Our away fans

Guest BooBoo

Seriously what is the problem with shoes off?

Our songs are getting stale, someone comes up with something a bit different, and it's labelled as charv!

Shoes off was a piss take and joke about song the came about while we were doing well and in the top 4 under Robson, we are not anymore and we need to get behind the lads at every away game with proper chants now. Do all the shoes off in the world if we win something, but its a pissing about party chant that is not appropriate in the current atmosphere.

What busses does everyone reccomend Defnitely go on Bill Swifts for a good atmosphere and drink. They are all proper fans aswel. None of this shoes off shtie.

For me, part of going to away games is winding up the home fans, something that'll get their backs up without being too offensive/making us look like ignorant cunts (racism for example). Some originality is good too.

The stereotypical Scouser songs are quite amusing the first time you go to Anfield or Goodison, but I've been four times to games in Liverpool now, and it's beyond dull. Plus they're not bothered anymore, if they ever were, which means you shouldn't sing it, same as when people sing WWYWYWS or "You've never won fuck all" at our place, I just laugh at them.

At the Man City game the other week the fella next to me was going absolutely mental when 'Shoes Off' was being sung, was just screaming 'shut up ya fucking pricks, fucking embarrasment!' etc. :lol:

Agreed tbh, its pretty cringeworthy.

When we played at Everton this year, they were singing "fuck all, you've never won fuck all" at us, which is emblematic of the ignorance of a lot of football fans these days.

Some of our lot at Charlton yesterday were every bit as bad. We've got a song about that Tracey Andrews, that blonde, Villa supporting bird who killed her (Birmingham supporting) boyfriend and made it look like he was murdered in a road rage incident. The gist of it is "Tracy Andrews is our friend, she kills (blue)noses, let her out to kill some more" etc etc etc.

It makes me fecking cringe every time I hear it, people just don't stop and think about what they're singing.

Seriously what is the problem with shoes off?

Our songs are getting stale, someone comes up with something a bit different, and it's labelled as charv!

Shoes off was a piss take and joke about song the came about while we were doing well and in the top 4 under Robson, we are not anymore and we need to get behind the lads at every away game with proper chants now. Do all the shoes off in the world if we win something, but its a pissing about party chant that is not appropriate in the current atmosphere.

Surely any singing is getting behind the lads though.  I very much doubt the players take much notice of what we're singing, it's just good for them to hear us.  And we're not singing about any old crap, it's still about how we love the toon.  I find it more interesting than saying "we love newcastle we do" and "we are the geordies...mental, mad etc." over and over.  It's orignal too - i've never seen another team do it.

I always think it looks impressive when away fans come to st  james' and do something different, like swaying in time or whatever, shoes off is different for us.

Agree about the liverpool songs, it's boring.  "You'll never get a job, sign on".  Found it funny first time i went to anfield.  Not anymore.

Granted North Shields is no Beverley Hills, but it comares favourably with places I've been in Liverpool, honestly I wouldn't let rats live in some of the places I've seen.  That road in to Anfield off the motorway, oh dear, it always makes me think we should have a national fund raising campaign for scousers.

As for your assertion that Liverpool property prices are significantly higher than Newcastle's  :lol:

The average house price in Liverpool is £132,397, in Newcastle it's £169,728.  Obviously the standard of living is lower on Merseyside, but as a consequence it's much cheaper to live over in Liverpool too.  No one wants to live in Liverpool really, since the end of the last century the cities population has decreased by over 50%, and could be part of a valid reason, for the many Liverpool glory hunters throughout the nation through the diaspora.

I'm afraid I have to agree with king harry on this one.

I'm a Geordie living in Liverpool and haven't noticed any real difference between the two cities. I always think it's quite hypocritical of Newcastle fans to sing about Liverpool slums and scousers getting jobs when the north-east is the poorest region of England with the highest unemployment. Coming from Jarrow it would be ridiculous for me to sing any songs about unemployment.

I always feel we're copying the Mancs when we sing those songs.

Anfield is one of the poorest areas of Liverpool so a lot of the visiting fans get a bad image of the city. Can you imagine if St James Park was right in the middle of Scotswood or Benwell? I remember a few years back when they were selling houses for 50p in Benwell. Imagine that was all visitors saw of our city? We are lucky enough to have our stadium right in the city centre so the tens of thousands of fans up and down the country don't pass through our slums.

Newcastle has seen a revival in recent years but so too has Liverpool and with the Capital of Culture 2008 money coming in that will continue. I disagree with you that it is "much cheaper" to live in Liverpool, again I'd say the two places are quite similar.

The fact is theres too many young kids pumped up with too much lager acting like spastics at our away games. Its gonna take a swift heavy punch to the jaw by an irate home fan to put these daft knobheeds in their place. I certainly wouldnt protect them.

eg- two minutes to go yesterday a big group ofcharvas started singing "we're gonna win 4-3". Honestly, please just stay at home and stop making a mockery out of our club.

Guest Mighty Toon Army

Anyone noticed mini solano about. What a legend

Do you frequently see 'mini solano' at away games?

I travel to all the domestic aways and used to get called solano due to my tanned skin (not so much now though).  There's probably still some sort of a resemblance

"Feed the scousers", "In your Liverpool slums",

that been sung for years man. seems preety accurate analysis of the local social-demographic area imo!!

As a scouser now ling i north shields, that post makes me laugh, id never be able to afford to move back to Liverpool now, if i wanted.

As for the police thread above, i honestly do think the police and stewarts at Newcastle are the strictest in the country. Have been countless times when people have been thrown out for nothing, and the time near christmas when we drew 2-2 thanks to 2 owen goals, i got threw out myself for standing up, no warnings just out, wouldnt mind but i was on the back row, with just the wall behind me.

Must disagree, fairenough they aren't the most leniant but Man City have worse than us, when I went earlier this season, there were about four man shouting abuse and threatening to get us after the game, one man below replied to this by starting 'whos the wanka in the black' and he was thrown out for abuse, I was also warned to get thrown out for pushing in the que when I was only trying to go for a piss.

eg- two minutes to go yesterday a big group ofcharvas started singing "we're gonna win 4-3". Honestly, please just stay at home and stop making a mockery out of our club.

That 4-3 song WAS just a bit of fun.

I hate the 'Feed the Scousers' bit; it is Man U, as is that awful song about going to Glasgow and lifting the cup. I associate that with Man U although others have hijacked it (us included now).

Guest bigdunc

I was quite impressed with your lads yesterday.

not really into the scarf waving, it's a bit too Deportivo Newcastle.

booing the little lad at half time was a bit uncalled for though.

atleast he hit the back of the net, martins.

That 4-3 song WAS just a bit of fun.

I hate the 'Feed the Scousers' bit; it is Man U, as is that awful song about going to Glasgow and lifting the cup. I associate that with Man U although others have hijacked it (us included now).

I like the Glasgow song, we need more variety in our song book and I think that it is also very catchy and can be sang for a while, unlike a few of our songs, except Toon Toon.

Guest Invicta_Toon

people who take shoes off literally are fucking tits, and need a fucking lobotomy

and, no, there is a reason why SJP isn't in Scotchy, it's a shithole!!! what's Anfield's excuse?

Guest king harry

people who take shoes off literally are f***ing tits, and need a f***ing lobotomy

and, no, there is a reason why SJP isn't in Scotchy, it's a shithole!!! what's Anfield's excuse?

Anfields excuse for what???

people who take shoes off literally are f***ing tits, and need a f***ing lobotomy

Possibly because over 100 years ago when Anfield and Goodison were actually built the areas they are in (Anfield and Walton respectively) weren't shitholes?

Possibly because over 100 years ago when Anfield and Goodison were actually built the areas they are in (Anfield and Walton respectively) weren't shitholes?

Solid working-class areas, where professional clubs were popularly supported. SJP is in a unique position dominating the city-centre and city as a whole(part of what makes it such a great ground). Almost every other top club's original ground is in an area where the supporters could make the journey on foot or using public transport. Clubs even moved TO such areas (i.e. Arsenal).

Guest Phil K

I dont get to too many away games but its embarassing these days the way some of the charva element go on. Its as if the football match is secondary to spouting as many text book wind ups and absuive home-fan aimed chants as possible.

eg- "Sign on", "Feed the scousers", "In your Liverpool slums", "You stole my stereo".

Seriously, get a life.

Actually, that last line could apply as much to yourself.

Some of the funniest and wittiest chants are aimed at the rivals fans.

Some of the most uncomfortable and embarrasing too, however.