Lynch mob preparing the noose for Freddie Shepherd?

Guest Brazilianbob

Guest Brazilianbob

Contrary to what some of you think, Roeder is not to blame for the lack of signings.  It is the remit of the club chairman to negotiate for and to sign players, not the manager, and with FS having failed yet again, to bring in any reinforcements in the transfer window, if our defense happens to fall apart again after the transfer window slams shut, I predict a lynch mob will be itching to get their hands on our fat chairman outside SJP.

Is this incitement? No just an opinion!

Roeder could have easily bought two half decent defenders in the summer rather than Duff and we mightn't have been desperate to sign someone this month. He's rejected a 2m quid profit on the same man from Spurs this month, with which he could have signed a couple of players, he still won't. He must have known when he came in it was on a shoestring. And I'm pretty sure had Shepherd not backed Souness there would have been questions asked then. How many people moaned at the times of signing Emre, Parker, Babayaro, Boumsong, Luque, Solano & Owen? At the time of all of them the fans were pretty much happy with the lot.

Roeder could have easily bought two half decent defenders in the summer rather than Duff and we mightn't have been desperate to sign someone this month. He's rejected a 2m quid profit on the same man from Spurs this month, with which he could have signed a couple of players, he still won't. He must have known when he came in it was on a shoestring. And I'm pretty sure had Shepherd not backed Souness there would have been questions asked then. How many people moaned at the times of signing Emre, Parker, Babayaro, Boumsong, Luque, Solano & Owen? At the time of all of them the fans were pretty much happy with the lot.

I'm sure the money is there if a Willie McKay or Paul Stretford player becomes available

Guest Brazilianbob

I'm sure the money is there if a Willie McKay or Paul Stretford player becomes available

You are both missing the point, Roeder asks for players and the chairman does the business.  This isn't the sixties and seventies when transfers were conducted by the manager.  It is mega money now and managers are not trusted with such money. ....Not that FS can be trusted either.

As for selling Duff, that would be monumentally stupid considering we are down to the bare bones as it is.  Besides, Duff is our second choice left back! ! (or should that be first choice?)

Guest Sniffer

If the players Roeder wants are not available or priced unrealistically, then it's time FS said no. Although I'd like to see good players come now, If we can't get the right ones then I'm just as happy waiting until the summer.

I moaned - and I wasn't particularly happy about any of them. The collctive money could have been spent a lot more wisely. Especially the Owen money - it was a ridiculously stupid amount of money to spend on a single player. A player that no one else seriously wanted either.

Roeder could have easily bought two half decent defenders in the summer rather than Duff and we mightn't have been desperate to sign someone this month. He's rejected a 2m quid profit on the same man from Spurs this month, with which he could have signed a couple of players, he still won't.

;D

Your post is a joke.

We've obviously shown we have so much depth on the left wing this year. Zog is our only natural good enough left winger, and he's been off form. O'Brien and Pattison both don't look much to rave about, Emre drifts too far inside and Milner is a right winger.

As for your claim that Spurs bid £7m, it is false. There was paper talk of a bid and then Roeder said he wouldn't sell and there had NOT been a bid from Spurs and Spurs have not confirmed any interest.

What a load of bollocks you talk CG.

i disagree.

i think he is spot on actually, paying £5m more than teh nearest bider for owen is starting to look pretty fucking stupid now that it appears we cant afford ANYONE!  

i was all for owen as it happens, but i didnt realise it would be to the detriment of further building,building that we so desperately need

I wouldn't say I didn't want Owen, but at £17m we could have put it to much better use.

This.

Delighted we got such a player, but the fee being so much more than the others' bids was purely to create 'record signing' headlines IMO.

Guest Sniffer

Again, aload of bollocks. If it takes an extra 5 mill to get a world class player to come to Newcastle I'm all for it. The problem is not that he broke the bank, it 's the cumulative sh!te that managers have bought over the years that have given absolutely no return to the club. And again, if Bent is valued at 12-15mill and Defoe is at 12 mill...Ashley fucking young for Christ's sake at 10 mill.... then Owen is a bargain at 17 mill.

Again, aload of bollocks. If it takes an extra 5 mill to get a world class player to come to Newcastle I'm all for it. The problem is not that he broke the bank, it 's the cumulative sh!te that managers have bought over the years that have given absolutely no return to the club. And again, if Bent is valued at 12-15mill and Defoe is at 12 mill...Ashley fucking young for Christ's sake at 10 mill.... then Owen is a bargain at 17 mill.

Why would Owen himself care what Madrid accept as a transfer fee?

Oh, and Young went for £8m. ;)

Would have been more than happy with us spending £17m, if he had played more than half our games. The problem is he has hardly palyed for a year and a half.

And, the people behind the deal would know this how?

I'm just saying, those people who say they are unhappy would they be unhappy if he had played half the games and been in top form.

Would have been more than happy with us spending £17m, if he had played more than half our games. The problem is he has hardly palyed for a year and a half.

I'm just saying, those people who say they are unhappy would they be unhappy if he had played half the games and been in top form.

So which camp are you in?

I'm glad we signed Owen, just monumental bad luck has seen him not play regularly. But I don't begrudge his signing in the first place for that reason. However much I'd like to.

Guest NSMagpie

and with FS having failed yet again, to bring in any reinforcements in the transfer window, if our defense happens to fall apart again after the transfer window slams shut, I predict a lynch mob will be itching to get their hands on our fat chairman outside SJP.

They'll have to prepare a mighty strong noose, considering his weight.

So which camp are you in?

I'm glad we signed Owen, just monumental bad luck has seen him not play regularly. But I don't begrudge his signing in the first place for that reason. However much I'd like to.

I think he was a good signing, just we have been unlucky. I think the price was acceptable and nobody would be moaning if he hadn't been injured.

I've said it before from 4th down the rest of the league is a much of a muchness and with Owen fit we are easilt a top 6 team.

Guest NSMagpie

Freddie need have no worries.

HTL and Leazes Parrot will save him from the mob.

Perhaps, but my prediction is NE5 for the Freddy saviour.