Championship Players

sempuki
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

So many shit players in this thread I can't even be asked to comment but one I will comment on is Ben Foster. Why the hell would we buy a keeper? If he is as good as you say Delima why would ManUre get rid when VDS only has a couple of years left?

Why the hell would we buy a keeper?

1. I feel that he is an improvement over Shay Given.

2. If we can get him cheaply maybe we could sell him later for a profit.

If he is as good as you say Delima why would ManUre get rid when VDS only has a couple of years left?

Just my suggestion, not necessary realistic. I doubt that Bale would come to Newcastle United when Manchester United and Spurs have both alledgely submitted firm offers.

The Championship is a vastly improving league but it is still nowhere near Premiership stndard. Just look who the 2 top scorers are, Earnshaw and Rasiak, who are both Premiership flops.

Being good in the Championship by no means suggests you'll make it in the Premiership.

Why the hell would we buy a keeper?

If he is as good as you say Delima why would ManUre get rid when VDS only has a couple of years left?

Just my suggestion, not necessary realistic. I doubt that Bale would come to Newcastle United when Manchester United and Spurs have both alledgely submitted firm offers.

Ok  :lol:

Right lads who should we go for in January, surely a left sided defender and striker are priority? Fuck it lets get a keeper, not as if Shay is good enough.

Ok  :lol:

Right lads who should we go for in January, surely a left sided defender

Preston North End - Danny Pugh

Southampton - Gareth Bale

and striker are priority?

Birmingham City - Cameron Jerome, Gary McSheffrey, Nicklas Bendtner

Derby County -  Arturo Lupoli

Preston North End - David Nugent

Cardiff City - Michael Chopra

Luton Town - Sam Parkin

Hull City - Jon Parkin

Southen United - Freddy Eastwood

Fuck it lets get a keeper, not as if Shay is good enough.

Next time read more carefully please, Gejon!?

Sam Parkin is injured, Chopra is the new Hughes.

Why the hell would we be going for a keeper anyway? There is blatantly no point! I don't think he is better than Given and im sure many agree even Sir Alex.

Suggestions.

Why the hell would we be going for a keeper anyway? There is blatantly no point! I don't think he is better than Given and im sure many agree even Sir Alex.

Suggestions.

Ok lets sign Steve Howard and Kevin Foley and Rowan Vine and Markus Heikkinen :thup:

The Championship is a vastly improving league but it is still nowhere near Premiership stndard. Just look who the 2 top scorers are, Earnshaw and Rasiak, who are both Premiership flops.

Being good in the Championship by no means suggests you'll make it in the Premiership.

I know this mate. Those players are players I suggested, not players I nailed as must. I am not a scout, I am only a fan giving out suggestions from what I know. That Earnshaw and Rasiak (premiership flops according to you) are top scorers in Championship does not mean that we should simply see Chopra et al as sub standard footballers. If Championship performance should not be used as gauge, then why do are Bale, Nugent et al so highly rated and sought after?

If Nugent, or any other, were to be that good surely he should easily score more than flops like Earnshaw, Rasiak and Chopra?

Just look at the current premiership table, and you will see many players who did well in Championship could do well in Premiership too.

Ashley Young, Hameur Bouazza, Marlon King, Robert Green, Daniel Gabbidon, Anton Ferdinand, Reo Coker, Marcus Hahnemann, Graeme Murty, Nicky Shorey, Steve Sidwell, Ibrahima Sonko, Glen Little, Leroy Lita, Kevin Doyle, Dave Kitson, Ívar Ingimarsson, Sam Sodje, Seol Ki-Hyeon, Paddy Kenny, Phil Jagielka, Michael Tonge, Scott Carson, Darren Bent and a lot a lot more all started from Championship and below. Do they deserve the scorns freely dished out in this thread?

Even Theo Walcott was discovered in Championship.

Was Earnshaw a Premiership flop though? He went down with a relegated club, had an OK scoring record for West Brom if I recall correctly.

Was Earnshaw a Premiership flop though? He went down with a relegated club, had an OK scoring record for West Brom if I recall correctly.

He didn't go down with them, they flogged him in the January window.