2 official bids for bale.......

Guest rosstoon

bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif bluelaugh.gif

The promise of first team football is what we cried at the start of the season, and what we cried last season, it did not help then and it won't help now.

Fact is a young lad with Man Ure or the Toon after him is going to pick them over us every time, even if they are told once they have signed they will be loaned out.

We need to stop living in a dream world, still thinking we can lure big players and up and coming stars here when the leagues top clubs are after them.

Arsenal have that lure yet their talent scouting system means they don't offten have to compete with other clubs for players, they find talent where other clubs do not even seem to bother looking. That is what we need to be doing and not going after players that we will only waste time on.

The promise of first team Football got us Owen against all the odds, it got us Martins (who would have stayed ar Inter had they offered him more Football).  Just a few examples there..

I'm sure a lot of 17 year olds out there would sign for Manure ahead of us even when they are being offered no chance of regular Football initially.  However some young Footballers actually have decent level headed people behind them.  You don't know Gareth Bale or his advisers/parents so why even try to suggest that you do.

Though personally I wouldn't want Bale for the kind of money being talked about anyway..

Bale is worth no more than £4 million in my opinion.

He has some potential, but requires a lot of work before he is even ready to play in the Premiership. There is still a very good chance that he wont make it.

Right now, David Edgar is probably the better defender.

Bale possesses great technique when striking the ball from distance, but so does Plymouth's Paul Wotton, and no Premiership club would sign him.

Bale is worth no more than £4 million in my opinion.

He has some potential, but requires a lot of work before he is even ready to play in the Premiership. There is still a very good chance that he wont make it.

Bale possesses great technique when striking the ball from distance, but so does Plymouth's Paul Wotton, and no Premiership club would sign him.

True

Right now he is hugely overpriced

But that doesnt change the fact that he is great talent and can develop to a great player :thup:

Nevermind our manager just said that he will sign mostly loan players and Bale's price is about 7m so...

What is that based on? Do you really think several top Premiership clubs are interested in him just because he can hit a decent freekick? I would be suprised if you have seen either play enough to compare them defensively.