What if...? Biggest Sliding Doors Moments for NUFC

kingxlnc

Harsh on SBR that.

Helder, Gallagher, O'Brien, Bowyer, Acuna were great value.

Lua-Lua wasn't a bad at all at the same price as Des Hamilton and less than Guivarch and Andersson.

Probably more hits than misses considering we begin in midtable.

Small one compared to some, but Kevin Scott being suspended for a red-card the previous season leading to Steve Howey playing centre-back and going on to play for England there and come close to several honours with us.

5 hours ago, llcoolc157 said:

After getting promoted in 1984 an emotional Keegan said 2 things I’ll never forget…

”I wish I’d played for this club and these fans in my prime”

but more importantly “now is the time for this club to go into debt and back the manager”…

A forward line of Keegan, Waddle and Beardsley… Terry and Davy Mac in midfield.. Wharton and Roeder in defence…

And did we back Cox… did we fuck… instead we ended up with him leaving, Charlton coming in and the likes of Cunningham, Reilly and Pat bloody Heard…

Am sure before Cox walked - he had wanted to fetch in Kevin Sheedy and Mark Wright? Remember reading it somewhere. I also remember that KK's testimonial as a player, was a benefit for the club - not him!

3 hours ago, Jonas said:

Harsh on SBR that.

Helder, Gallagher, O'Brien, Bowyer, Acuna were great value.

Lua-Lua wasn't a bad at all at the same price as Des Hamilton and less than Guivarch and Andersson.

Probably more hits than misses considering we begin in midtable.

Fumaca ? 

What if Bobby had agreed to Pep’s plea to come as a player coach. He then developed such an affection for us English Catalans (ok I’m stretching, but bear with me…)  that he stayed and took over from Robson. Cutting his managerial teeth with us instead of Barca. Would he have been a success? Might we have avoided the Ashley era? 

6 hours ago, llcoolc157 said:

After getting promoted in 1984 an emotional Keegan said 2 things I’ll never forget…

”I wish I’d played for this club and these fans in my prime”

but more importantly “now is the time for this club to go into debt and back the manager”…

A forward line of Keegan, Waddle and Beardsley… Terry and Davy Mac in midfield.. Wharton and Roeder in defence…

And did we back Cox… did we fuck… instead we ended up with him leaving, Charlton coming in and the likes of Cunningham, Reilly and Pat bloody Heard…

Cox didn't hang around long after promotion when he realised investment would be limited and difficult. The board had a number of directors who refused to put a single penny into the club - like McKenzie and Dixon. Dixon, the largest (inherited) shareholder, didn't even like football. 

Chris Waddle handing in a transfer request before season end was a hammer blow and was far less likely to have occurred had Cox remained manager.

Abramovich deciding the spend his ill-gotten gains in the Premier League effected us more than anyone.

Chelsea shoved us out of the CL picture when we were becoming established there. Jose would have probably ended up managing us. We were going to go for John Terry in the event that Chelsea did a Leeds.