Newcastle 2 - 2 West Ham - Post match thoughts

Guest nufc 4 life

Whats the story with losing Parker then?

At 2-0 down I was furious,  so I can take 2-2 now.  Give them all 10 days off to focus on the Villa game.  Much needed 10 days off,  and hopefully a player or 2 now.  With Lucas Neill in at West Ham now,  dare I say Anton Ferdinand?

2-2 is a bad result, going down 2-0 does not in any way change that tbh! Can't understand how it does!  :-\

To be honest we are on the ropes after the drubbing by Birmingham and I'm happy we've got through this game without getting beat.

Now we have 10 days to prepare for Villa, get players back fit and reinforce the squad with a couple of new players.

Whats the story with losing Parker then?

At 2-0 down I was furious,  so I can take 2-2 now.  Give them all 10 days off to focus on the Villa game.  Much needed 10 days off,  and hopefully a player or 2 now.  With Lucas Neill in at West Ham now,  dare I say Anton Ferdinand?

Parker dragged himself off the pitch for our second-to-last corner. Looked like he'd aggravated his stomach again. He was back on for the next one, but was obviously looking pretty crocked.

Guest Geordie_Paul

Tbh 2-2 is a bad result at home against West Ham but when we went 2-0 down (which we shouldn't have) i suppose it's a good comeback. I must admit when Ramage first started playing i thought he was a good prospect but he has just got gradually worse.

If Given is properly injured then we'll be lucky to win many games because he is one of the main reasons we haven't lost twice as many games!

martins would have scored at least two goals if not for carrol.. darn

Defoe and Berbatov would have each had hat tricks against us last week if not for Given, so I'm not TOO mad about Carrol going Lev Yashin on us today.

After the brummie disaster this wasn't too bad a result!!! Ramage is and always has been a rubbish footballer...not just today but his touch and passing is awful, can't believe this guy is a professional! Scott parker and steve Carr back from injuries...why bother?! They can't cut the mustard either! Was much better with emre and butt in the middle! Milner has been a good performer but lets have a look at our left side....again rubbish....pattison and o'brien are not good enough for this level! Granted n'zogbia and duff are injured but we have a international sitting on our bench! Just a few things Roader needs to look at! And we badly need some defensive cover..can i see this happening..probably not...can Roader actually attract players to this club???

To go 2 goals down is bad but to come back and score 2 is a positive result. At 0-2 we'd all have taken 2-2.

NUFC now have 11 days before our next match. Hopefully the players who are still fit will be able to 'recharge their batteries' . Also it's more time for some of the injured players to recover and be ready to come back in 11 days. Regardless of what you think of them we are low on numbers and Duff, Bramble and Babayaro are due back in that time. It's also 11 days until the transfer window closes.

At 2-0 down, I'd have taken the draw. Milly's goal (was it offside?) came at a crucial time to get us back in. Ramage was poor, but he didn't look fully fit - am I right in thinking he was carrying a knock before the game ? We shored it up when Edgar came on - he was quite impressive again I thought.

We could have sneaked it in the end, but 2-2 is probably a fair result and I'm reasonably happy with our position, given the injury situation. New faces are needed though, and fast. An experienced CB and a LB would be a start.

They fought on and we can be proud of them for that I really did not think we would get anything out of the game at 0-2 down.

Milner deserved MOTM by miles.

Its not the end of the world, a 10 day rest now is much needed and lets hope some new faces are in by then.

Had a good chat though with the lad sat next to me, over here from Irleand for the game, cracking lad.

Would have been disappointed with a draw before the match, but after 25 minutes this looked like a repeat of the Birmingham and Sheff Utd games as we looked incapable of defending or keeping hold of the ball.

To get this one back to 2-2 after that 25 minutes was more of a relief than any thing.  Both teams had decent chances to win it.

Urinal Rennie had a typical performance - the West Ham players could kick chunks out of players and tackle from behind without recieving a yellow, but dare to question his capabilities and two of you are in the book.  Glad he's gone at the end of this year.

Thought Edgar had a very good game and looked fairly calm and assured when under pressure.  Huntington had a shaky game, but his distribution was fairly good.  Looked a loy less shaky when Ramage was replaced though.

2-2 is a bad result, going down 2-0 does not in any way change that tbh! Can't understand how it does!  :-\

Everything is relative. Before the start, everyone thought that 2-2 against West Ham at SJP would be a terrible result to get. After the horrible confusion of the first half, 2-2 is still not a good result, but a much better bad result than it seemed before the game kicked off. It's fine to say 2-2 is still a bad result, but it's a much better result than 0-2 would have been. Gotta take what small consolation you can from the fact that we battled back for a point after giving away 2 needless goals.

Guest Bramble OG

Poor result overall, but once we got back into it it was a decent performace, Should have won really with Carol making some superb saves.

Defence did OK once Ramage went off but still huge holes now and again!!

Carr did OK at Lb but still shouldnt be anywere near the team when others are fit. Edgar looked solid at CB played the ball most the time not just hitting it anywere to clear. and Huntington played some great balls(and some poor ones)

Worst thing is the way the our keeper lofts the ball up to the strikers Martins and Dyer and niether challange for it and usually ended in a WH attack! Dyer maybe isnt going to win headers but on the few times he challaged but at least getting near the defender it came off

Everything is relative. Before the start, everyone thought that 2-2 against West Ham at SJP would be a terrible result to get. After the horrible confusion of the first half, 2-2 is still not a good result, but a much better bad result than it seemed before the game kicked off. It's fine to say 2-2 is still a bad result, but it's a much better result than 0-2 would have been. Gotta take what small consolation you can from the fact that we battled back for a point after giving away 2 needless goals.

Evening captain obvious how are you today?

Yes 2-2 is better than 2-0 but it doesn't make it acceptable! its not as if luck went against us to make it 2-0 it was down to our own errors so although we got it back it doesnt make it any better imo. If we want to do anything this season we need to beat teams who are 2nd from bottom in the league and the fact we failed to do it at home makes it even worse.

2-2 is a poor result the fact we went two behind is irrelivant!

2-2 at SJP against WestHam is Piss poor for me, with all due respects its this kinda game just like Sheff u, Charlton and Fulham that are your bread and butter points.  Dont win these games and for me we have no right to stay in the league

I suppose we did finish the stronger team but thats no good when the first 40 mins we were crap, this slow start thing is starting creep well into our game. No team can afford to take 30 mins to get going but the Hammers have new faces and some times that is enough to get a team up and going, it also gets the fans going. We are getting stuck in a rutt so lets hope some new faces here can kick start us onto a winning run.

Evening captain obvious how are you today?

Doin' fine, thanks!  ;D

Yes 2-2 is better than 2-0 but it doesn't make it acceptable! its not as if luck went against us to make it 2-0 it was down to our own errors so although we got it back it doesnt make it any better imo. If we want to do anything this season we need to beat teams who are 2nd from bottom in the league and the fact we failed to do it at home makes it even worse.

2-2 is a poor result the fact we went two behind is irrelivant!

Starting a Captain Obvious competition, then? No, it's not a good result. I think I mentioned that. It's a pathetic result against a team that we should've beaten easily, and we're going to finish in the bottom half of the table if we keep this kind of play going. It's still better to get one point out of it than zero.

Mind monsouir Rennie was as predictable as ever, Martins trys to get the ball off Carrol and gets booked, dyer is brought down on the edge of the area from behind and the card does of course stay firmly in the pocket...must be summit about that black and white NO 9 shirt lol