Collins John offer accepted

Guest rosstoon

COLLINS JOHN has rejected a £2million move to Watford after they failed to match his personal demands, writes BEN KINSELLA.

The Fulham ace held talks with the rock-bottom Hornets last night but will not lower his £20,000- a-week wage demands.

The Cottagers are keen to sell John, 21, and had agreed a fee with Watford earlier in the day.

Watford chief Aidy Boothroyd still hopes to resurrect the deal but will have to break the club’s salary cap to do so.

John has started just nine league games this season after falling out with boss Chris Coleman.

Coleman said: "Collins’ agent told us he wanted to leave and we accepted a good offer for him.

"The disappointing thing from my point of view was that Collins told his agent he had spoken to me about it, which he hadn’t.

"Collins has got it all to do in terms of proving himself."

Coleman has snapped up legendary Roma striker Vincenzo Montella, 32, on a six-month loan deal.

Guest teepee

COLLINS JOHN has rejected a £2million move to Watford after they failed to match his personal demands, writes BEN KINSELLA.

The Fulham ace held talks with the rock-bottom Hornets last night but will not lower his £20,000- a-week wage demands.

The Cottagers are keen to sell John, 21, and had agreed a fee with Watford earlier in the day.

Watford chief Aidy Boothroyd still hopes to resurrect the deal but will have to break the club’s salary cap to do so.

John has started just nine league games this season after falling out with boss Chris Coleman.

Coleman said: "Collins’ agent told us he wanted to leave and we accepted a good offer for him.

"The disappointing thing from my point of view was that Collins told his agent he had spoken to me about it, which he hadn’t.

"Collins has got it all to do in terms of proving himself."

Coleman has snapped up legendary Roma striker Vincenzo Montella, 32, on a six-month loan deal.

coleman is talking shit sometimes - he really is a whining cunt.

he's also gone to the fulham cronicle (or some other shite paper) and said that claus jensen doesn't want to extend his contract, when in fact jensen and his agent are due too meet with the club on tuesday..... so i wouldn't doubt that john has actually told him that he's not happy, but cookie will do anything to make others look like the sinners (the whole boa morte saga springs to mind)

as for john - i wouldn't mind him as a squad player, but i doubt he sees him self as that - so we'll have a problem when owen and ameobi comes back.

I quite like him for his honesty. Shame more didn't reveal the way players and (more particularly) their agents try to manufacture moves for themselves.

Guest teepee

I quite like him for his honesty. Shame more didn't reveal the way players and (more particularly) their agents try to manufacture moves for themselves.

i reckon it is whining and has nowt to do with honesty!

Guest Alan Shearer 9

£2 million is a lot of money to gamble with in all seriousness, can't believe the nonchalont attitude of some on here towards it when they never shut up about the money Gooness wasted