***Official Takeover Talk Thread***

Guest smoggeordie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

GLENN ROEDER will get a huge transfer war chest if the £227million sale of Newcastle goes through.

Toon boss Roeder can expect a £20m windfall should American financiers Polygon and the United Bank of Switzerland complete the New Year deal.

Chairman Freddy Shepherd and the Hall family will also be huge winners.

Shepherd will pick up £20m from the deal while former owner Sir John Hall and his son Douglas should scoop around £48m.

Sir John paid £3m for the Toon in 1991.

It will be another Premiership club takeover by foreign backers.

They have pledged NOT to get involved in the playing side — unlike new West Ham supremo Eggert Magnusson, who sacked boss Alan Pardew this week.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-10151,00.html

Can't believe that greedy git SJH would fleece the club of £45m. Disgrace. Only Fred does that kind of thing.

yes !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! at last some good news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How is this automatically good news?

Will these new owners have some magical ability to automatically select the right manager? Or do you think they'll stump up even more cash than the current Board (which is a lot of cash) and that it won't matter who the manager is?

brave new world . imho it is good news that they are not going to meddle in the playing side of things as everyone knows we are in a dodgy position and need to keep the team heading in the right direction .

I am excited about this and hope we can show the so called "big clubs" a run for there money when the dust settles and we have a PROPER strategy in place .

brave new world . imho it is good news that they are not going to meddle in the playing side of things as everyone knows we are in a dodgy position and need to keep the team heading in the right direction .

I am excited about this and hope we can show the so called "big clubs" a run for there money when the dust settles and we have a PROPER strategy in place .

How do you know they won't meddle? How do you know they'll select the right manager? How do you know they are better?

Serious questions.

Guest thompers

How do you know they won't meddle? How do you know they'll select the right manager? How do you know they are better?

Serious questions.

Because they aren't 'geordies' therefore won't have some sort of racist vendetta against foreigners and people that aren't 'geordies' and people that don't 'have a feel for the club'. This increases our options massively increasing our chances of success.

Serious questions.

Because they aren't 'geordies' therefore won't have some sort of racist vendetta against foreigners and people that aren't 'geordies' and people that don't 'have a feel for the club'. This increases our options massively increasing our chances of success.

Hmm, interesting. Are you suggesting the club doesn't employ any foreigners and will suddenly start to do so?

You're reading too much into stuff you've read in the media, thompers.

What did you make of Shearer spouting that Geordies would rather have a team that wins the FA Cup than the League, and that Souness should be given more time because he'll get it right?

Serious questions.

We don't know any of this but some of us are more willing to take the chance to find out rather than sticking it out with Freddy.

Guest Darth Toon

This is potentially very exciting news, but I'll reserve judgement until we find out a bit more about these people - weren't Polygon the company people were concerned about selling to a while ago?

And the UBS may have billions, but they're not exactly going to start chucking it about like confetti are they?

And what happened to Belgravia - was that just a smokescreen?

So many questions!

The UBS-Polygon blueprint for running the club will be different from the other Premiership foreign takeovers in that the new owners will take a back seat themselves, but employ proven football and financial operators to take charge on a day-to-day basis at St James' Park.

From that Mail article.

Excellent news (if true).

The UBS-Polygon blueprint for running the club will be different from the other Premiership foreign takeovers in that the new owners will take a back seat themselves, but employ proven football and financial operators to take charge on a day-to-day basis at St James' Park.

From that Mail article.

Excellent news (if true).

Unless they employ Freddy Shepherd  :lol:

Guest stjamestoon

I really hope this happens,and can see it , the announcment on the official site doesnt completely rule a takeover out, just says not as yet...

I'm not going to say its a good or bad thing.

It should be pointed out that Polygon are a hedge fund with a reputation for wanting to make quick money.

However, the proposal seems to state that they want to take a back seat and put football people in charge of running the club. If that's the case, then it may well be good news, but who knows?

All we can do is wait and see. I'm reserving my judgement and right now I don't have strong feelings either way.

Serious questions.

We don't know any of this but some of us are more willing to take the chance to find out rather than sticking it out with Freddy.

Good answer, surprisingly enough. However, I don't think others have your sensible take on it, assuming as they do that the current Board is so shite than any replacement will automatically be better.  I'll take a better Board, but I'm not assuming a replacement will be better, they could just as easily be worse.

To me it's about running the club more professionally from top to bottom. If we're taken over I'd like to see an improvement there. I have no problem whatsoever with the financial backing the current board has given our managers. It's difficult to see how anyone with any sense would have.

Broken fuking record HTL, just shut up FFS and let people enjoy some good news for a change.

Don't you ever get bored of being annoying?

Don't you ever get bored of being a broken record yourself, spouting total shite as always?

As always?

Mate, you really need a slap in the face, you are one of the most hated and laughed at people on this forum. I haven't met a single person on here who has a good word to say about you.

Your boring as fuk, talk shite, think your something special and go about being such a misery, most posters avoid you like the plague.

Your a joke my friend, i hope you dont go on like this in the outside world, as i doubt you'd have a real friend who'd give a damn if you lived or died.