NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

4 minutes ago, johnny36 said:

2 goals in 44 career appearances..Im all for unearthing Championship talent though..Could be a few diamonds in the rough

200.gif?cid=6c09b952l1kfat3gia44nhx82gb4

I suppose there is a vacancy for the third choice, crap non-goal scoring striker at the moment.

Edited by Skeletor

I assume the majority of those games will be from the bench.  We are talking about a 3rd (potentially 4th behind Gordon) choice striker.  If people honestly think we are going to get a 1 in 2 young striker to sit behind Isak and Wilson they are dreaming.

Just now, simonsays said:

I assume the majority of those games will be from the bench.  We are talking about a 3rd (potentially 4th behind Gordon) choice striker.  If people honestly think we are going to get a 1 in 2 young striker to sit behind Isak and Wilson they are dreaming.

Not to sit behind Wilson, no. Every effort should be made to move Wilson on and bring in a good second choice striker who could in time become first choice.

Just now, Skeletor said:

Not to sit behind Wilson, no. Every effort should be made to move Wilson on and bring in a good second choice striker who could in time become first choice.

Who is going to buy Wilson on the wages he is on and actually give us a decent fee? He is injured again and missing the start of the season. 

Just now, Vaj said:

Who is going to buy Wilson on the wages he is on and actually give us a decent fee? He is injured again and missing the start of the season. 

Who was going to buy Wood who looked like an imposter footballer whilst he was here? Forest did, and handsomely at that.

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

Wood turned out well for them but it was mad we got what we did after such a paltry return for us.

Agree however wood was getting 10+ goals a few times for Burnley, didn’t for us then did for Forest. Is the problem Wood or the way we utilised him?

Genuinely asking the question

Just now, Gawalls said:

Agree however wood was getting 10+ goals a few times for Burnley, didn’t for us then did for Forest. Is the problem Wood or the way we utilised him?

Genuinely asking the question

Wood was the problem. Look at that miss against Sheffield Wednesday. That's not a competent footballer.

2 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

Who was going to buy Wood who looked like an imposter footballer whilst he was here? Forest did, and handsomely at that.

At least Wood was fit, it’s now one injury after another with Wilson now.

5 minutes ago, Skeletor said:

He might as well not have been, the little he contributed when he played.

Look past Newcastle mate - 49 in 144 for Burnley so 2.x games per goal, shit for us then do far at forest 15 in 38 so back up to 2.x. Us buying him pretty much relegated Burnley then Forest buying him pretty much kept them up.

Edited by Gawalls

25 minutes ago, Vaj said:

Well if he’s constantly injured then a striker coming in shouldn’t be worried about him

4 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

A kid with potential from the Blades for 10£ million? Not hyped, but he looks like he has potential and heck, maybe he’s the next Ivan Toney.

You mean do fuck all so we let him go and he comes good somewhere else?

Just now, The Bonk said:

Is Mike Ashely our owner, you dingbat?

It was a joke ffs half the people on here are so fucking serious about everything these days it’s so tiresome.  Sometimes I feel if I came in here and said “good morning” I’d get answered with “who the fuck are you to tell me my morning is a good one”.

22 hours ago, The Prophet said:

From the Athletic:

"Paul Mitchell, Newcastle’s new sporting director, is keen to move further senior players out to reduce the wage bill"

Makes sense. 

22 hours ago, Alberto2005 said:

I know, but I get the feeling Howe doesn't want to sell anyone because he likes them.

Agreed. I believe him when he said he didn’t want to lose ASM. He likes having talented players. 

22 hours ago, Andy84 said:

Lewis, Targett, Fraser 

The lack of Targett rumours lends me to believe he’s on gooooood money. 

21 hours ago, 80 said:

Well, Trippier's the most debatable out of that group. The question with him is where his head's at, but if he's switched on and over whatever problems he's had I'd say he's categorically still effective at the top level, and highly influential. He had the best passing stats in Europe 9 months ago.

That's not to say we should definitely keep him, given PSR, but pre-Bournemouth away Trippier is a huge loss to the squad.

If we ended up keeping him because of Howe and we then got post-Bournemouth Trippier for another twelve months, then yeah, that would reflect heavily on Eddie.

For me Trippier is an easy sale at the right price point. We have the replacement.  His value is only diminishing. His position requires athleticism that is surely in decline. He’s not that useful off the bench either. 

If we sold him - I don’t think he NEEDS replacing in the squad. Certainly not with an expensive signing on big wages.  

id take £18m in a heartbeat. 

We should’ve sold him in January imo. We knew we needed at least £40m right?

Just now, The College Dropout said:

Wood profile was a bad fit. 

Always been a decent player. 

I’ll never slag him off as he was part of that setup too make the initial leap and keep us up, did it very well as it turned out.