Curtis Davies rumour becoming stronger

NUFC06

We're presuming that Nigel Pearson and Davies actually got on with eachother you know.

I'd like Davies, but for £9m they can fuck right off.

Unless I've been misled I thought it's been written somewhere that they got on extremely well? Or that it was at least known in WBA circles and then consequently on the 'net.

Mentor/student thing, wasn't it?

We're presuming that Nigel Pearson and Davies actually got on with eachother you know.

Unless I've been misled I thought it's been written somewhere that they got on extremely well? Or that it was at least known in WBA circles and then consequently on the 'net.

I've absolutely no idea. Just seemed daft that everyone says he'd want to sign because of Pearson. You might be right like, as I say i've no idea.

I've absolutely no idea. Just seemed daft that everyone says he'd want to sign because of Pearson. You might be right like, as I say i've no idea.

I'll have a deeks!

I bet in the summer they will sell him for less then 9m presuming he is still there in the summer

I think the Pearson thing (well from my side at least) was that Pearson would know of his quality and capabilites having seen him play and train a lot more than most players we would be looking at. Didn't really think about Pearson being an attraction for Davies to move here.

I think the Pearson thing (well from my side at least) was that Pearson would know of his quality and capabilites having seen him play and train a lot more than most players we would be looking at. Didn't really think about Pearson being an attraction for Davies to move here.

Aye

Pearson knows Davies really well.He knows what he is capable of and maybe he said that to Roeder

Aye

Pearson knows Davies really well.He knows what he is capable of and maybe he said that to Roeder

You and Jon are correct from what I can see, there's nothing concrete to say they love each other anywhere.

Guest Alan Shearer 9

Roeder said he could get loads of defenders in the wrong side of 30, let's hope he does it oh wait a minute he was talking bollocks

Well its not looking for for a Davies deal...

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray is confident Curtis Davies will be with The Baggies come the end of the season.

The former Luton Town defender is a wanted man with Newcastle United admitting their interest in the England Under 21 international.

With The Baggies down to the bare bones squad wise, Mowbray is keen to retain Davies as the club look to make a swift Premiership return.

Davies was particularly impressive in West Brom's 3-2 win at Leeds and Mowbray is delighted the defender's form has not been affected by the speculation surrounding his future.

"I am sure that Curtis will stay and will still be a West Brom player come February when the transfer window has closed," said the ex-Hibs boss.

"We have 17 games left to try and get back into the Premier League so it's very important we don't lose our best players.

"There is a connection in that the Newcastle coach Nigel Pearson used to be at West Brom but it is probably just another handle to link Newcastle with Davies.

"I am delighted that Curtis has not been affected by speculation and that he can still produce good displays - like the one against Leeds.

"There is a lot going on around him but we cannot control that. It is not coming from us and he is working hard to help his team win football matches."

My mate whos a WBA fan said there was less than a 20%* chance that he would leave.

Think hes more than well liked down there.

*Figures approx you understand...

The Magpies chief has seen a number of moves fail to bear fruit this month,

Shades of August 31st, surprise surprise....

Hands up those who believe Roeder will cock up again.....can't see the arms for the forest of hands......

Hands up those who believe Roeder will cock up again.....can't see the arms for the forest of hands......

I would be surpised if we even managed a panic signing at the moment!

No body read the last post on page 3 of this thread ?

West Brom boss Tony Mowbray is confident Curtis Davies will be with The Baggies come the end of the season.

The former Luton Town defender is a wanted man with Newcastle United admitting their interest in the England Under 21 international.

With The Baggies down to the bare bones squad wise, Mowbray is keen to retain Davies as the club look to make a swift Premiership return.

Davies was particularly impressive in West Brom's 3-2 win at Leeds and Mowbray is delighted the defender's form has not been affected by the speculation surrounding his future.

"I am sure that Curtis will stay and will still be a West Brom player come February when the transfer window has closed," said the ex-Hibs boss.

"We have 17 games left to try and get back into the Premier League so it's very important we don't lose our best players.

"There is a connection in that the Newcastle coach Nigel Pearson used to be at West Brom but it is probably just another handle to link Newcastle with Davies.

"I am delighted that Curtis has not been affected by speculation and that he can still produce good displays - like the one against Leeds.

"There is a lot going on around him but we cannot control that. It is not coming from us and he is working hard to help his team win football matches."

I would be surpised if we even managed a panic signing at the moment!

Quoted for sad truth...