The Board etc. etc.

NE5

Guest The Fox

Jones was not a brilliant buy because he hardly featured.

The problem after Lee was who they appointed Dinnis and then McGarry.

Answer the questions.

While you're at it, here's another. Tell us why Roger Jones didn't play so many games, as you say you were there, you should know.

The Leazes End, durign the Man City game, was singing Gordon we love you, I was in it. And, I notice you don't reply to me correcting you that the Man City game was his last game, instead mentioning it quietly, or did you not even notice.

Show me where I have said anything detrimental about Keegan, I have argued the toss for him for years against people that criticise him, I even did it last week on here to macca888 - again, so that is utter bullshit, like almost everything else you say. Keegan actually, and Cox, were the first managers we had since Lee who preached possession football, quality passing, push and run, movement and the team ethic. Interesting that toonarama reckons Glen Keeley was a good signing, and John Bird wasn't, most of that article is just nothing in particular, there are very few facts. Along with Alex Bruce was a good signing discarded by Lee, Alex Bruce was a 2nd rate player and nobody hardly noticed him leave.

In short, its just a poor piece of nothing, written by someone resembling Alan Oliver, but we are not talking about this either, we are talking about where Lee finished at Newcastle, and why you like people who give us struggling, relegated and mediocre teams and don't like people who give us teams that qualify for europe finishing in the top 5 of the table. Put it quite basically, you can post as much freelance journo type garbage as you like, but I will shoot you down with facts. And I don't even need to look it up, unlike you.

Why did Lee leave Newcastle ? Did it or did it not, take us almost 20 years to finish 5th again ?

However your notion [which qualifies this thread for the gold section IMO] that we couldn't keep Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle because we couldn't afford them, and ignorance of many other matters is what gives the impression that I now have of you, you give it yourself.

Now, rather than get sidetracked again, answer the questsions, by myself, HTL and NE15. What are you afraid of ? Answer them. And don't forget the Roger Jones question.

Roger Jones played 5 or 6 games but was injured twice, in those 5 or 6 games you could see enough in him to claim that he's the best keeper you've seen at Newcastle, talk about knee-jerk.

I don't remember the Leazes ever singing "Gordon we love you", you've said this before and have not been able to back it up so I'll just go off what I can remember and I was in the Leazes end about half way up behind the goal.  I didn't have to correct you about the last game being the Man City game, I questioned what this had to do with the size of the crowd considering nobody knew he'd resigned apart from the directors and players.

Regarding Toonarama, I agree about Keeley and Bird although Alex Bruce was hardly given a chance and he didn't look that bad when he got a game, he looked a tidy player.  As for not talking about that web site, fair enough, I'm not surprised in the slightest that you don't want to mention it considering it goes against your opinion.

Gordon Lee only finished 1 season at Newcastle, we finished 15th in the league, we never qualified for Europe with him as manager, as you like to say, FACT.

Lee said he left Newcastle to be with his Family in Lancashire, later on he said it was because Newcastle had no ambition, the pay rise had noting to do with him going to Everton.

I mentioned Keegan because you knocked the style of football played under him, you did it by having a go at the "crash bang wallop" style before Lee arrived, when did Keegan preach possession football?

The gates were reducing before we sold any of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza, do you know that the club could afford to keep these players?  I don't, I'm not saying that they couldn't as a fact, I'm saying that the club may not have been able to afford it, do you think crowds of 26,228, 23,434, 24,750, 21,038, 22,810, 21,525 were big enough to afford them and then spend a load of cash keeping them happy?

Before you start going on about us now having 52,000 crowds, remember what NE15 said, we were one of the best supported clubs at that time in the country, did that mean we were successful?

Jones was not a brilliant buy because he hardly featured.

The problem after Lee was who they appointed Dinnis and then McGarry.

Did the players revolt have anything to do with the way Gordon Lee had them as his inner circle?  He openly talked with players like Gowling and Micky Burns about other players, he did it in front of the players they were talking about.

What sort of man-management is that?   

"And personally, Roger Jones was IMO the best keeper I have ever seen play for Newcastle"  is a quote that many might challenge and does not add any weight to the postings.

All very interesting though and no doubt..................to be continued.

I think it does. He mentioned it as being a bad buy, I think it was a brilliant buy, he was massive, authoritive, agile and dominating.

Did you see him, if you disagree ?

Clearly Mick didn't see him. But then again, for some people Lee falls into the category that Shepherd does, ie because Lee sold MacDonald he couldn't do anything right. Thats all there is to it really, unfortunately selling MacDonald was proved to be the correct decision and when he left, Everton went on to enjoy 4 seasons of what would now be regular Champions League football, and leaving behind the players for Kendall that I named earlier, while our unhappy players were sold by McGarry and we went down for 6 years.

And unlike the crap in that toonarama piece, that is all fact.

Waiting for Mick to now be adult enough to give us factual answers to the questions he has been posed by myself, HTL and NE15.

McGarry sold unhappy players?

I didn't like McGarry one bit but he was right to get rid of the players who thought they were bigger than the club.  These players who thought they should tell the club who we should have as manager.

Were they right to do this?

Answer the questions.

While you're at it, here's another. Tell us why Roger Jones didn't play so many games, as you say you were there, you should know.

The Leazes End, durign the Man City game, was singing Gordon we love you, I was in it. And, I notice you don't reply to me correcting you that the Man City game was his last game, instead mentioning it quietly, or did you not even notice.

Show me where I have said anything detrimental about Keegan, I have argued the toss for him for years against people that criticise him, I even did it last week on here to macca888 - again, so that is utter bullshit, like almost everything else you say. Keegan actually, and Cox, were the first managers we had since Lee who preached possession football, quality passing, push and run, movement and the team ethic. Interesting that toonarama reckons Glen Keeley was a good signing, and John Bird wasn't, most of that article is just nothing in particular, there are very few facts. Along with Alex Bruce was a good signing discarded by Lee, Alex Bruce was a 2nd rate player and nobody hardly noticed him leave.

In short, its just a poor piece of nothing, written by someone resembling Alan Oliver, but we are not talking about this either, we are talking about where Lee finished at Newcastle, and why you like people who give us struggling, relegated and mediocre teams and don't like people who give us teams that qualify for europe finishing in the top 5 of the table. Put it quite basically, you can post as much freelance journo type garbage as you like, but I will shoot you down with facts. And I don't even need to look it up, unlike you.

Why did Lee leave Newcastle ? Did it or did it not, take us almost 20 years to finish 5th again ?

However your notion [which qualifies this thread for the gold section IMO] that we couldn't keep Gazza, Beardsley and Waddle because we couldn't afford them, and ignorance of many other matters is what gives the impression that I now have of you, you give it yourself.

Now, rather than get sidetracked again, answer the questsions, by myself, HTL and NE15. What are you afraid of ? Answer them. And don't forget the Roger Jones question.

Roger Jones played 5 or 6 games but was injured twice, in those 5 or 6 games you could see enough in him to claim that he's the best keeper you've seen at Newcastle, talk about knee-jerk.

I don't remember the Leazes ever singing "Gordon we love you", you've said this before and have not been able to back it up so I'll just go off what I can remember and I was in the Leazes end about half way up behind the goal.  I didn't have to correct you about the last game being the Man City game, I questioned what this had to do with the size of the crowd considering nobody knew he'd resigned apart from the directors and players.

Regarding Toonarama, I agree about Keeley and Bird although Alex Bruce was hardly given a chance and he didn't look that bad when he got a game, he looked a tidy player.  As for not talking about that web site, fair enough, I'm not surprised in the slightest that you don't want to mention it considering it goes against your opinion.

Gordon Lee only finished 1 season at Newcastle, we finished 15th in the league, we never qualified for Europe with him as manager, as you like to say, FACT.

Lee said he left Newcastle to be with his Family in Lancashire, later on he said it was because Newcastle had no ambition, the pay rise had noting to do with him going to Everton.

I mentioned Keegan because you knocked the style of football played under him, you did it by having a go at the "crash bang wallop" style before Lee arrived, when did Keegan preach possession football?

The gates were reducing before we sold any of Waddle, Beardsley and Gazza, do you know that the club could afford to keep these players?  I don't, I'm not saying that they couldn't as a fact, I'm saying that the club may not have been able to afford it, do you think crowds of 26,228, 23,434, 24,750, 21,038, 22,810, 21,525 were big enough to afford them and then spend a load of cash keeping them happy?

Before you start going on about us now having 52,000 crowds, remember what NE15 said, we were one of the best supported clubs at that time in the country, did that mean we were successful?

I have backed and fought Keegans corner to the hilt when people have knocked him. You find a post where I have ever criticised him, other than buying Arsprilla.

I am happy to judge players quickly sometimes, if you can't thats your problem. Given is the 2nd best keeper I have seen play for Newcastle, Jones was the best and if he had not suffered the injury that killed his career, he would have proved it.

Toonarama praises Tony Green, therefore it doesn't go against my opinion, its the stuff about Lee and MacDonald that is a bag of shite.

As NE15 rightly points out, if we were getting the 3rd or 4th biggest gates in the country, that means not many clubs can afford our players.......I am sure you don't get this.  :lol: :lol:

Why did Lee leave Newcastle ? Why did the players strike ? Why do you like people who are in charge of a club that is bottom half of the league, relegated and sell our best players and slate those who give you a team that qualifies for europe.

Your comment about Lee leaving and our league position is as pedantic as the idiotic one you posted about Keegan being the England captain when he never played again.

For 3 years before Gordon Lee sold MacDonald, we finished 15th, in what is your "golden era". After he left, the football was different and brought about the following results.

In November 1976 Newcastle played Ipswich in an abandoned game. Bobby Robson said afterwards "I think there will be 6 sides in with a chance at the end of the season, and we will be one of them. There is no team that we really fear, but you can't write off  Liverpool, and Newcastle will be there as well. Arsenal, Manchester City and Aston Villa should also be involved". On December 27th, after beating the mackems 2-0, we were 5th in the league, 5 points behind leaders Liverpool, with 2 games in hand of them.

When Lee left the club at the end of January, we were 9th in the league and 10 points behind leaders Liverpool and had FIVE games in hand of them. We were well on the way to finishing 5th, and if you don't want to hand the credit to Lee for that, then you must hand the credit to Dinnis for steadying the ship and pacifying the players from striking.

These are all FACTS.

However, YOU prefer to finish 15th, 2 points above a relegation slot (1973-74) such is your "golden era"  :lol: :lol:

You are talking absolute cack bringing in the 52k crowds, my point is quite simple even you should understand. Why are we getting 52k crowds ? YOU answer. Why do you go ? Why was the ground not full all the time with a lower capacity ?

And while you are at it, again, why did Lee leave Newcastle ?

Why did he buy England players at Everton and not at Newcastle ?

When Lee left, when was the next time we finished in the top 5 ? When did we finish in the top 5 before Lee ?

Answer the questions.

And the questions by NE15 have not been answered either. However, keep up your research, as you don't know nothing about these era's, you're obviously looking in the right places.  :lol: :lol:.......

"And personally, Roger Jones was IMO the best keeper I have ever seen play for Newcastle"  is a quote that many might challenge and does not add any weight to the postings.

I think it does. He mentioned it as being a bad buy, I think it was a brilliant buy, he was massive, authoritive, agile and dominating.

Clearly Mick didn't see him. But then again, for some people Lee falls into the category that Shepherd does, ie because Lee sold MacDonald he couldn't do anything right. Thats all there is to it really, unfortunately selling MacDonald was proved to be the correct decision and when he left, Everton went on to enjoy 4 seasons of what would now be regular Champions League football, and leaving behind the players for Kendall that I named earlier, while our unhappy players were sold by McGarry and we went down for 6 years.

Waiting for Mick to now be adult enough to give us factual answers to the questions he has been posed by myself, HTL and NE15.

I didn't like McGarry one bit but he was right to get rid of the players who thought they were bigger than the club.  These players who thought they should tell the club who we should have as manager.

yet you thought Souness wrong to sell Bellamy [at least you get something right sometimes]

And what about Gullit and Shearer, do you also think that we should have sold Shearer and backed Gullit ?

:lol: More double standards and hypocrisy.

Guest elbee909

I think Mick and NE5 are the new Statler and Waldorf. :)

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8b/StatlerAndWaldorf.jpg

I have backed and fought Keegans corner to the hilt when people have knocked him. You find a post where I have ever criticised him, other than buying Arsprilla.

I am happy to judge players quickly sometimes, if you can't thats your problem. Given is the 2nd best keeper I have seen play for Newcastle, Jones was the best and if he had not suffered the injury that killed his career, he would have proved it.

Toonarama praises Tony Green, therefore it doesn't go against my opinion, its the stuff about Lee and MacDonald that is a bag of shite.

As NE15 rightly points out, if we were getting the 3rd or 4th biggest gates in the country, that means not many clubs can afford our players.......I am sure you don't get this.  :lol: :lol:

Why did Lee leave Newcastle ? Why did the players strike ? Why do you like people who are in charge of a club that is bottom half of the league, relegated and sell our best players and slate those who give you a team that qualifies for europe.

Your opinion about Lee leaving and the position is as pedantic as the idiotic one you posted about Keegan being the England captain when he never played again.

For 3 years before Gordon Lee sold MacDonald, we finished 15th, in what is your "golden era". After he left, the football was different and brought about the following results.

In November 1976 Newcastle played Ipswich in an abandoned game. Bobby Robson said "I think there will be 6 sides in with a chance at the end of the season, and we will be one of them. There is no team that we really fear, but you can't write off  Liverpool, and Newcastle will be there as well. Arsenal, Manchester City and Aston Villa should also be involved". On December 27th, after beating the mackems 2-0, we were 5th in the league, 5 points behind leaders Liverpool, with 2 games in hand of them.

When Lee left the club at the end of January, we were 9th in the league and 10 points behind leaders Liverpool and had FIVE games in hand of them. We were well on the way to finishing 5th, and if you don't want to hand the credit to Lee for that, then you must hand the credit to Dinnis for steadying the ship and pacifying the players from striking.

These are all FACTS.

This is fast becoming pointless, this is the last time I'll repeat this here, you knocked the style of football played under Keegan, you did it by having a go at the "crash bang wallop" style before Lee arrived.  I know you've stuck up for Keegan but he played "crash bang wallop" football as you call it, his approach was if they score three, we'll score four and you can't deny it, he was all out attack and we all loved it, the thing is, you're now using that against Joe Harvey in an attempt to make Lee look good.

I have no problem with your opinion on Roger Jones, I don't share it but that's life, my memory of him was a good first game then the next time I saw him was a game against Man U when he picked the ball out of the net 4 times.

If Toonarama got Tony Green right, maybe you've got Gordon Lee wrong, maybe they are also right about Macdonald and Gordon Lee.

If the fans didn't like Macdonald, why did so many turn up against Arsenal when he played against us?  Why did 10,000 turn up for that one game and not turn up the season before or the next season when we played Arsenal but he was injured so didn't play?  Why is this game against Arsenal the only game that season with a 10,000 gate increase?

I've answered why Lee left, try reading the answer, you can repeat the question, I'll only answer it once.

As for players striking, they wanted Dinnis as manager you know that so why are you asking, did you actually go to matches at that time or do you only read it in books?

Gordon Lee had one end of season at Newcastle, we were 15th in the league, fact.  How is it pedantic?  As you say we were 9th when Lee left, anything could have happened if he had stayed, including another 15th finish.

Guest Knightrider

Can I just say I think the Toonarama site is perhaps the best Toon site on the web, love it, just like their style and slant on things. Easy reading and enjoyable, top site and the people who run it are canny anarl. Even the design is top notch.

yet you thought Souness wrong to sell Bellamy [at least you get something right sometimes]

And what about Gullit and Shearer, do you also think that we should have sold Shearer and backed Gullit ?

:lol: More double standards and hypocrisy.

I thought Souness engineered the Bellamy situation and that Bellamy was stupid enough to fall for it.

I blame Shepherd for appointing Souness in the first place and I blame Shepherd for not doing anything when his manager went in front of the cameras before Bellamy did to let everyone know what was happening, he should have been screwed to the wall for that, yes.  I don't blame him for not letting Bellamy think he was bigger than the club if that's what he thought, nobody is and that includes both Shepherd and Souness, two people who this thread isn't about.

Personally, I'd have been happy at the time for Gullit to sell Shearer because Shearer did look as if he thought he was bigger than the club.  Shearer didn't play for the club in my opinion, he couldn't be bothered, I'm not saying that it was deliberate, that's not something I could know.

Can I just say I think the Toonarama site is perhaps the best Toon site on the web, love it, just like their style and slant on things. Easy reading and enjoyable, top site and the people who run it are canny anarl. Even the design is top notch.

It's a good, easy to read, and funny site, they're not far off about Lee either, why would 10,000 fans suddenly appear from nowhere just for the Arsenal match?  It doesn't happen without a reason, the reason was Macdonald and it doesn't matter how NE5 likes to dress it up.

If you love it so much, why don't you marry it.

Go on, you want to marry it.

Guest Knightrider

I'll stick to just reading it if that's ok with you. I'm already married to one bastard site ;)

Guest elbee909

That's far too mature for this thread.  Isn't it?  Answer the question.  ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!  :winking:

That's far too mature for this thread.  Isn't it?  Answer the question.  ANSWER THE QUESTION!!!  :winking:

If he does answer it will you keep asking him to answer it again and again and again again and again and again again and again and againagain and again and again  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif  bluesleep.gif Sorry, I was just nodding off.

Your opinion about Lee leaving and the position is as pedantic as the idiotic one you posted about Keegan being the England captain when he never played again.

In November 1976 Newcastle played Ipswich in an abandoned game. Bobby Robson said "I think there will be 6 sides in with a chance at the end of the season, and we will be one of them. There is no team that we really fear, but you can't write off  Liverpool, and Newcastle will be there as well. Arsenal, Manchester City and Aston Villa should also be involved". On December 27th, after beating the mackems 2-0, we were 5th in the league, 5 points behind leaders Liverpool, with 2 games in hand of them.

These are all FACTS.

This is fast becoming pointless, this is the last time I'll repeat this here, you knocked the style of football played under Keegan, you did it by having a go at the "crash bang wallop" style before Lee arrived.  I know you've stuck up for Keegan but he played "crash bang wallop" football as you call it, his approach was if they score three, we'll score four and you can't deny it, he was all out attack and we all loved it, the thing is, you're now using that against Joe Harvey in an attempt to make Lee look good.

I will make one thing clear here. I have not knocked anything about Keegans time as a manager other than buying Arsprilla. YOU find it, or you are a liar.

I have also NEVER mentioned Joe Harvey, at any time, anywhere.

And you are right about one other thing, it is pointless debating with someone who won't answer questions.

I have no problem with your opinion on Roger Jones, I don't share it but that's life, my memory of him was a good first game then the next time I saw him was a game against Man U when he picked the ball out of the net 4 times.

If Toonarama got Tony Green right, maybe you've got Gordon Lee wrong, maybe they are also right about Macdonald and Gordon Lee.

If the fans didn't like Macdonald, why did so many turn up against Arsenal when he played against us?  Why did 10,000 turn up for that one game and not turn up the season before or the next season when we played Arsenal but he was injured so didn't play?  Why is this game against Arsenal the only game that season with a 10,000 gate increase?

I've answered why Lee left, try reading the answer, you can repeat the question, I'll only answer it once.

As for players striking, they wanted Dinnis as manager you know that so why are you asking, did you actually go to matches at that time or do you only read it in books?

Gordon Lee had one end of season at Newcastle, we were 15th in the league, fact.  How is it pedantic?  As you say we were 9th when Lee left, anything could have happened if he had stayed, including another 15th finish.

I actually don't give a flying fcuk if "the fans" didn't like Gordon Lee for selling MacDonald, because events proved him to be right, the team did better, he was finished with football 3 years later, and only a complete plank would still deny these FACTS.

You didn't answer why Lee left. You said he left because we were just a cup team or something. What sort of reply is that ? In actual fact, one phrase the toonarama do get right is where they quote Lee as saying "they talk big but don't act big" [that YOU pointed us at  :lol: :lol:]. Too much for you to understand.

Why did he buy England players at Everton and not at Newcastle ? Why did we jump 10 places higher in the league after selling your 2 golden boys ? Answer the question.

Why don't you answer the questions asked you by NE15 ?

You are giving Richard Dinnis the credit for finishing 5th, as we were 9th with FIVE games in hand when Lee left. Fine. I hope you don't criticise Dinnis in future  :lol: :lol:

The players were going to go on strike because they were pissed off at the club losing Lee. I went to games. I had a season ticket.  How many did you go to that season ? Answer the question. Be careful, I will ask you some questions based on this. And now I expect not to get a reply.

You're a joke.

It's a good, easy to read, and funny site, they're not far off about Lee either, why would 10,000 fans suddenly appear from nowhere just for the Arsenal match?  It doesn't happen without a reason, the reason was Macdonald and it doesn't matter how NE5 likes to dress it up.

Easy to read for you, it must be all the cartoons and caricatures

And why did we finish 10 places higher without MacDonald ?

Too much Alan Oliver type rubbish, but I realise its before your time so you don't realise where it is incorrect.

Used to think you had something worthwhile to say mate .......

On the other hand, don't bother, you might be as clueless as Mick, and not adult enough to answer questions, although Grass assures us this is a mature site with adults who do answer questions.

Answer the questions.

Honest mate you taak pish at times.  Your argument was wor gates were too shite to keep players, never in my life have I ever heard a bigger load of shite.  If I was you and if you had any fuckin pride at all I'd be pming the powers that be on here and saying "look I havent fuckin got a clue what am on about and admit am taakin fuckin shite" and get them to put it on news now as well. 

The 26,228, despite being a shite side full of Pat Heard's etc... 4th best average and fuckin more than Spurs that season.  Wadd;e fuiced off to Spurs so whats that got to dee wi gates???!??!?!?!?! fuckin.   23,434 again in an era where football was on the decline and the toon were fuckin shite, a respectable gate similar to fuckin star laden Spurs and Everton who were streets above us. 86/87 25,000 fuckin incredible when you think we flirted with relegation the whole season, then we sold Beardo.  Next season capacity 26000, averaged 22,000 in your heart you know you're a nob if you can't recognise the capacity had an impact on the fuckin average 4gs!  23000 avearge 88/89 incredible considering it was one of the worst sides in toip flight history.  The last gate you query is the 22000 average in 89/90, when we were in the second tier of english football.  Believe me pre-fuckin sky no **** got that in division 2 apart from us and Leeds, you even said Gazza left in 1989, without doubt you are a fuckin KBJ AND I TELL YOU FUCKIN SOMETHING ELSE YOU'RE AN IGNORANT VIRGINA

** I've looked at this 15 minutes after it was posted and done 11 edits to avoid banning.

These are all FACTS.

I will make one thing clear here. I have not knocked anything about Keegans time as a manager other than buying Arsprilla. YOU find it, or you are a liar.

And you are right about one other thing, it is pointless debating with someone who won't answer questions.

I actually don't give a flying fcuk if "the fans" didn't like Gordon Lee for selling MacDonald, because events proved him to be right, the team did better, he was finished with football 3 years later, and only a complete plank would still deny these FACTS.

You didn't answer why Lee left. You said he left because we were just a cup team or something. What sort of reply is that ? In actual fact, one phrase the toonarama do get right is where they quote Lee as saying "they talk big but don't act big" [that YOU pointed us at  :lol: :lol:]. Too much for you to understand.

Why did he buy England players at Everton and not at Newcastle ? Why did we jump 10 places higher in the league after selling your 2 golden boys ? Answer the question.

You are giving Richard Dinnis the credit for finishing 5th, as we were 9th with FIVE games in hand when Lee left. Fine. I hope you don't criticise Dinnis in future  :lol: :lol:

The players were going to go on strike because they were pissed off at the club losing Lee. I went to games. I had a season ticket.  How many did you go to that season ? Answer the question. Be careful, I will ask you some questions based on this. And now I expect not to get a reply.

You're a joke.

You really are slow tonight, I said you mentioned Keegan when you were complaining about a certain type of football, the type we played under Keegan.  I didn’t say that you actually typed his name, does that clear things up?  Do I need to go in to more detail or will this, the third attempt clear it up?

What were you referring to when you typed this?

The right lines being, in fact "controlled possession" football, rather than "crash bang wallop". Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that controlled possession football is the way to play, becomes more important the higher you go, yet you cling to the absurd idiotic notion that having a number 9 to hang your hat on is preferable to having a good, successful team.

Was Souness right to sell Bellamy and Robert because we finished higher last season without them than we did the season before, when they played?  I know Bellamy left in the January window before you try to deflect away from answering, just answer the question.

Of course Newcastle were right to sell Macdonald, the team did better for 1 season then it was 2nd division football while Macdonald was probably devastated at being stuck in the shitty first and top division.

As you say “only a complete plank would still deny these FACTS”.

I did answer why Lee left, please pay more attention, people don’t take your questions seriously because when they answer questions you either don’t see the answer or chose to ignore it, it makes you look a bit daft.  Point out where I said Lee left because we were a cup team?  I’m sure somebody who brands people liars can prove that statement.

I’m not giving Lee or Dinnis the credit for the 5th finish, history says Dinnis was the manager of the club when we finished 5th, who am I to argue?  Who do you give credit for finishing 5th and why?

The players were not going on strike because they were pissed off at losing Lee, they were threatening it because they wanted Dinnis as manager.  What would be the point in going on strike after a manager had decided that he wanted to go to another club?  Stop trying to change history again, you just look daft

How often did you stand in the Leazes during Lee’s last season at the club?  I just wonder as you are the expert on what the Leazes sang.

As for how many games I attended 30 years ago, no idea.

These are all FACTS.

You're a joke.

You really are slow tonight, I said you mentioned Keegan when you were complaining about a certain type of football, the type we played under Keegan.  I didn’t say that you actually typed his name, does that clear things up?  Do I need to go in to more detail or will this, the third attempt clear it up?

What were you referring to when you typed this?

The right lines being, in fact "controlled possession" football, rather than "crash bang wallop". Anyone who knows anything about football will tell you that controlled possession football is the way to play, becomes more important the higher you go, yet you cling to the absurd idiotic notion that having a number 9 to hang your hat on is preferable to having a good, successful team.

Was Souness right to sell Bellamy and Robert because we finished higher last season without them than we did the season before, when they played?  I know Bellamy left in the January window before you try to deflect away from answering, just answer the question.

Of course Newcastle were right to sell Macdonald, the team did better for 1 season then it was 2nd division football while Macdonald was probably devastated at being stuck in the shitty first and top division.

As you say “only a complete plank would still deny these FACTS”.

I did answer why Lee left, please pay more attention, people don’t take your questions seriously because when they answer questions you either don’t see the answer or chose to ignore it, it makes you look a bit daft.  Point out where I said Lee left because we were a cup team?  I’m sure somebody who brands people liars can prove that statement.

I’m not giving Lee or Dinnis the credit for the 5th finish, history says Dinnis was the manager of the club when we finished 5th, who am I to argue?  Who do you give credit for finishing 5th and why?

The players were not going on strike because they were pissed off at losing Lee, they were threatening it because they wanted Dinnis as manager.  What would be the point in going on strike after a manager had decided that he wanted to go to another club?  Stop trying to change history again, you just look daft

How often did you stand in the Leazes during Lee’s last season at the club?  I just wonder as you are the expert on what the Leazes sang.

As for how many games I attended 30 years ago, no idea.

Get to bed Mick 4fs.

Can anyone tell me when St Nick's gave their patients internet access?

Honest mate you taak pish at times.  Your argument was wor gates were too shite to keep players, never in my life have I ever heard a bigger load of shite.  If I was you and if you had any fuckin pride at all I'd be pming the powers that be on here and saying "look I havent fuckin got a clue what am on about and admit am taakin fuckin shite" and get them to put it on news now as well. 

The 26,228, despite being a shite side full of Pat Heard's etc... 4th best average and fuckin more than Spurs that season.  Wadd;e fuiced off to Spurs so whats that got to dee wi gates???!??!?!?!?! fuckin.   23,434 again in an era where football was on the decline and the toon were fuckin shite, a respectable gate similar to fuckin star laden Spurs and Everton who were streets above us. 86/87 25,000 fuckin incredible when you think we flirted with relegation the whole season, then we sold Beardo.  Next season capacity 26000, averaged 22,000 in your heart you know you're a nob if you can't recognise the capacity had an impact on the fuckin average 4gs!  23000 avearge 88/89 incredible considering it was one of the worst sides in toip flight history.  The last gate you query is the 22000 average in 89/90, when we were in the second tier of english football.  Believe me pre-fuckin sky no **** got that in division 2 apart from us and Leeds, you even said Gazza left in 1989, without doubt you are a fuckin KBJ AND I TELL YOU FUCKIN SOMETHING ELSE YOU'RE AN IGNORANT VIRGINA

** I've looked at this 15 minutes after it was posted and done 11 edits to avoid banning.

I think you need to get a grip, I wasn't having a go at the size of our crowds, I've never had a go at the size of the crowds, I've always said we've had good crowds.  I said earlier in this thread that I wasn't having a go at the crowds, nothing has changed in that respect, do I need to add a disclaimer every time I mention the crowd?

I think you need to get a grip, I wasn't having a go at the size of our crowds, I've never had a go at the size of the crowds, I've always said we've had good crowds.  I said earlier in this thread that I wasn't having a go at the crowds, nothing has changed in that respect, do I need to add a disclaimer every time I mention the crowd?

:lol: have you got the Alzheimer's as well?  Go back to the middle of the post.

http://www.indiaplaza.com/productimages/grocery/groceries/images/horlicks_plain.jpg