Duff hopes to face Villa

Skirge

Great news, now lets hope he finds some form and stays fit..

Damien Duff has exclusively told skysports.com he hopes to be involved in Newcastle United's game with Aston Villa next week.

The Republic of Ireland international has played just 20 minutes of first-team football in the past two months after undergoing a knee operation in late November.

Earlier this month, Magpies boss Glenn Roeder revealed his hope that the winger would be available for the game against Villa on 31st January.

Duff is now back in full training and confirmed his desire to feature in the Premiership fixture at St James' Park.

He also acknowledged his frustration that injury has restricted him to just 13 league appearances since his £5million switch from Chelsea last summer.

"I'm back in training now, so touch wood, it will stay that way and I'll stay injury free for the rest of the season," Duff told skysports.com.

"I've had a few setbacks over the past couple of months and it's been a nightmare time, but I'm back now and hopefully it will stay that way.

"It's been frustrating, disappointing, everything really.

"It's been a hard time, but I'm just glad to be back training and it would be great to be involved next Wednesday.

"I will be an extra pair of legs for the gaffer to choose from."

No matter how unproductive duff has been for us this season, we have missed him since N'zogbia got injured. Our left wing has become stagnated leaving our team unbalanced, it'll be refreshing to be able to use the left wing again instead of just trying to play through milner all the time.