Hitzfeld takes over at Bayern - HTT on suicide watch

Nobby

Bayern sack Magath

Bayern Munich have sacked coach Felix Magath, according to German media reports.

The Bavarian giants slipped to fourth in the Bundesliga last night after a 0-0 draw at home to lowly VfL Bochum, just four days after a 3-2 defeat at the hands of Borussia Dortmund, and German daily Bild reported on its website that Magath has been shown the door by club bosses.

Magath's predecessor, Ottmar Hitzfeld, is favourite to take the reins at the Allianz Arena until the end of the season.

Magath led Bayern to successive league and cup doubles in the past two seasons after moving from Stuttgart, though they currently trail 6 points behind leaders Werder Bremen and Schalke, who both have a game in hand.

MAGATH  FOR  TOON !!! ;D ;D ;D

We missed our chance

How do you know he would have even come?_?

I dont but if Freddy F***ING Shepherd made some effort on him and tryed to bring him here then we would have had one of the best managers in the world like Arsenal,Liverpool,Chelsea and Man Utd

and now we have Glenda :uglystupid2:

After all our aim is to be a top 4 club...

Right now we are top 10 club IMO

Guest Knightrider

We missed our chance

There was absoloutely NO FUCKING CHANCE he would've came here. He's turned down nearly every job going until now. It was clear he would only ever get back into football with Bayern. Apparently their golf courses are toppa.

I think this is just the right job to ease himself back into the game having been out of the picture for a long time, an ideal opportunity if you like. But I can't see him staying at Bayern beyond this term, even if he wanted to, although if he does amazingly well who knows. I still think he'll end up as a Premiership manager one day, as he does harbour those ambitions. I know Chelsea were after him before they got Mourinho. Won't be with us though (obviously), I mean, who wants a foreigner running things ©Alan Oliver.

We missed our chance

There was absoloutely NO FUCKING CHANCE he would've came here. He's turned down nearly every job going until now. It was clear he would only ever get back into football with Bayern. Apparently their golf courses are toppa.

Except the job as german national coach i cant remember other serious offers that he rejected

And i dont think that we actually tryed to bring him here so you cant be 100% sure about this

Guest Knightrider

We missed our chance

Except the job as german national coach i cant remember other serious offers that he rejected

And i dont think that we actually tryed to bring him here so you cant be 100% sure about this

I think, over the years anway, he has knocked back some big big jobs, Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, the Germany job.

We missed our chance

He turned down the German national job because he wanted to be away from Football. Taking over a national side is considerably less work than a club side.

I personally think his return will lift Bayern, he'll have a few seasons of success back there and then either go for the German job or retire.

We missed our chance

I think, over the years anway, he has knocked back some big big jobs, Madrid, Inter, Chelsea, the Germany job.

Maybe you are right although i think that this was just speculations

i think that the only serious and official offer was for the german national team

We missed our chance

i think that the only serious and official offer was for the german national team

I'm pretty sure he was offered the Dortmund job and turned it down at the last minute.

We missed our chance

I'm pretty sure he was offered the Dortmund job and turned it down at the last minute.

OK so i was wrong about him saying he had offer only for the national team :)

We missed our chance

He had as many serious offers as Luque had chances to prove his worth tbh. And that's plenty btw.

Guest Knightrider

We missed our chance

He turned down the German national job because he wanted to be away from Football. Taking over a national side is considerably less work than a club side.

I personally think his return will lift Bayern, he'll have a few seasons of success back there and then either go for the German job or retire.

It will either be a success, a disaster or my guess - a Roeder type caretaker job, restore a bit pride and finish the season well. I do remember a few Bayern fans having high hopes with Felix and saying he had the potential to be a better manager than Hitzfeld but they will do very well to replace Hitzfeld with better as he brought so much success and changed the whole club like Wenger has done at Arsenal. It will be even harder for him to replicate that again, mind which is why I don't think he'll stay. I think he'll see it as a means of easing himself back into the game and a shop window to let the world know he's back, i.e. the top clubs as I imagine there will be a few vacancies in the summer, Chelsea, Real, Inter, AC, maybe even Liverpool and Man Utd if Fergie won the Premiership and CL double (I think he'd retire at the top if he acheived that which isn't impossible).

We missed our chance

It will either be a success, a disaster or my guess - a Roeder type caretaker job, restore a bit pride and finish the season well. I do remember a few Bayern fans having high hopes with Felix and saying he had the potential to be a better manager than Hitzfeld but they will do very well to replace Hitzfeld with better as he brought so much success and changed the whole club like Wenger has done at Arsenal. It will be even harder for him to replicate that again, mind which is why I don't think he'll stay. I think he'll see it as a means of easing himself back into the game and a shop window to let the world know he's back, i.e. the top clubs as I imagine there will be a few vacancies in the summer, Chelsea, Real, Inter, AC, maybe even Liverpool and Man Utd if Fergie won the Premiership and CL double (I think he'd retire at the top if he acheived that which isn't impossible).

Please don't tell me you've just compared Hitzfeld to Roeder.