Now That's What I Call Transfer Rumours! 7

Rich

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Not sure how accurate this is but thought I’d post it:

It’s speculation at best, we don’t know how much any of the new signings were paid or the value of the sponsorships we have announced. 

We’re building for the future, you don’t let Wood go and don’t back fill, good god I hope not. 

You can hope that Wilson stays fit but, it’s unlikely, you could also put Jo up front and hope he’s magically turned into a natural centre forward and finisher.

We’re surely not that club anymore. I’ll be very disappointed if a replacement, one for the future by all means, isn’t brought in.

As much as I love Wilson, he’s not going to be the future.

Was it just after the summer window that it was reported no premier league clubs were willing to do us a “favour” by loaning us players ? I can’t see this changing this window so any wood replacement will be from abroad (if we do replace him).

5 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Was it just after the summer window that it was reported no premier league clubs were willing to do us a “favour” by loaning us players ? I can’t see this changing this window so any wood replacement will be from abroad (if we do replace him).

I think that was massively overblown tbh. These people are business people. 

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

The plane nonces are giddy about a Netjets private flight (we've used them for a couple of signings) coming in from Dortmund.

Only Dortmund player we've been linked with this January is Moukoko right? 

1 minute ago, Joey47 said:

But Moukoko has 6 months left on his contract right? So he wouldn't be signing until the summer if we did get him.

No, you pay a fee to get him right away. It’s actually perfect because most clubs would want to hang on and get him on a free. 

5 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

But Moukoko has 6 months left on his contract right? So he wouldn't be signing until the summer if we did get him.

Unless Dortmund decide to try and bring something in for him now rather than lose him for a tribunal set fee in the Summer. 

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

No, you pay a fee to get him right away. It’s actually perfect because most clubs would want to hang on and get him on a free. 

Yeah just that the links suggested we were going to compete with Chelsea to sign him on a pre contract for Summer.

It might have changed given that we seemingly have a way to get Wood off the books this Jan and we know our owners are flexible.

2 hours ago, Collage said:

He’s like the best striker in the world at the moment. Not gonna happen. Yet.

8 hours ago, KaKa said:

:spit:

Come on man!

Nobody on here gets sarcasm at all. Or reads all the posts, skim readers.

I'll stick with, Diaby or Maddison/Moukoko 

In that order.

Edited by mighty__mag

1 hour ago, Guybrush said:

I feel like that shouldn't be an option... like, they saw Joelinton up front, right? 

I think he's a fantastic player in his current role(s), and no doubt his new found confidence and training would help him if he's asked to play up front, but I don't think anyone should be looking to play him as a lone centre forward for any amount of time.

What was the system we played the couple of games when Wood was out? Joelinton scored two at Norwich in one of them? Difference between him playing there week-in, week-out with no confidence to the odd instance in an emergency when he's playing well with bags of confidence.