This season

Guest Alan Shearer 9
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Ok, no respect is hard, but who is he? (the question must be asked by footballers who are being courted by us and other clubs)

Who is this man with no qualifications, no successful experience as a manager who's with a team thats struggling and has been for 2-3 years. Who was he as a player, I'd heard of the Souness bloke, amazing player, maybe something will rub off, but now he's gone, and the academy man is in charge.

Is he going to help my career blossom, or stall it? My agent reckons Wenger is interested, and there's talk of Tottenham, ok, shite as this club but i get to live in London.

What can this man offer me?

/\/\ What i think footballers must think of him, especially abroad.

Wages? And the prospect of being potential messaih for this club which has been underachieving for years. I won't think it would be hard getting famous players to tour club unless the players are extraordinary, for as long as the supporters fill in the stadium week in week out we would be able to pay higher wages than other clubs; for as long as we are underachieving we would be able to attract players who want to make a name for themselves.

Guest andynufc84

Well its a year to the day Glenn took the job and to be honest I feel he has done okay and deserves our backing.

I saw something on the news about his stats, he has the best first year in the hot-seat at St Jamess since Keegan - better than Bobby.

Roeder took this job on when the club was in an utter mess, we have qualified for europe and we could do it again this season, I think that

this is remarkable.

We do still have cracks in the team and underlying problems with our squad, but I feel that Glenn is the right man at the moment and we should get behind him, i've seen some awful matches in the last year but we have improved a lot since the dark days of Souness.

As for attracting future players I beleive glenn can do it, he attracted Martins and Duff here and if we qualify for europe again (or at least the intertoto) we can attract 3-4 quality players in the summer and get this club rocking again.

We obviously shouldn't kid ourselves, there is a lot of work to be done but we have to believe that it can be done, seeing where we are this time next year will be interesting.

Guest smoggeordie

The start was unforgivable.

The games of Charlton, Bolton, Fulham & Sheff Utd at home were disgraceful and tbh GR has just about evened that out by fluking some results this month.

Injuries have been a joke, and he'll be given leeway because of that, and to finish top half is probably good enough for me now. Start of the season i wanted top 6, but if we dont i wont be jumping on him and calling this season a failure come May, its been a failure since the start so i'm ok with it now.

FS reckons because we haven't spent this window we have more money in the summer, and hopefully we have our summer budget and that extra £20m on top of that.

We couild see a total summer re-build, and i would trust GR to get the right players in, i just feel he'll lose a lot as he doesn't command any respect in the game.

See bold.

I'm not sure he's the right man, but why you say that?

Ok, no respect is hard, but who is he? (the question must be asked by footballers who are being courted by us and other clubs)

Who is this man with no qualifications, no successful experience as a manager who's with a team thats struggling and has been for 2-3 years. Who was he as a player, I'd heard of the Souness bloke, amazing player, maybe something will rub off, but now he's gone, and the academy man is in charge.

Is he going to help my career blossom, or stall it? My agent reckons Wenger is interested, and there's talk of Tottenham, ok, shite as this club but i get to live in London.

Who is this man that developed many top class youngsters and nurtured them through the West Ham team. The likes of Lampard, J Cole, Defoe etc... all consider him to be THE major factor of their success. The man took a dogshit NUFC team from 15th to 7th in 3 months, currently has them in the top half and later rounds of the Uefa Cup despite having about a zillion injuries to KEY players.

Aye, Roeder can offer nowt.

Well it depends.  Bottom half i wouldnt be too pleased.  Could cope with 11th.  Top half i wouldnt be complaining but i'd have an underlying dissipointment.  I reckon we'll finish 8th.  Which would hopefuly be europe.

Below  Manu, chelsea, liverpool, arsenal, bolton, pompy, spurs (probably in that order)

We could well come ahead of any of or all of the bottom 3 of those.  Bolton were in prime position for 4th last year in March and we came ahead of them.  Pompy are starting to shake, and spurs i dont really know what to expect from.  Should take over everton and reading.  We do have some hard home games though.

I think Roeder has many +ves, but i question his motivational skills.  We seem to be too fragile sometimes, collapsing after conceding a goal. 

oh, and where's this £20mil transfer budget come from? :crazy2:

There's already another league spot for european qualifications due to Arsenal and Chelsea both making the CC final... hopefully the FA cup will be the same... so that 7th spot will secure UEFA qualification and 8th will see us in Intertoto again. Either will do me.

We should be getting top 6 - I think if asked at the beginning of the season most people would have been disappointed with any lower.  If we finish in the top half it'll only mean the second half of the season was a success, you can't write off the terrible start we had.

I would be happy with ~8-10th as long as we buy a LB and a CB.

This season has been ravaged by injuries. I can not wait to get Owen and Martins in the same team. Next year, it seems, we will pose more of a threat. Obviously this depends on some good defensive signings and hanging onto Given, Martins, Milner etc  :laugh:

Forget OO, we have bought no one, not one single repectable player this term.

That to me shows where we are and what the management think...

Most of the players dont perform, more reputation than skill and i think for the forseeable future there will not be any "glory days"

GR is awfull, no other word for it, bring back BR or KK .................................................. 

Also, introduce wage caps to the Eufa leagues and video ref-ing.

Get shot of parker. Satistics dont lie.

What's the weather like in Fantasy Land?  :cheesy: 

Shall we also have cheerleaders, sirens sounding when goals are scored and stop the game for advertisements?  :rolleyes:

Wages? And the prospect of being potential messaih for this club which has been underachieving for years. I won't think it would be hard getting famous players to tour club unless the players are extraordinary, for as long as the supporters fill in the stadium week in week out we would be able to pay higher wages than other clubs; for as long as we are underachieving we would be able to attract players who want to make a name for themselves.

Good for some, not enough for others. So we end up with players costing fortunes and not worth it. I thought we were trying to steer away from that era?

The start was unforgivable.

The games of Charlton, Bolton, Fulham & Sheff Utd at home were disgraceful and tbh GR has just about evened that out by fluking some results this month.

Injuries have been a joke, and he'll be given leeway because of that, and to finish top half is probably good enough for me now. Start of the season i wanted top 6, but if we dont i wont be jumping on him and calling this season a failure come May, its been a failure since the start so i'm ok with it now.

FS reckons because we haven't spent this window we have more money in the summer, and hopefully we have our summer budget and that extra £20m on top of that.

We couild see a total summer re-build, and i would trust GR to get the right players in, i just feel he'll lose a lot as he doesn't command any respect in the game.

See bold.

I'm not sure he's the right man, but why you say that?

Who is this man that developed many top class youngsters and nurtured them through the West Ham team. The likes of Lampard, J Cole, Defoe etc... all consider him to be THE major factor of their success. The man took a dogshit NUFC team from 15th to 7th in 3 months, currently has them in the top half and later rounds of the Uefa Cup despite having about a zillion injuries to KEY players.

Aye, Roeder can offer nowt.

Nothing to do with Harry eh?