Yankuba Minteh: joins Brighton & Hove Albion on a permanent deal (Official)

1 minute ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Huge surprise that Zero is complaining about the sale. Usually so sunny.

did you really read my posts? I said we have no choice but I feel sad we don’t have a buy back clause. Is that a complain?

Just now, Zero said:

did you really read my posts? I said we have no choice but I feel sad we don’t have a buy back clause. Is that a complain?

We weren’t getting such a clause when we sold for such a premium price. 

And so ends the Minteh journey. Must admit I’d have loved to see him given a chance this season but ultimately his sale was needed for the greater good. Credit the club for having the smarts to do a Chelsea/Citeh-esque flip. I imagine we’ll have to get used to this scenario happening more frequently.

If his main position was anything other than RW I would be very happy with this. However as his main position is the weakest in our current squad and he looked a great prospect it does leave a bitter taste.

I felt his signing showed real planning for the future with a more established RW signed and then the two of them pushing each other, while older players like Almiron and Murphy moved on.

9 hours ago, Gawalls said:

I’ve read in a few places - deals too close to the deadline may not count, hope there’s no truth in the stories. If so then what’s the point of having a deadline

There's no deadline for the Big Six probably...

4 hours ago, Zero said:

It doesn’t matter. Attributes like pace and acceleration, his style of dribbling, number of touches, vision, ability to pick up teammates run while dribbling etc would apply to any league.

He also got a great left foot which doesn’t require much space to hit a powerful shot.

Antony’s clip at the Dutch League shows the opposite. Even though he was toying opponents, he didn’t outpace opponents regularly - which becomes his biggest weakness now and makes him one of the worst transfer in history.

Aye - i'm keeping my stocks in Minteh and look forward to seeing him play in the PL. I think he has all the playing tools needed to go very far in this game.

He's got pace, he looks big at about 6ft. He's quick now, he can get a yard quicker with more strength.

Put it this way. He has nearly all the same football attributes as Gordon - quick, tall, carries the ball, presses aggressively. With the added bonus of being better 1v1. Gordon has a better weaker foot mind.

He's got the raw technical and physical materials. He's got the eye test (minus the one footed thing). He's got the underlying stats. He's got the productivity stats. Everything that can be measured by sight or numbers - he has - which is why Brighton have signed him for £30m.

The rest is mentality, luck with injuries, physical ceiling, technical ceiling etc. that we don't know.