Lassana Diarra

stozo

How is getting Diarra on loan gonna remove expierenced players such as Butt, Parker or Emre? If we get him it will be as a back up player, Fact is we have no money and a small squad yet people are moaning about a potential loan deal.

Call Newcastle a feeder club because we have 2 loan deals is way over the top, Its a simple case of cutting your nose off to spite your face.

I honestly dont know what people want, When we dont get any loan deals im pretty sure people was moaning because we dont take advantage of loan deals yet now when we are linked with a loan deal people moan and accuse us of being a feeder club.

In a perfect world I'd agree with you. Diarra would come here, sit on our bench and once in a while come in when two of Butt/Emre/Parker are tired or injured. Handy backup that costs nothing.

But he's already a backup player at Chelsea and realistically he would be unlikely to get many more chances here than he would there. We don't have the luxury they do of fielding a B team in the cups yet at Chelsea he would be playing in those games. With us it'll be a case of putting our best team out in all games from here until the end of the season. He would likely start against Notts Forest for example, yet I doubt we'd play him against Reading.

Indeed, the only way to fit him in the team and take a gamble on him would be to deny an established first teamer like Butt, Emre or Parker his place in the team. Diarra has no Premiership experience and it's unlikely he would fit right in and start playing like Makelele, in fact I suspect he wouldn't be as reliable as those we already have. This would be an unnecessary signing and might even have a negative impact on things. I doubt we'll be getting any loan deals from Man Utd for a while for obvious reasons and if we bring in Diarra I expect we wouldn't be getting many more from them either.

As for all this mid-table club stuff, I'm not rejecting the concept of loan deals. But bringing a player in for the sake of it isn't necessarily so straight-forward. In the longer term Chelsea are a club who we could potentially loan promising talents from, talents we need in vital positions (left back for example). We should be looking at the kind of loan players who wil be on the fringes of our first team or even in the first team, not just luxury backup. Fulham loaned Wayne Bridge, Spurs loaned Mido, Fulham have just loaned Montella. These were astute loan deals in positions where these clubs felt they needed strengthening. These are the sort of deals we need to be looking at for the remainder of this season, defenders and strikers. There are many big clubs with oversized squads, just look at Real Madrid or Inter Milan for example, we should be scouring these clubs for left backs or young strikers because they could do a real job for us right now.

Diarra coming surely menas only 1 thing. One of Parker or Emre is leaving. Why would Roeder be looking at him if he knows that he has 3 experienced proffesionals. And IMO i think Emre will be oin his way soon to a foreign club. ANothher big loss to te toon. Emre, Luque, Thomasson who else are we going to lest slip....! Roeder Nowhere

Thid has got to mean that one of our midfielders are leaving. It will be Emre IMO. Roder has not got a clue what he is doing at this club dealing with big name players. Newcastle would not pursue in  a midfileder and pay his wages to be 4th choice. Luque, Emre whoc else. Given!!

So Roeder is selling one of his midfielders simply because he could be bringing another one in on loan. We only really have 4 central midfielders, so if 2 get inured we are then down to the bare bones, their is nothing wrong with bringing in an extra player to strengthen the squad.

so u think the shepherds would let roeder waste more money on bringing in a player to sit on the bench. Get a grip and you people are the ones hu blame them 4 wasting money. I bet u cant wait to have Lassina Diarra playing in the reserves. That is of course if we sell sum1.