Newcastle 2 - 2 West Ham - Post match thoughts

Guest nufc 4 life

Thought Milner had another good game. The best thing about today is that we didn't just roll over and die, but upped our game and got back at them. It could've gone either way in the end, but it turned out to be a decent match after a shitty start.

Anyone else think Martins' touch today was awful?

His touch on the ball is bad, and he lost the ball several times when he shouldn't have done. But we have to be realistic and accept the package he's offering. Great finisher but not very good during the build up.

Agree i think Martins has so much to improve...his touch isnt the best and he gives the ball away almost everytime he gets it!! He seems to have no idea about whats going on around him! Amid that he's looks sharp! Hopefully he'll learn alot from Owen when he returns...

Martins has an unusual and slightly ineffective playing style.. still a world class player though

if there's one thing, that Roeder has ever done right since arriving, it's buying Martins..

and Pattison is not Patterson.. chances are Patterson's better, although he can't really get a game for the academy ::)

Carroll pulled off some 'top drawer' saves to deny Martins. I do think Martins would probably have scored one in particular if he had placed his shot instead of blasting it off target after doing all the hard work. I like Martins but am begining to wonder if he can ever 'tap' the ball.

Guest Knightrider

Watching the highlights a draw was probably the best result and before the match I would have settled for a point, coming back as we did showed good character, strength and determination and that's very pleasing, far more than the result because it would have been easy for heads to drop further after the 5-1 defeat and had we not showed such character that might have spreaded to further games, we are now back on track and have 10 days to get some new players and work on one or two things on the training pitch.

Watching the highlights a draw was probably the best result and before the match I would have settled for a point, coming back as we did showed good character, strength and determination and that's very pleasing, far more than the result because it would have been easy for heads to drop further after the 5-1 defeat and had we not showed such character that might have spreaded to further games, we are now back on track and have 10 days to get some new players and work on one or two things on the training pitch.

Knowing our luck we will pick up more injuries whilst training. Wish I could feel confident that Gormless Glen will be able to attract any quality players in the remainder of the window