NUFC Transfer Rumours

Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

There's no reason to think we're currently in breach of FFP. The noises have always been we need to sell to buy.

We are not currently in breach as we are into year 3/3 of rolling levels.

But the two loss making years of 130-140m mean that this current year we have to pull it back by 25-35 to be under the 105 ceiling.

4 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

But the two loss making years of 130-140m mean that this current year we have to pull it back by 25-35 to be under the 105 ceiling.

How many people have to tell you, that you’re not using the correct values in terms of FFP.

lets do some simple maths shall we, add the two figures you have and take away 13 (The post Covid profit Ashley left us with), if those figures were right we'd already have been charged as we'd be well in excess of £105M

Edited by Ghandis Flip-Flop

Or selling to balance.

that’s not what the report says though.

its very much that we are constrained in being able to buy unless we sell, that is we are within the range of complying this year if we do nothing, but if we want to buy we need to sell

Based at on what though? Does it account for...

Increases commercial revenue 

Money the owners can put it 

Prize money 

Player sales 

Deductable losses 

Or are we just panicking based on guess work?

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

that’s not what the report says though.

its very much that we are constrained in being able to buy unless we sell, that is we are within the range of complying this year if we do nothing, but if we want to buy we need to sell

This makes me concerned. The last 3 years to 22/23 means we only just fell under FFP.

The 23/24 season which we have spent 55m on Tonali 40m on Barnes and 30m on Livermento put pressure on this season profits. The combined extra costs assuming a five year contract is £30m including tax and NI.

Our champions league additional income and Adidas deal may eclipse that by 10-20m.

So I still see a 20-30m gap. I might be wrong.

But I am convinced we are selling this season to balance the books.

And I am more than happy to be wrong.

IMG_4898.png

Just now, The Prophet said:

Prize money 

Player sales 

Deductable losses 

Please read my next post.

5 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Then this helps immensely but then we bought Tonali Barnes and Livermento which are this season also. 

Its getting late and I’m boring people here with accounts talk.

just trust that the club have someone almost as good as me looking after the accounts and they know what they are doing.

if we were in danger of breaching we 100% would have sold someone in Jan, even at a reduced fee to balance the books in advance of 30th June

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

Prize money 

Player sales 

Deductable losses 

It’s not guess work mate. Read what I have just posted. I may be wrong by 5-10m but we are dangerously close to breaching FFP without player sales.

3 minutes ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

just trust that the club have someone almost as good as me looking after the accounts and they know what they are doing.

if we were in danger of breaching we 100% would have sold someone in Jan, even at a reduced fee to balance the books in advance of 30th June

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Or almost as good as me. Or bad depending on people’s mindset.

I am just reading between the lines and don’t wear rose tinted glasses.

There is a real possibility that we are on the very line when it comes to FFP.

And people can be positive on this that’s fine. But also the fact that we are not spending and touting players. Eales comments about selling players. Rumours about Wilson. Miggy. Trippier.

You can be blind to it I guess.

Now let me fill my half empty cup with some positive transfer vibes. Oh wait. There has been 35m spent thus far in the January window compared to 800m last year.

FFP is real.

No one has disputed the fact FFP is real.

You have been wrong multiple times in the last hour but still insist you're right.

And now you just added this line, which no one would dispute. We are cutting it close, which is why we would need to sell to buy.

14 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

How many people have to tell you, that you’re not using the correct values in terms of FFP.

lets do some simple maths shall we, add the two figures you have and take away 13 (The post Covid profit Ashley left us with), if those figures were right we'd already have been charged as we'd be well in excess of £105M

No because the year before we had a profit to bring it down on the 3 year cycle. Come on man. Get to grips with this shit.

6 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

It’s not guess work mate. Read what I have just posted. I may be wrong by 5-10m but we are dangerously close to breaching FFP without player sales.

image.thumb.jpeg.66df01812265a25ff5d88a94a674a400.jpeg

Just now, timeEd32 said:

No one has disputed the fact FFP is real.

You have been wrong multiple times in the last hour but still insist you're right.

And now you just added this line, which no one would dispute. We are cutting it close, which is why we would need to sell to buy.

Sell to be above FFP. Not to buy.

Its not really difficult what I am saying.

People just don’t want to believe the truth.

Which is also fine. The fact that Eales is saying it but people want to ignore is is also odd.

We are on the brink of FFP whether people like it or not.

Fact!

3 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Or almost as good as me. Or bad depending on people’s mindset.

I am just reading between the lines and don’t wear rose tinted glasses.

And people can be positive on this that’s fine. But also the fact that we are not spending and touting players. Eales comments about selling players. Rumours about Wilson. Miggy. Trippier.

You can be blind to it I guess.

Now let me fill my half empty cup with some positive transfer vibes. Oh wait. There has been 35m spent thus far in the January window compared to 800m last year.

FFP is real.

it’s not rose tinted glasses at all.

ive got 20 years experience as an accountant, including as a big 4 auditor who audited Man U and a couple of rugby clubs. I’ve also advised Swansea City and am a CFO.

I know how sports finances work and can sort through the boring crap that sets out the rules on FFP.

the guy or gal in charge of the finances at the club will also be well on top of this and will also be a lot closer than me to the areas where they can maximise the exemptions available.

the Hall deal tells you that we had no more room to buy anyone, but the fact we did it when we did tells you that they have a financial plan that keeps them compliant.

if that plan involved selling someone, we would have done it

27 minutes ago, Isaksbigrightfoot said:

Ok mate. Explain otherwise. Instead of sounding like a fart.

You’ve had it explained several times but you’re not listening. 

Just now, Colos Short and Curlies said:

it’s not rose tinted glasses at all.

ive got 20 years experience as an accountant, including as a big 4 auditor who audited Man U and a couple of rugby clubs. I’ve also advised Swansea City and am a CFO.

I know how sports finances work and can sort through the boring crap that sets out the rules on FFP.

the guy or gal in charge of the finances at the club will also be well on top of this and will also be a lot closer than me to the areas where they can maximise the exemptions available.

the Hall deal tells you that we had no more room to buy anyone, but the fact we did it when we did tells you that they have a financial plan that keeps them compliant.

if that plan involved selling someone, we would have done it

Hence why we are trying to sell players. P.S you don’t know what I do for a living.

I guarantee you 100% we are on the brink of FFP breach. As it stands right now.