Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, toontownman said:

If we are letting wood out on loan we will be bringing in a replacement. That is something to be excited about. Could be Franca is a goer or another young attacker. No way we have just two strikers for the rest of the season with their fitness records.

Yeah I don't see why anyone doesn't get this.

Howe isn't going to rely on Wilson and Isak.

We may sign someone who can play in multiple roles. Joao Pedro was my guess but apparently he's injured.

3 minutes ago, toontownman said:

If we are letting wood out on loan we will be bringing in a replacement. That is something to be excited about. Could be Franca is a goer or another young attacker. No way we have just two strikers for the rest of the season with their fitness records.

2 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Thank you for making a miles better point than me just shitting on him. He obviously was part of a side that stayed up because they were being led by a manager who has had a sensational 12 months.

Factoring in things like integral, considerable, and major contributor are too far fetched for me.

It was the same when Pardew finished 5th or when Bruce finished the same as Rafa. People just pointing to the league position and saying we have to give them credit. It's just a way too simplistic way of looking at things. 

He did contribute of course just not nearly as much as some people want to make out. Individually he's been pretty poor most games. Seems a good character and does work hard but people trying to claim he transformed us into a good team and he's any reason we are third are bonkers. 

“He has previous with Eddie Howe, but made just four Premier League starts in his only full season under the Newcastle coach after signing from Club Brugge in 2019.

Since then, he’s shown some great form in Spain and was linked with a move to St James’ Park over the summer, but there are question marks over his attitude a work rate.

I’m told the player and club have touched base, however, it seems unlikely Newcastle will go for it.

Chris Wood may be off to Forest, so there could be something to it, as he is a versatile forward who can play out wide and through the middle. Stranger things have happened and Newcastle do tend to have an ace up their sleeve, but I can’t see it myself.” (J.Talbot, as per above tweet)

2 minutes ago, joeyt said:

Has that Jac Talbot ever got anything right

Aye. I don't mind him, he's genuine enough and admits if he doesn't have information on something. He's previously said he has no sources at Newcastle, but it sounds like Danjuma's agent is telling everyone and his dog that he's available. 

Someone like him who'd be pushing to be first-choice out wide but also fill in if we have no Isak and Wilson seems the perfect signing. Get him in, Wood out, a creative midfielder who can fill in when Bruno is out but play alongside him and Joelinton when he's in, and we're laughing.

Also wasn’t the Wood fee £20m? I know the odd report said it might of been higher but was never really confirmed. Majority of reports at the time was £20m 🤷‍♂️ Anyway… let’s put it to bed 😆

1 minute ago, Disco said:

Wonder if the new manager simply doesn't fancy him. Was class under Unai.

Question marks over attitude and work rate according to the tweet. Don’t know if that’s from selling or buying perspective though. 

Just now, LFEE said:

Also wasn’t the Wood fee £20m? I know the odd report said it might of been higher but was never really confirmed. Majority of reports at the time was £20m 🤷‍♂️ Anyway… let’s put it to bed 😆

Think we triggered a clause? £20m would sound about right if there was.

1 minute ago, LFEE said:

Chris Wood has readily admitted he never envisaged a club triggering the £25m release clause in his contract at Burnley but, once Newcastle Unitedactivated it, he felt powerless to say no to the Saudi Arabian-controlled club.

“I knew the clause was sitting there but I don’t think anyone ever thought it would ever be triggered,” said the New Zealand striker, hours after becoming the most expensive 30-year-old signing in Premier League history.