Favourite Moment?

Sufi

17 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Løvenkrands' goal against Boro. Thought we were staying up. Celebrated like a mad man. 

Forget how class that game was cos of how it all ended. But aye atmosphere was amazing for that match. Then it was soo flat the game v Fulham, as if that game didn't matter.

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Urgh that Viduka goal being disallowed man. 

That really haunted me for a while. But then ultimately I really enjoyed the season in the championship and thought it worked out well for the club, so I don't look back on it too much now.

I’ll do them in chronological order - I’ll only include the ones where I was there:

1) Kelly’s volley vs Portsmouth in ‘92

2) The entire pre-match and first half vs Leicester in ‘93

3) Cole’s 40th vs Villa in ‘94

4) Peter Beardsley.  Just generally; pick a goal.  From 93-97

5) Shearer signing

6) The 5-0 vs Man Utd

7) Asprilla’s goal in the second 4-3 vs Liverpool.  Convinced this is the one of the best goals I’ve ever seen in the flesh, no idea why others don’t see it the same way; Ginola’s ball and Asprilla’s stretching volley were pure sex

8) Forest 5-0 last day; Newcastle qualify for Champions League, Mackems and smoggies relegated

9) Ketsbaia’s last gasp equaliser (winner) vs Croatia Zagreb

10) Barcelona 3-2

11) Sheff Utd semi - Shearer’s goal

12) Rob Lee’s goal at Wembley

13) Robert’s glorious debut vs the smoggies in ‘01, and my continuing quest to fall in love too easily with silky-skilled left wingers from France playing in B&W.  Thauvin didn’t give me enough time, the tease

14) Robert’s goal at Highbury to put us top - ‘01

15) Nobby’s winner in the 4-3 at Leeds a week later

16) Bellamy’s winner in De Kuip - genuine blackout moment, woke up in a massive pile-on in the away end

17) Shearer’s goals in the San Siro - same as 15)

18) Robert’s thunderbastards vs Spurs

19) Shearer’s final touch in football; the pen vs the mackems

20) Ritchie’s winner vs Burton; the only time I broke my self-imposed exile from Ashley’s SJP as it was just before I was due to emigrate and wanted to go to SJP one last time.  After eight years away, it’s easy to forget just how exciting a live match is. 

Plenty since my Ashley-driven self-imposed exile and later actual exile from emigrating - but all on TV, no less sweet but they somehow always lack the visceral quality of being there

Edited by TheBrownBottle

First away game which was the FA cup match at WBA in the run to the 1974 cup final.

Blown away at seeing the hawthorns something like 75% black & white and the 3-0 win.

Thought to meself I want more of this. 😉

Went to over 100 away games after that and think I only saw 3 more wins. 😂

1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

That really haunted me for a while. But then ultimately I really enjoyed the season in the championship and thought it worked out well for the club, so I don't look back on it too much now.

That season in the championship was a revelation, enjoyed it way more than many of the seasons we've battled relegation and stayed up. Wouldn't want to ever be there by choice but it was great for club unity. Dread to think what it would be like to not come instantly back up though

My favourite moments have already been mentioned in here, but Arsenal at home last season has to be up there for me.

It all just came together. We'd confirmed our place in the league and the magnitude of the takeover finally began to sink in. We'd just taken down one of the big six, the atmosphere was sensational and it give a glimpse of what the club could become over the next few years. 

Edited by The Prophet

1 hour ago, Inferior Acuña said:

I remember seeing loads of people around with the next season's new strip with the Premier League lettering, names like Bassong, Martins, etc on the back. Numpties but probably collectors items since it would have been the only competitive game we wore that shirt like that.