***The Quote-tastic thread***

Guest smoggeordie

Guest thompers

Him and Bellamy would have been a good partnership if it was for the fact that Robson was pressured to start Shearer all of the time. Kluivert was unlucky that Shearer was still just about good enough when he arrived.

I don't think he was particularly motivated by the fact he knew he would end up on the bench no matter how well he performed in training.

I'd take your point on Kluivert if he'd done well after leaving Newcastle but he didn't.

Kevin Davies, Peter Crouch, have all had big money moves and flopped. There are some people on here would be delighted with those guys. Beattie's made a bad move once. I bet he'd love the chance to restore his reputation up here.

Just think, we, FOR ONCE, could actually buy a player, restore his reputation and see his value GO UP!! Fuck me, that would be lovely.

When was the last time we sold a player for a profit?

Jenas bluewink.gif

Did we though? If we did it was marginal and it certainly wasn't because he set the world alight up here or we developed him into a much better player, it would be because he was young, english and takes it up the arse.

About £4m with the add on's. Thats nearly double what we paid!

I'd be surprised if we made that much on him and don't reckon we made much on Woodgate (although at the time I suppose we were thankful just to get back what we'd paid). My point is we RARELY make profits on players.

We would have a chance of doing so with Beattie and, again, if it didn't work we'd still be able to flog him to a lower league side for a couple of mill.

Ironic that the two players we made a small profit on we're English too though.

Hamman ;)

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

If you prefer the shite board not to buy top quality England players and prefer them to buy the likes of Jonathon Stead, you might just get your wish one day. I am still waiting for people like you to tell us who these directors are that are going to guarantee us permanent Champions League football, as only 4 clubs have qualified more for europe than us in the past decade.

Does our current chairman guarantee us permanent CL football?

No club has qualified for Europe in the past decade through the back door more than us, fact.

How many times did we qualify for europe in the 40 years pre-1992 through the front door ? I bet you didn't complain when we qualified through the back door in 1968, 69 and 70 although I bet you jumped on the bandwagon, or would have done if you were old enough

In the last decade we have finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive years for the first time in over 50 years. .... FACT ..... this is not qualifying through any back door.

what did John Hall do ? It was Shepherd, Hall Jnr and Fletcher who chose and appointed Keegan ?

It was Freddy Fletcher who went to Sir John Hall and suggested Keegan but hey, don't let that stop Shepherd from being credited with it.

Creditted? He won fuck all. At any of the 4 clubs that have qualified for europe more than us, Keegan would have been considered a failure!

oh dear.

Him and Bellamy would have been a good partnership if it was for the fact that Robson was pressured to start Shearer all of the time. Kluivert was unlucky that Shearer was still just about good enough when he arrived.

I don't think he was particularly motivated by the fact he knew he would end up on the bench no matter how well he performed in training.

I'd take your point on Kluivert if he'd done well after leaving Newcastle but he didn't.

Kevin Davies, Peter Crouch, have all had big money moves and flopped. There are some people on here would be delighted with those guys. Beattie's made a bad move once. I bet he'd love the chance to restore his reputation up here.

Just think, we, FOR ONCE, could actually buy a player, restore his reputation and see his value GO UP!! Fuck me, that would be lovely.

Jenas bluewink.gif

Did we though? If we did it was marginal and it certainly wasn't because he set the world alight up here or we developed him into a much better player, it would be because he was young, english and takes it up the arse.

I'd be surprised if we made that much on him and don't reckon we made much on Woodgate (although at the time I suppose we were thankful just to get back what we'd paid). My point is we RARELY make profits on players.

We would have a chance of doing so with Beattie and, again, if it didn't work we'd still be able to flog him to a lower league side for a couple of mill.

Hamman ;)

Aye, true, I'd forgot about him to be honest.

Guest thompers

what did John Hall do ? It was Shepherd, Hall Jnr and Fletcher who chose and appointed Keegan ?

It was Freddy Fletcher who went to Sir John Hall and suggested Keegan but hey, don't let that stop Shepherd from being credited with it.

Creditted? He won fuck all. At any of the 4 clubs that have qualified for europe more than us, Keegan would have been considered a failure!

oh dear.

Nice one.

Jenas bluewink.gif

I wouldn't, add on's are normally things like amount of games played, getting called up to England etc and he will have done quite a bit of that already. Plus they made Europe which is sometimes another part.

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

If you prefer the shite board not to buy top quality England players and prefer them to buy the likes of Jonathon Stead, you might just get your wish one day. I am still waiting for people like you to tell us who these directors are that are going to guarantee us permanent Champions League football, as only 4 clubs have qualified more for europe than us in the past decade.

No club has qualified for Europe in the past decade through the back door more than us, fact.

How many times did we qualify for europe in the 40 years pre-1992 through the front door ? I bet you didn't complain when we qualified through the back door in 1968, 69 and 70 although I bet you jumped on the bandwagon, or would have done if you were old enough

In the last decade we have finished in the top 5 for 3 consecutive years for the first time in over 50 years. .... FACT ..... this is not qualifying through any back door.

You're right, I didn't complain about qualifying through the back door in 68, 69 and 70, I don't use it as bragging rights either.  I don't think I've ever tried to make our old chairman look better for those qualifications, unlike you and now.

I have highlighted that we last won something because of the qualification through the back door, something that hasn't happened since.

Where did I say that the top 5 finished were back door qualifications?

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

You're right, I didn't complain about qualifying through the back door in 68, 69 and 70, I don't use it as bragging rights either.  I don't think I've ever tried to make our old chairman look better for those qualifications, unlike you and now.

I have highlighted that we last won something because of the qualification through the back door, something that hasn't happened since.

No chairman can guarentee CL football, thats down to the team and manager, and for me i dont care how we get into europe as long as we do, a club our size needs European money to fund its way forward IMO

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

No chairman can guarentee CL football, thats down to the team and manager, and for me i dont care how we get into europe as long as we do, a club our size needs European money to fund its way forward IMO

and who appoints the manager?

Guest thompers

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

Yet we're going backwards...

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

who mentioned back door ? Fact is, we qualified according to the rules. Many times through a high league position, a higher league position on numerous occasion, than what was achieved under the old board during a period of almost 40 years. It is a fact that all the teams not in europe would have liked to have qualifed, Bolton were pissed off we beat them to that position last season for instance. Would you like to reach the FA Cup Final again or wouldn't you ? If you say no, you're an idiot.

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

what do you think of Arsenal going backwards ?

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

What do you think of Arsenal winning stuff despite spending less?

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

don't worry about him you'll get used to his whinging agenda

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

So what your sayin is that the chairman completely dictates that fate of the club, sorry but your talking absolute shit

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

So what your sayin is that the chairman completely dictates that fate of the club, sorry but your talking absolute shit

So NO-ONE could see appointing Souness was the wrong move? Aye im talking absolute shit  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest thompers

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

I think that they must have gone wrong somewhere and that responsibility for this rests at the top of the heirarchy, as it always should.

What do you think about Arsenal going backwards?

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

What do you think of Arsenal winning stuff despite spending less?

probably the same as all the clubs we have overtaken and qualified more for europe than, since 1992, think of us

who mentioned back door ? Fact is, we qualified according to the rules. Many times through a high league position, a higher league position on numerous occasion, than what was achieved under the old board during a period of almost 40 years. It is a fact that all the teams not in europe would have liked to have qualifed, Bolton were pissed off we beat them to that position last season for instance. Would you like to reach the FA Cup Final again or wouldn't you ? If you say no, you're an idiot.

I mentioned back door, is that so hard to understand, just read the posts again if you're getting confused.

Yes I would like to reach the FA Cup final, would you? 

PS Your answer doesn't change the outcome of you being an idiot or not. bluebiggrin.gif

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

So NO-ONE could see appointing Souness was the wrong move? Aye im talking absolute shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

On paper Souness is a very succsessfull manager, im not saying it was right to appoint him but at the time everyone of us was screaming that we needed discipline and that the players ran the club,  the chairman does have to take account for poor descisions however is it the chairmans fault that owen is injured ? nope is it the chairmans fault that a very prolific spanish striker signs for us and cant adapt to the way of life ? nope, ultimitly its the manager nd the team that take you places

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

I think that they must have gone wrong somewhere and that responsibility for this rests at the top of the heirarchy, as it always should.

What do you think about Arsenal going backwards?

it obviously means that they have fuckwits in the boardroom who don't know what they are doing  :lol: Like every club who finishes lower in the league than a previous year

8m - 2.5m = 5.5m

So NO-ONE could see appointing Souness was the wrong move? Aye im talking absolute shit :lol: :lol: :lol:

On paper Souness is a very succsessfull manager, im not saying it was right to appoint him but at the time everyone of us was screaming that we needed discipline and that the players ran the club,  the chairman does have to take account for poor descisions however is it the chairmans fault that owen is injured ? nope is it the chairmans fault that a very prolific spanish striker signs for us and cant adapt to the way of life ? nope, ultimitly its the manager nd the team that take you places

In reality Souness was shit and there were very strong rumours he was going to get the push from Blackburn, they must have had the party of their life when they found out not only would they not have to pay him off but some mugs were going to pay THEM for his services! As soon as he signed people at work who support various different teams were coming up to me and saying "what the fuck are you lot on!?" The whole of football could see it was a failure waiting to happen apart from our board!

That huge but obvious mistake completely fucked us and is the reason why we are today and have been since Souness took charge!

But no thats not FS or the boards fault!  :roll: