Glenn Hopeful on Defender Decision

Skirge

He was part of the central partnership which did not concede or conceded only 1 goal during the whole of the world cup qualifiers was he not? But he's no better than our defence? Ofcourse completely ignoring the fact that the same partnership conceded 6 goals against Argentina  8)

Guest Slagter_Palle

According to the danish press, NUFC will loan danish international defender Michael Gravgaard from FC Copenhagen. He has outclased rooney twice when playing againtst him. He's very strong, fast, ok on the ball and very very good header. I would love it if we get him. love it.

i've said it before on here - gravgaard would be a great addition!

fantastic in the air, and very calm. Is the leader in the back four for denmark, lining up next to agger!

only real weakness imo is his lack of speed!

is often pushed up as a striker in the last bit of the game - scores a lot of goals for a defender

New board, same rules, try and remember what they are, please.

Bugger, not even Serbian telly then. Sorry. :-X

/it's like smoking, unless it's banned from all message boards, I'll keep habitually lighting up.

//not a good analogy I'll grant you.

///or a good excuse, to be fair.

No probs, don't worry about it. ;)

Guest Slagter_Palle

Can somebody tell me more about this Michael Gravgaard guy?

And why if he is danish international Copenhagen would let him go on loan?

What do u wanna know?

CB

He is 28 years old. 1,86 meters tall weight= 90kilo

Physical strong, ok on the ball, very strong in the air. in starting XI for denmark. And have NEVER lost a an international match with Denmark since partingering Daniel Agger in central defence.

FC Copenhagen is a very rich club, stock exchange value over £100 Mio. ,

and because of their wealth it's speculated that they want a lot of cash to let him go on loan!

Guest Darth Toon

Can somebody tell me more about this Michael Gravgaard guy?

And why if he is danish international Copenhagen would let him go on loan?

28 year old Danish international centre half according to Wikipedia - particulalry like this quote from his profile on UEFA.com:

"København fans have nicknamed Gravgaard 'Copenhagen Air Force' because of his aerial strength."

Guest Gemmill

Sounds impressive especially the fact that he has strong physics and he is good in the air

but i doubt Kopenhagen will let him go on loan

We will see

That's probably connected.  Knows how to angle his flaps.

Just the usual press speculation from foreign papers knowing we need a defender and picking a half decent one for us to be linked with.

Will do the rounds and come back here in a few days time reported by SSN and Teamsqwark and eventually denied by Anal, possibly even Roeder if we are lucky.

Guest CoachDK

That's probably connected.  Knows how to angle his flaps.

His angles, and his timing when jumping for a ball is absolutely magnificent. He's very special there. But his general play is somewhat mediocre from my point of view. Has strong physics, and knows how to outmuscle his opponents.

But as many of you point out - Copenhagen are extremely wellfunded, and therefore not in need of any money. A loan deal seems quite unrealistic since they will have no time to find a capable new defender, without any or only little compensation.

Guest tobiazvanderziaz

Gravgaard would be a subert addition the the defence. I would prefer we just buy him for around 3mil (the transfer Marseille appearently were asked earlier this month). Cant see FCK wanna loan out their best defender....

Guest NSMagpie

Anyone reckon we could see that Booya or whatever his name was back at the club if we havent signed anyone by the 31st?

I don't think Pierre Boya would be a good investment for Newcastle, considering his starts and scoring sheet at Partizan Belgrade.

He couldn't score in Serbia-Montenegro league for over a year and a half at one point in time. And that says it all. Since then, a couple of goals, but nothing specatcular. It's unreasonable to expect from such a player to shine in Premierleague.

His finest moments were long, long time ago against Lazio in Europe when he scored twice in Rome, but since then, not worth a mention. He's got pace and dribbling, but lacks scoring touch.

Bottleddog, You'ewelcome. :)

Goran Gavrancic is a solid defender and can play in several defensive positions. Not much pace, but tall, strong, and good control of the ball, good at heading the ball at both ends. Played for Dynamo Kiev as central defender mostly, but can be used as right back as well. And can contribute in defensive-midfield role if needed.

imo gravgaard is one of the only players in the danish superleague (if not the only one) who is good enough to cut it in the epl.

his arial ability is simply superb - but as i've said before he is a bit slow. His positioning is also very very good - and his presence would be extremely important in dead ball situations, both defensively and most certainly attacking wise as well.

considering what we are able to attract - and a price of around 3m - i cannot think of anyone better out there!

imo gravgaard is one of the only players in the danish superleague (if not the only one) who is good enough to cut it in the epl.

his arial ability is simply superb - but as i've said before he is a bit slow. His positioning is also very very good - and his presence would be extremely important in dead ball situations, both defensively and most certainly attacking wise as well.

considering what we are able to attract - and a price of around 3m - i cannot think of anyone better out there!

he can certainly chip in with a few goals if his intl record is anything to go by. 4 goals in 11 games for a defender aint too bad

2 days is up Glenn, where is this defender?!

Hmm, saw Copenhaagen play Ajax in champions league earlier this year. So I assume he was playing. Their back line was collectively utterly dominant in the air. Will need to see a picture to work out who we're talking about.

Anyone reckon we could see that Booya or whatever his name was back at the club if we havent signed anyone by the 31st?

I don't think Pierre Boya would be a good investment for Newcastle, considering his starts and scoring sheet at Partizan Belgrade.

He couldn't score in Serbia-Montenegro league for over a year and a half at one point in time. And that says it all. Since then, a couple of goals, but nothing specatcular. It's unreasonable to expect from such a player to shine in Premierleague.

His finest moments were long, long time ago against Lazio in Europe when he scored twice in Rome, but since then, not worth a mention. He's got pace and dribbling, but lacks scoring touch.

Bottleddog, You'ewelcome. :)

Goran Gavrancic is a solid defender and can play in several defensive positions. Not much pace, but tall, strong, and good control of the ball, good at heading the ball at both ends. Played for Dynamo Kiev as central defender mostly, but can be used as right back as well. And can contribute in defensive-midfield role if needed.

Agreed 101 %...

Guest Micktoon

Agree, seen a lot of him( kind of have FC Copenhagen as my Danish hobby) well worth it at that price.