Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

The year is 2028. Newcastle United are a dominant force in European football with two XIs that are the envy of most clubs in the world, but N-O is still divided about whether the £25M spent on Chris Wood in January 2022 was a waste of money.

Edited by timeEd32

Who do you all think we’ve lined up?

No way in our position we are going into the second half of the league and a winnable two legged Cup Semi without a third striker. Especially with the recent fitness records of our 1st and 2nd choices.

4 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Who do you all think we’ve lined up?

No way in our position we are going into the second half of the league and a winnable two legged Cup Semi without a third striker. Especially with the recent fitness records of our 1st and 2nd choices.

ASM.

I imagine it will be a versatile striker that can also play out wide.

Thuram would be the perfect profile of player. He's a powerfully built mobile striker that can play as a lone striker, but can also play out wide and actually played out wide more earlier in his career.

Maybe the reports he wasn't interested in coming were off the mark?

1 minute ago, mighty__mag said:

Youssoufa Moukoko

Not a bad shout at all as a young striker that can add depth and get a good number of games with Wilson being particularly prone to injuries, and then eventually play a bigger role when Wilson is done.

I have a feeling it will be someone more versatile though that can also feature out wide.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Not a bad shout at all as a young striker that can add depth and get a good number of games with Wilson being particularly prone to injuries, and then eventually play a bigger role when Wilson is done.

I have a feeling it will be someone more versatile though that can also feature out wide.

Moukoko can play wide forward. 

9 minutes ago, timeEd32 said:

The year is 2028. Newcastle United are a dominant force in European football with two XIs that are the envy of most clubs in the world, but N-O is still divided about whether the £25M spent on Chris Wood in January 2022 was a waste of money.

:lol: the amount of angst caused by this transfer.

4 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Moukoko can play wide forward. 

Ah, okay. I thought so too, but someone posted on here recently that he'd actually hardly played there.

If he can then he's another excellent option because he's left footed and so would add another left footer that can cut in from the right side as an alternative to Almiron, while also being able to play upfront.

Edited by KaKa

Just now, KaKa said:

Ah, okay. I thought so too, but someone posted on here recently that he'd actually hardly played there.

If he can then he's another excellent option because he's left footed and so would add another left footer that can cut in from the right side as an alternative to Almiron, while also being able to play upfront if needed.

He’s got an absolute beauty of a left foot. Lovely player.

Shame that Chelsea being in for Caicedo rules out pretty much every other team, including ourselves. Brighton are looking at £60 million as a starting point and having already rinsed Chelsea for Cucarella, they'll know they can get significantly North of that. Most sensible clubs simply won't pay it.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Shame that Chelsea being in for Caicedo rules out pretty much every other team, including ourselves. Brighton are looking at £60 million as a starting point and having already rinsed Chelsea for Cucarella, they'll know they can get significantly North of that. Most sensible clubs simply won't pay it.

£80-90m, I reckon, if he goes.