps really stringent ID checking, which we all probably want to stay away from. 

But there has to be a (technology-driven) way of making it a lot more difficult than it currently is.

Just now, SteV said:

You’ll never stop touting completely, bar perhaps really stringent ID checking, which we all probably want to stay away from. 

But there has to be a (technology-driven) way of making it a lot more difficult than it currently is.

That’s the ultimate dilemma it seems. People don’t want to be subjected to touting but also want the freedom to transfer. It’s finding the sweet spot that reduces touting as much as possible and also gives a bit of freedom and goodwill. Hence why I keep going back to physical tickets ?

If you are going to have touts then have them from the local area. They will become known and therefore won’t overstep the mark. Anything allowing faceless transactions will only encourage higher asking prices and fake tickets.

6 minutes ago, TBG said:

Pay on the door. First come. First served.

Thank me later. 

Was like that in the 80’s. Was class being in the ground hours before KO trying to find the best vantage point. Only catering was a tiny one man hotdog stand in the corner of the Gallowgate. Still remember the season they removed the fences. Was like going from SD to HD vision.

35 minutes ago, El Prontonise said:

It's to save costs ultimately. 

Give people the option. Most would pay the extra £1 per ticket for physical. Technically we already do with the booking fee on away tickets.

2 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well yeah, but then they would need the infrastructure to support both types of tickets. I guess at the moment they probably have that but I imagine the plan is to get rid of it. 

And out of the two you’d be best off getting rid of digital.

8 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Well yeah, but then they would need the infrastructure to support both types of tickets. I guess at the moment they probably have that but I imagine the plan is to get rid of it. 

They do for people who can't use a phone.  It's as simple as a QR code on a ticket.

Edited by El Prontonise

How far off are we from having all ST/Members photo ID cards? Could load all ST/match tickets on the card and simply tap the screen and flash your pic as you walk in. Less than 5 seconds worth and eliminates a lot of touting surely? Obviously any tickets transferred from ST to a member would then be on their own card so you can pass it to mates(as long as they have bought a membership) Another thing would be loyalty points on all purchases, maybe fractional points for games applied for etc. If they really are producing a fully digital system that wouldnt be too hard?

Mean if we are going down that route may as well do it all the way

5 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

How far off are we from having all ST/Members photo ID cards? Could load all ST/match tickets on the card and simply tap the screen and flash your pic as you walk in. Less than 5 seconds worth and eliminates a lot of touting surely? Obviously any tickets transferred from ST to a member would then be on their own card so you can pass it to mates(as long as they have bought a membership) Another thing would be loyalty points on all purchases, maybe fractional points for games applied for etc. If they really are producing a fully digital system that wouldnt be too hard?

Give ower

38 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

They already do this in Holland although it's only put to use for away games. We have season tickets at PSV and if you also want to travel to away games they insist that you download a photograph onto your ticketing account otherwise you can't travel to away games regardless of how many loyalty points you have.

They brought this rule in last year to counter rising hooliganism problems first and foremost, not touting. Not sure how it works for domestic away games as we don't do them, but for Arsenal away in the Championship League back in September they scanned our season tickets at the designated meeting point and our photographs appeared on their computer screen. Was only then when they'd hand the tickets over.

Given how great the ticket website is, surely they can set up a system that can pick up on the postcode tied to the card being used to make payment. 

Anyone using a card with a registered postcode not beginning with NE is perceived to be a day tripper and immediately banned from buying tickets so not to ruin the atmosphere 

37 minutes ago, TBG said:

Given how great the ticket website is, surely they can set up a system that can pick up on the postcode tied to the card being used to make payment. 

Anyone using a card with a registered postcode not beginning with NE is perceived to be a day tripper and immediately banned from buying tickets so not to ruin the atmosphere 

The locals have had their chance. If anything the ballots should be weighted by distance to give some non-locals a chance. It's a new era. Bring in the new generation.

I vehemently resent in advance any such accusations that this suggestion is for my benefit at all. 

I don’t see what was wrong with the ST cards for ST holders.

Members could have cards that if successful, a ticket is uploaded to their physical card to get into the stadium? I pay £37 a year, surely a physical card isn’t that fucking hard (or expensive)

Edited by TheGuv

2 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Members could have cards that if successful, a ticket is uploaded to their physical card to get into the stadium? I pay £37 a year, surely a physical card isn’t that fucking hard (or expensive)

Was always a physical card until this season, however they never added tickets to them, so was pointless really other for your money off at shearers/nine

28 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

You might like getting choked. But sea turtles don't.

20544356163-f3ca262fbc-b-3.jpg

Go digital.

7 hours ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It's pointless to talk about paper tickets, that is never going to be the solution. 

Don't see why not to be honest. It worked absolutely fine for home games for years. Like LFEE says paper tickets cuts down massively on the ability to tout tickets because you more likely need to be local to sell them on in person. Plus it becomes more difficult to have multiple accounts because you can't just name ghost addresses. E-ticketing and unlimited memberships opens up touting to the whole world.

The fact is that the club, despite what they say, couldn't give a fuck about touting and so have no issues with a system that facilitates it while increasing profits.