Open Wide For Some Soccer! - Poch to the Yanks.

Mike

I was jumping around my living room like a mad man during the extra time  :lol: really thought it was coming too.

One fucking minute man, what the fuck was that about?

:lol: One minute. That's the meanest shit ever right there.

One fucking minute man, what the fuck was that about?

“Is it a good feeling? No,” Klinsmann said. “Because he’s coming from the same group as Belgium and Algeria, which deserves a great compliment for reaching the next round. He’s able to speak French with their players on the field, not with us. And it’s the country we beat in the last second in the last World Cup.

“I know. I understand FIFA,” Klinsmann said. “I know it’s difficult to choose referees for the right games. It’s always kind of tricky. But it is what it is.”

Was a great WC, even without Donovan. If the US gets a proper striker or two through in the next four years they can be contenders in Russa.

Let's not get carried away here

Quality young squad at the moment, who'll only get better in four years (you'd imagine). That as well as a lot of other youngsters coming out of the woodwork and the MLS increasing in quality. A keeper fit to lace Howard's gloves and some strikers and I really think they're able to challenge. Not saying they'd win, but saying they'd be up among the contenders, yeah.

Was a great WC, even without Donovan. If the US gets a proper striker or two through in the next four years they can be contenders in Russa.

Quality young squad at the moment, who'll only get better in four years (you'd imagine). That as well as a lot of other youngsters coming out of the woodwork and the MLS increasing in quality. A keeper fit to lace Howard's gloves and some strikers and I really think they're able to challenge. Not saying they'd win, but saying they'd be up among the contenders, yeah.

Losing their two best players (Dempsey and Howard), and MLS has a ways to go. (There's no guarantee that the great level of support in this WC leads to more interest/money flowing into the MLS. I know this from firsthand experience.)

For me a "contender" is a team that doesn't go into any match set up mainly to stop the opponent from playing. The gap with European teams is still massive and there's no way the US gets that good in four years time.

Losing their two best players (Dempsey and Howard), and MLS has a ways to go. (There's no guarantee that the great level of support in this WC leads to more interest/money flowing into the MLS. I know this from firsthand experience.)

For me a "contender" is a team that doesn't go into any match set up mainly to stop the opponent from playing. The gap with European teams is still massive and there's no way the US gets that good in four years time.

Green, Mix, Johnson, Brooks, Jóhannsson and Yedlin will probably be playing for some top teams in Europe by then. You'll also always have Bradley around. Six players that'll seemingly be quite good in four years. It's a decent base to start from. In the next four years we'll see a lot more Mix, Greens and Jóhanssons come out of the woodwork as well given how much American semen has been spread around the world. I think Bill Hamid might step up as a competent keeper in the next four years as well. I don't think the 2018 US team will have much to be afraid of, as long as they get a proper striker, which is so, so, vital for the team to push on.

Green, Mix, Johnson, Brooks, Jóhannsson and Yedlin will probably be playing for some top teams in Europe by then. You'll also always have Bradley around. Six players that'll seemingly be quite good in four years. It's a decent base to start from. In the next four years we'll see a lot more Mix, Greens and Jóhanssons come out of the woodwork as well given how much American semen has been spread around the world. I think Bill Hamid might step up as a competent keeper in the next four years as well. I don't think the 2018 US team will have much to be afraid of, as long as they get a proper striker, which is so, so, vital for the team to push on.

There's no way of knowing for sure but you're putting a great deal of trust in players that've barely played this tournament.

There's no way of knowing for sure but you're putting a great deal of trust in players that've barely played this tournament.

Mix I've watched play for years, man. :pow: But yeah, I do. Of course there's a chance it won't come to pass, but I feel I'm seeing a lot of quality in the youngsters (based on more than just this tournament). I think the US are experiencing a mini-Germany event at the moment, with tons of quality dual nationality players popping up choosing the US.

Mix I've watched play for years, man. :pow: But yeah, I do. Of course there's a chance it won't come to pass, but I feel I'm seeing a lot of quality in the youngsters (based on more than just this tournament). I think the US are experiencing a mini-Germany event at the moment, with tons of quality dual nationality players popping up choosing the US.

They should certainly try to aggressively recruit diaspora players.

You have to imagine that there's a lot of American spawn out there in the world. Hell, I could play for America.

True brother. Very true.

:lol: If we have to go out, and it was kinda inevitable that we were gonna go out. I couldn't ask for a more fitting end. My teams lose a LOT, so I know what I normally feel like when a season is over. I'm fucking dead proud right now. I love them all.

Can't really complain about the performance. If we were good enough we would've won, fucking Wondo, never been a fan of his and never will. He's a great poacher against MLS/CONCACAF opposition, but has never proven it against good teams. We should have a fun few years ahead of us though, a lot of good young players coming through and a lot of tournaments scheduled.

Come on, I think you did alright. Let's just not get carried away with the contender talk.

Plus, we all know that Putin will make sure you lot are stuck in Siberia for the group stages in 2018.