Collins John offer accepted

Guest rosstoon

I sit on the fence with John.

He has the potential to be brillaint. He's strong, technically sound and has an eye for goal.

Weakness wise he tends to be a bit erratic, plus he's not the quickest in the world...

bit of a short arse n all, already got 2 players vying for the short arse striker role (Owen/Oba)

Guest Armchair Pundit

He got a fair few goals last season, he can't be THAT bad. If he's only £2m he'd be better than nothing and we could have spent the rest of the mythical £10 on a couple of defenders plus a loaned midfielder just to keep Glen happy  bluebiggrin.gif

He's rubbish, too many have been brainwashed by HTT.

:lol: Beat me to it.

A quick search, finds me this glowing reference by the forum's "most knowledgable poster". ;)

We all know Owen is Shearer's replacement in terms of the leading man, the main man, the new hero, but we still need to replace Shearer the player or rather his position as a striker. Where do we look? What type of player do we look for? Who?

Many think another big name, someone like Ronaldo?

Not for me, I'd like us to go for Collins John of Fulham who I think is an excellent prospect and very much attainable at the right price. He's a goalscorer, is powerful and quick and is only 21. He'd be an ideaql Summer signing. Wouldn't cost the earth, wouldn't command a huge salary and is young enough to grow and develop along with the team, giving us a good number of years worth of service. He for me has the potential to score 15-20 goals a season and would be a good foil for Owen as he likes to play through the centre where as Owen likes to use the channels. He'd give us that presence up front and an option for the ball over the top or through the middle that we lack without Owen in the side.

:lol: Scores about one in four.

From what I've seen he looks quick and strong with a good eye for goal. As someone pointed out earlier, fairly similar in style to Darren Bent. I think he'd do a good job for us herre, pretty sure he's only about 21 as well.

I've watched him since he missed that chance against us in that friendly "cup" in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago.

That was Stern John.

From what I've seen he looks quick and strong with a good eye for goal. As someone pointed out earlier, fairly similar in style to Darren Bent. I think he'd do a good job for us herre, pretty sure he's only about 21 as well.

I've watched him since he missed that chance against us in that friendly "cup" in Kuala Lumpur a few years ago.

That was Stern John.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Plays for us, apparently... (see end)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collins_John

You mean linked to us right?

I dont think he would be alright, certainly good back up when everyone is back, but if his attitude is as bad as suggested he wont have any part of sitting on the bench.

No, Wikipedia reckons he signed for us today...

Collins John (born October 7, 1985 in Zwedru, Liberia) is a Dutch footballer playing for Watford F.C in the English Premiership. John was born in Liberia, but his family emigrated to the Netherlands after the murder of his father, during the genocide in the Liberian Civil War.

[edit] Football career

Collins John was born in Zwandru, Liberia, although plays his international football for the Holland Under-21s - John has also recieved 1 cap for the Dutch senior side. Collins was signed by Fulham in January 2004, for a fee thought to be in the region of £600,000, from Dutch Eredivisie side FC Twente. John was amusingly introduced to Fulham fans, at half time during their game in the 2003-2004 Premiership season against Tottenham Hotspur, by former Fulham midfielder John Collins. His debut for the club came against Chelsea at Stamford Bridge on March 20, 2004. He scored eleven Premiership goals in the 2005-2006 season, despite only starting 15 of the thirty-seven games he appeared in. Despite not starting every game, and usually coming off the bench, he became Fulham's top goalscorer during that season, with 13 goals in the Premiership and other competitions. Brian McBride and Heiðar Helguson were behind with 12 and 11 goals respectively. One of those many goals coming against Middlesbrough FC; A volley from his weaker foot was later to be named "Goal of the Month" by the BBC and was in the running for "Goal of the Season".

On August 16, 2006 he was linked to a £5million move to Premiership rivals Newcastle United F.C..

I wouldn't be over the moon with the signing yet I wouldn't hail it as being the end of the world. He has shown potential in past season but has hardly played this season. Surely better than nothing?

I would hope for better but not sure if we would have enough money to bring in higher quality. Eastwood apparently available  for £2.5 million, but he could be an even bigger risk than Collins John.

I think a loan signing of a striker maybe our best option for now, given that Owen and Shola should be fit for next season and then gives us chance to sign a long term quality striker in the mould of Darren Bent for example.

Eh? For who? Malaysia? Birmingham? Chelsea?

Guest Alan Shearer 9

I think he's shite, the only people that rate him love the smell of HTT's anal cavity, and then there's HTT himself who just bums him silly. Stick to the sharks you tart, absolute mug's game it is

I think he's shite, the only people that rate him love the smell of HTT's anal cavity, and then there's HTT himself who just bums him silly. Stick to the sharks you tart, absolute mug's game it is

:lol:

Guest Alan Shearer 9

worth a punt? Do you acctually give a shit what this football club doese with its money? Oh we've got 2 mill, may as well just buy 2 million lottery tickets it's WORTH A PUNT. WORTH A PUNT? We'd end up back in the shithouse with logic like that behind the scenes, thank god Freddy knows what he's doing and has made us one of the top 5 english clubs of the last decade.

worth a punt? Do you acctually give a shit what this football club doese with its money? Oh we've got 2 mill, may as well just buy 2 million lottery tickets it's WORTH A PUNT. WORTH A PUNT? We'd end up back in the shithouse with logic like that behind the scenes, thank god Freddy knows what he's doing and has made us one of the top 5 english clubs of the last decade.

Who was it exactly, that wished you posted more on this board? 

How's this, Turnip Tits, we sell Luque for 4mill, buy John, spend the rest on lotto tickets.  By some miracle

we win the lottery, spend that cash on whores to keep you busy enough for the next 50 years so that you'll

never post your diatribe on this board again?  :thup:

Guest Alan Shearer 9
http://www.infonavigate.com/travels/sheep-and-wool-festival-maryland/DSCN2490%20-%20Sheep%20-%20Reversed.jpg

What is happening at the moment that is boring the WUMS? both Thompers and AS9 have been getting a little overexcited recently (even by their standards!)

Dont know what their problem is...

Guest FlapjackJoe

He got a fair few goals last season, he can't be THAT bad. If he's only £2m he'd be better than nothing and we could have spent the rest of the mythical £10 on a couple of defenders plus a loaned midfielder just to keep Glen happy  bluebiggrin.gif

We only have a tenner to spend?

We only have a tenner to spend?

Only one player in the league we could afford and the useless Irish cunt already plays for us, hows the luck!?

on espnsoccernet.com right now says watford is reportedly buying up a duo from Rotherham for 1.2mill. one of the players is a striker the other a midfielder.  so maybe it's not watford who had their bid for john accepted.

i've only seen john play two or three times, mostly last term when he was scoring.  thought he brought real strength and pace to fulham.  maybe he wouldn't be so bad with martins for the second half.  he's quicker than ameobi and more comfortable in his own shoes  tongue.gif

lets be honest 2mill just might fit our budget????

lets not jump canyons with a motorcycle though...