The Europeometer™ (2024/25)

Rich

The TopFourometer™ (2023/24)  

626 members have voted

1. 1. How likely are we to finish top four this season? 0 = nee chance, 5 = can’t call it, 10 = nailed on marra

The period after this international break is when the games start to ramp up and Europe does have an impact. This is where we need to take advantage of having no Europe, especially if it’s against sides who have played in Europe.

Like Villa yesterday for example where done after their European game, but had a terrible Man Utd side. If that’s us playing, I’d expect a high tempo where it can’t be matched across the 90. 

We’ve been poor, but if season starts now, it’s a good base to start from as the points are on the board. Keeping Isak fit for rest of season and having Wilson back to chip in is the key to getting top 5 though. Without those, there’s no chance as we’re not technically savvy enough to get through games without a striker and win, as we don’t control the ball well.

16 minutes ago, Sibierski said:

Like Villa yesterday for example where done after their European game, but had a terrible Man Utd side

We had an away European game this week and had a day less rest than them. Let's not forget that.

45 minutes ago, Froggy said:

We had an away European game this week and had a day less rest than them. Let's not forget that.

Mental fatigue more than anything at this stage. The highs of winning your first game back at home in Europe's premier competition late on to then having to play the dross that is Man Utd, difficult to motivate yourself to go again. 

Let's not bullshit. Man United got a good result at Villa, who were underwhelming on the day.

Which is great because it keeps ETH in a job just a wee bit longer.

I think we're slowly clicking into place. Poised very well in the league now points wise, with Isak back (hopefully) after the international break. Europe is very possible indeed, with a cup run giving us another chance.

7 minutes ago, STM said:

Let's not bullshit. Man United got a good result at Villa, who were underwhelming on the day.

Which is great because it keeps ETH in a job just a wee bit longer.

Absolutely. Was delighted when I logged into the PL app this morning and was greeted with this. :lol:

Screenshot_20241007_093134.thumb.jpg.952e3d9a3f20abd377e2583168d2e89f.jpg

And round and round we go.

4 minutes ago, Abacus said:

I think we're slowly clicking into place. Poised very well in the league now points wise, with Isak back (hopefully) after the international break. Europe is very possible indeed, with a cup run giving us another chance.

Yeah I agree, frustrating that we couldn't get the three points which would have seen us go level with 4th but it is a decent start as long as we start kicking into gear. Still feel like the season can go one of two ways but there is a decent chance that Europe will be 8th so we should be getting at least that in my opinion. 

You haven't european matches and this is a great advantage. 

For me you have better chances than Aston Villa and Tottenham. I see a race between you, Chelsea and Man Utd for one (or two if this year PL will have 5 CL teams) places.