Alfie Harrison

NSG

41 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Personally think Tino is. 

Hall, I think it’s almost worth not talking about. Something seems to be going on so I wouldn’t want to put the blame at anyone’s door. 

As I said, the young forwards are most likely not good enough. But they can run. And when Isak or Wilson can’t and are injury prone, letting them chase the ball like a dog in the park for 10 -15 minutes wouldn’t surely be a detriment.

I’ll also say, if we had a full squad to pick from then it would be obvious to say that Miley wouldn’t be good enough to get a look in ahead of Bruno, Tonali, JL and Willock. 
Necessity has forced the issue though the experience will have been great for his development.

You can’t wait for a youngster to be good enough without exposing them to the experience of actually competing at that level.

He did give Parkinson game time. But again he probably didn’t look great yet. He’s nowhere near ready to be playing premier league football. I know fans have a desperation to play young players as there’s always hope they will turn out world class. 

You have to remember Howe watches the youngsters every day in training. You don’t. If he doesn’t think Parkinson is ready for a 20 min run around then maybe he isn’t. 

Saying that he doesn’t trust youth and the youth not being good enough are two different matters.

Edited by Toon1892

55 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Absolutely forced. He would never have got near the team without the injuries.

That the miley who started games in America before the injuries? 

59 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

Absolutely forced. He would never have got near the team without the injuries.

But if Joelinton, Willock, Bruno, Sandro etc had been fit all season or should he have got this many minutes. 

16 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Looked shit hot then too. Was deffo gonna feature this season.

38 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

I think most teams give youngsters game experience out of season don't they? Was Miley the only one? (genuine question, not being funny)

2 minutes ago, Shearergol said:

I think most teams give youngsters game experience out of season don't they? Was Miley the only one? (genuine question, not being funny)

No other kid started a game let alone the two he did

43 minutes ago, Fezzle said:

Played against Chelsea last season as well. Did he start it even? 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

They also don’t usually have squads as utterly rinsed as ours.

True, but the point is about the manager's decision making and instincts. He primarily wants the result, protecting that is the number one priority. If he believes that he can protect the result with random kids then OK, but I'm just saying that most probably don't want to take that risk. 

1 hour ago, Fezzle said:

To claim Howe gives youth chances is absolutely bonkers :lol: As great as he is, lets not pretend he is great at everything. If he could play the same 11 every single game I think he would have :lol:

Anderson came back in best shape of the whole squad before pre-season, played excellent in pre-season then struggled to get playing time over a poor, injured Joelinton.

Miley got his debut against Chelsea last season because of injuries, same as this season.

I don't think Howe would have given Miley more than scraps this season (5 minutes at the end of early round cup games f.ex) if everyone else was fit. Doubt he'd be on the bench even. Not that's it's critical for him to get a lot of first team playing time right now at 17, but in a year, year and a half if he can't get on the bench when players are back from injury he'd start slowing down his progress unless loaned out.

Our second best fullback was back to bench duty as soon as Burn was fit enough to get out of bed on his own again.

Hall hasn't played 3 games worth of minutes this season despite playing for Chelsea under two different managers last season, scoring against PSG and never looking out of place when played and being lauded as "technically brilliant".

1 hour ago, Conjo said:

To claim Howe gives youth chances is absolutely bonkers :lol: As great as he is, lets not pretend he is great at everything. If he could play the same 11 every single game I think he would have :lol:

Anderson came back in best shape of the whole squad before pre-season, played excellent in pre-season then struggled to get playing time over a poor, injured Joelinton.

Miley got his debut against Chelsea last season because of injuries, same as this season.

I don't think Howe would have given Miley more than scraps this season (5 minutes at the end of early round cup games f.ex) if everyone else was fit. Doubt he'd be on the bench even. Not that's it's critical for him to get a lot of first team playing time right now at 17, but in a year, year and a half if he can't get on the bench when players are back from injury he'd start slowing down his progress unless loaned out.

Our second best fullback was back to bench duty as soon as Burn was fit enough to get out of bed on his own again.

Hall hasn't played 3 games worth of minutes this season despite playing for Chelsea under two different managers last season, scoring against PSG and never looking out of place when played and being lauded as "technically brilliant".

Oh dear…

Anderson started 4 of the first 8 pl games and came on as a sub in the other 4. Don’t let the truth get in the way of your story though!

5 minutes ago, Toon1892 said:

Oh dear…

Anderson started 4 of the first 8 pl games and came on as a sub in the other 4. Don’t let the truth get in the way of your story though!

OH DEAR

Anderson didn't start until the fifth game of the season against Brentford because Joelintons hamstring injury he had been battling with since pre-season got so bad his body finally gave in.

Edit: Joelinton missed the next 7 matches, hence why Anderson got so many starts until he himself got injured.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your story though!

Edited by Conjo

6 minutes ago, Conjo said:

OH DEAR

Anderson didn't start until the fifth game of the season against Brentford because Joelintons hamstring injury he had been battling with since pre-season got so bad his body finally gave in.

Edit: Joelinton missed the next 7 matches, hence why Anderson got so many starts until he himself got injured.

Don't let the truth get in the way of your story though!

Plenty of people calling for Anderson to be sent out on loan the previous season and this season. Howe decided to keep him here and would have used him regularly if not for injury.

1 minute ago, Conjo said:

OH DEAR

I don’t get your point though? Anderson was still starting ahead of an Italian international in those games?

A 20 year old is starting ahead of an Italian international in the same position. “He doesn’t give youth a chance”. 

you’ve been beainwashed by narrative. This isn’t football manager, Howe has developed a hell of a lot of youth players through his career. 

Ake

Solanke

Ramsdale

Trippier

To name a few pre NUFC off the top of my head. He’s great at bringing youth through. I know you don’t want to believe that but one of the main reasons the owners appointed him is because he is great with youth players…

Just now, toonfanman said:

Plenty of people calling for Anderson to be sent out on loan the previous season and this season. Howe decided to keep him here and would have used him regularly if not for injury.

and yet he still preferred a half fit Joelinton over a player who did brilliant in pre-season and, by his own words, "came back the fittest player in the squad".

Just now, Toon1892 said:

I don’t get your point though? Anderson was still starting ahead of an Italian international in those games?

A 20 year old is starting ahead of an Italian international in the same position. “He doesn’t give youth a chance”. 

you’ve been beainwashed by narrative. This isn’t football manager, Howe has developed a hell of a lot of youth players through his career. 

Ake

Solanke

Ramsdale

Trippier

To name a few pre NUFC off the top of my head. He’s great at bringing youth through. I know you don’t want to believe that but one of the main reasons the owners appointed him is because he is great with youth players…

He started over Tonali for two games, in a period where we had 5 matches in 2 weeks. You know as well that Howe doesn't necessarily throw new players into the team straight away until they are familier with our system either.

Ake was initially a loan, and he was 21 at the time.

Solanke was 22.

Ramsdale were out on loan for 2 seasons first, didn't get his chance until 21.

Trippier was 22.

All of them older than both Anderson and Miley when he started playing them, and all bar Ramsdale (although he played regularly for his clubs for two seasons while on loan) had a good number of first team experience at equal or better clubs/leagues prior to signing them.

Not sure who is brainwashed. Is it really so bad to admit that Howe is uncomfortable giving chances to talents over seasoned players? :lol: He's far from the only manager who does, and I can understand why, and respect that he does what he thinks is best to get results.

I am a sucker for giving talents playing time in the hope of seeing a new star being borne, so personally wish he did it more often. Nothing more than that to it.

2 minutes ago, Conjo said:

and yet he still preferred a half fit Joelinton over a player who did brilliant in pre-season and, by his own words, "came back the fittest player in the squad".

He started over Tonali for two games, in a period where we had 5 matches in 2 weeks. You know as well that Howe doesn't necessarily throw new players into the team straight away until they are familier with our system either.

Ake was initially a loan, and he was 21 at the time.

Solanke was 22.

Ramsdale were out on loan for 2 seasons first, didn't get his chance until 21.

Trippier was 22.

All of them older than both Anderson and Miley when he started playing them, and all bar Ramsdale (although he played regularly for his clubs for two seasons while on loan) had a good number of first team experience at equal or better clubs/leagues prior to signing them.

Not sure who is brainwashed. Is it really so bad to admit that Howe is uncomfortable giving chances to talents over seasoned players? :lol: He's far from the only manager who does, and I can understand why, and respect that he does what he thinks is best to get results.

I am a sucker for giving talents playing time in the hope of seeing a new star being borne, so personally wish he did it more often. Nothing more than that to it.

Let’s agree to disagree then.

Its as clear as daylight to me that Howe likes working with young players and he has a track record of bringing those young players through.

If you think the opposite that’s fine by me.

Just now, Toon1892 said:

Let’s agree to disagree then.

Its as clear as daylight to me that Howe likes working with young players and he has a track record of bringing those young players through.

If you think the opposite that’s fine by me.

You sure it's ok? You seemed kind of angry about it with your passive aggressive remarks?

14 minutes ago, jackflap said:

In fairness Anderson has looked fairly average in his opportunities so far, nothing on Mileys level.

Anderson showed plenty of glimpses that he has something about him. He’s just never had a run in the side like Miley has. 

Edited by MrRaspberryJam