West Ham transfers

Skirge

God these fkers are pissing me off, they are snapping up every fker, Wigan wnated Diop and now the Hammers have stepped in to sign him.

I have lost count of who they have signed so far, anyone list em here ?

Guest Kenton Magpie

Davenport

Boa Morte

Neill?

Is it only three, thought it was more than that ?

4 as stated before i made the mistake, four more than us mind!

I think they are using our old trick of high wages, Neill knocked back Liverpool to go to the Hammers I think I read for an extra £2o grand per week than the Liverpool offer.

Old trick?

Owen £100k+, Dyer & Duff £65k, Emre & Parker £55k etc...

Smacks of desperate, panic buying to me. It'll all end in tears. Real, salty tears.

Portsmouth did the same last season and ended up staying up.

West Ham are signing players who will improve there team and probobly keep them up.

Guest optimistic nit

maybe its because they've learn't their lesson since the last time a unexpected windfall hit the football leauge.

my hopes are that this causes a huge amount of friction and seperation within the club, causing the hammers to go down.

Smacks of desperate, panic buying to me. It'll all end in tears. Real, salty tears.

West Ham are signing players who will improve there team and probobly keep them up.

Not so much in the January window they didnt, their spending was mostly last summer.

Not so much in the January window they didnt, their spending was mostly last summer.

Portsmouth this time last season brought in a shed load of players, players which kept them in the division and it looked certain they would go down.

Guest Bellers

Lets be honest they haven't bought anyone outstanding:

Boa Morte: Can be more than useful, but his best days are behind him, for a five million pound price tag you aren't getting value for money.

Davenport: Useless no better than anything we have, glad they snapped him up before Roeder got any ideas.

Quashie: The kiss of death, relegated with five different clubs. Average is an understatement.

Neil: Good signing for the price but clearly in it for the money, if he had any ambition he'd be off to Merseyside.

I wouldn't worry too much, the signings they have are poor in their own different ways but they all smack of desperation. There's a bigger better market out there, if only we would use it...

Portsmouth this time last season brought in a shed load of players, players which kept them in the division and it looked certain they would go down.

They bought Mwaruwaru, Mendes, Davis, Pamarot and Kiely in the January window. Mendes, Pamarot and Davis came for a combined 7m. Kiely was a nominal fee. Mwaruwari cost 4m or so.

The thing about West Ham isn't so much the players they have signed, it is that plus the players they have tried to sign, and the prices quoted. That and the wages - Lucas Neill isn't a bad player, but he's not worth 50k a week. They've been linked with everyone, made bids for a lot of them, and signed quite a few still, and I guess we haven't seen the end of it yet.

I hope they go down, fucking kitstealers.

They bought Mwaruwaru, Mendes, Davis, Pamarot and Kiely in the January window. Mendes, Pamarot and Davis came for a combined 7m. Kiely was a nominal fee. Mwaruwari cost 4m or so.

The thing about West Ham isn't so much the players they have signed, it is that plus the players they have tried to sign, and the prices quoted. That and the wages - Lucas Neill isn't a bad player, but he's not worth 50k a week. They've been linked with everyone, made bids for a lot of them, and signed quite a few still, and I guess we haven't seen the end of it yet.

They also got D'Allesandro on loan.

Was pretty poor at first, but then sparked and he brought home the bacon and the vital time for them.

These signings certainly saved a team that couldn't buy a win under previous management and with that squad.

West Ham had a decent squad beforehand, which was just out of form, these signings will help, but Quashie & Davenport are nothing to write home about Neill is solid and Boa Morte is good on his day, its just not his day as often as you'd hope if he palys for you.

They miss Ashton, they simply should of spent £11m on bringing in Bent, and try and start up partnership up that would last for years to come.

Was pretty poor at first, but then sparked and he brought home the bacon and the vital time for them.

These signings certainly saved a team that couldn't buy a win under previous management and with that squad.

West Ham had a decent squad beforehand, which was just out of form, these signings will help, but Quashie & Davenport are nothing to write home about Neill is solid and Boa Morte is good on his day, its just not his day as often as you'd hope if he palys for you.

They miss Ashton, they simply should of spent £11m on bringing in Bent, and try and start up partnership up that would last for years to come.

I think the problems with West Ham are ...

1. They're getting the tag of "doomed" already. Doesn't mean a huge amount but it has a psychological effect.

2. Internal strife - apparently their dressing room is like a war zone, and the chief suspects in plotting against Pardew are equally hostile to Curbs. Take a look at some of the stuff that gets posted on KUMB. Shocking, if true.

3. Their new owners are making themselves look like arses. Talking about who they want to buy, and how much they will pay. That's the manager's job, not the chairman's.

4. Mishandling players on a massive, massive scale. Tevez and Mascherano can barely get a game, FFS. Bobby Zamora is better than Tevez, is he? I don't think so.

5. Signing players the way they have (basically waving more money at them), they're a bit like Boro. A place where people go to play not because of any conviction they're a happening, notable club, just purely for the money. Players there just for the cash aren't what you need halfway through a season where you're looking at possible relegation.

I think the problems with West Ham are ...

1. They're getting the tag of "doomed" already. Doesn't mean a huge amount but it has a psychological effect.

2. Internal strife - apparently their dressing room is like a war zone, and the chief suspects in plotting against Pardew are equally hostile to Curbs. Take a look at some of the stuff that gets posted on KUMB. Shocking, if true.

3. Their new owners are making themselves look like arses. Talking about who they want to buy, and how much they will pay. That's the manager's job, not the chairman's.

4. Mishandling players on a massive, massive scale. Tevez and Mascherano can barely get a game, FFS. Bobby Zamora is better than Tevez, is he? I don't think so.

5. Signing players the way they have (basically waving more money at them), they're a bit like Boro. A place where people go to play not because of any conviction they're a happening, notable club, just purely for the money. Players there just for the cash aren't what you need halfway through a season where you're looking at possible relegation.

All points i agree with tbh.

It should be fun to see how it all pans out.

Glad to be 10pts ahead of them, shame it wasn't 12, but i cant see them finishing above us this season.