Palermo "fans" kill policeman

Guest smoggeordie

Match fixing, corruption, violence and now death, but the Italian NT were allowed to go on and win the WC, so no doubt they'll be allowed to go on and continue like nothings happened after a couple of games behind closed doors. (not that anyone would notice with their shit attendances)

The English always get labbeled as the football hooligans.  While it seems to be present to an extent with the national team, the italians are far wose.

I've been to 2 games in italy compared to god knows how many here, yet ive seen far worse there than here.  I went to scotland v italy at the san siero, and italian fans were fighting amongst themselves below us, throwing flares at each other and at the riot police.  Apparently AC V Inter fans (V police)

Well Ive noticed a remarkable thing. You english lads only make riots in other countries. In you own country you can walk along with the opponent ( most of the time), In Holland the hooligans demolish there own cities. And when abroad were the most friendly country in the world.

Like Feyenoord fans in France recently and consequently getting thrown out the UEFA Cup?

The English always get labbeled as the football hooligans.  While it seems to be present to an extent with the national team, the italians are far wose.

I've been to 2 games in italy compared to god knows how many here, yet ive seen far worse there than here.  I went to scotland v italy at the san siero, and italian fans were fighting amongst themselves below us, throwing flares at each other and at the riot police.  Apparently AC V Inter fans (V police)

Well Ive noticed a remarkable thing. You english lads only make riots in other countries. In you own country you can walk along with the opponent ( most of the time), In Holland the hooligans demolish there own cities. And when abroad were the most friendly country in the world.

Like Feyenoord fans in France recently and consequently getting thrown out the UEFA Cup?

The French don't count. Who wants to be friendly with them?

These hooligans are nowt compared to the Argentines. They're fkin lunatics over there and there is always violence, even deaths......it's just like going back to the 80's and the Argies still have the 80's hair styles, poofs

Loads of clips on youtube

Ah, but that's all coming back in, now. They could be considered trend-setters.

These hooligans are nowt compared to the Argentines. They're fkin lunatics over there and there is always violence, even deaths......it's just like going back to the 80's and the Argies still have the 80's hair styles, poofs

Stand still long enough the world will catch up with you.

Stand still long enough the world will catch up with you.

I'm already planning to make a fortune on a job lot of t-shirts with emoticons on them.

the head of the Italian FA has called for a 1 year ban on Italian football to sort this out. I think this means we have first dibs on Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Kaka and co

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=433657&in_page_id=1779

As long as we don't get Ibrahimovic.

Everybody was talking about this at the pub today, it's just sick.

Guest TheDutchman

Sorry I meant that when the national team plays nothing happens.

Guest TheDutchman

Talk about games being played behind closed doors for the rest of the season.

I think that would be appropriate punishment, but still is not a solution to the problem.

The english football law might be a solution

Guest Bellers

Italian domestic football has highlighted everything that is wrong with the game in the past year, from match fixing to hooliganism. Although the two clubs should be punished accordingly, I think a bit of common sense is required.

I don't see why every set of fans in Italy should suffer for the stupidity shown by the Catania and Palermo fans last Friday. Surely the best idea would be to make an example of these two clubs via playing behind closed doors, point deductions, etc and show these people thei clubs are not profiting from mindless violence.

Then you have the "fans" who simply turn up for the battle. You'd think better policing could sort this issue, but that is down to the Italian government aswell as the FA. It's about time they got their finger out...

Guest Retro Barker

Italian domestic football has highlighted everything that is wrong with the game in the past year, from match fixing to hooliganism. Although the two clubs should be punished accordingly, I think a bit of common sense is required.

I don't see why every set of fans in Italy should suffer for the stupidity shown by the Catania and Palermo fans last Friday. Surely the best idea would be to make an example of these two clubs via playing behind closed doors, point deductions, etc and show these people thei clubs are not profiting from mindless violence.

Then you have the "fans" who simply turn up for the battle. You'd think better policing could sort this issue, but that is down to the Italian government aswell as the FA. It's about time they got their finger out...

Last season 14boro fans were stabbed in Rome, allbeit not even half the lads stabbed, reported the event. Having travelled to the game and yes, i was there where the stabbings were, and then the disgrace at the Olympic stadium the following night, the events do not come as a surprise to me. It happened to Liverpool and Leeds fans before that.

The Italian clubs and the IFA all have always tolerated the hooligan element, and yet UEFA have never seemed to heavily punish the clubs.

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=446798&CPID=21&clid=&lid=2&title=Italian+football+to+resume&channel=football_home&

The Italian football federation (IFF) have confirmed football in Italy will resume this weekend.

All of last weekend's matches were postponed after a policeman was killed following an ill-tempered derby clash between Catania and Palermo on Friday.

Football in the country was suspended following the tragedy, but after new stadium guidelines were approved on Wednesday, the league will also now resume.

IFF commissioner Luca Pancalli has praised the government's efforts and believes it was the right thing to resume football in the country this weekend.

"There is great satisfaction in the measures taken," stated Pancalli.

"I'd like thank to the government for their efforts and speed. I think it would have been a mistake not restarting."

There are three things that puzzle me about this whole 'investigation':-

1: Why close all stadiums - the incident happened outside the ground

2: Why are Palermo still being allowed to play matches, surely they are one of the teams under investigation

3: Where the fuck are UEFA on this - sucking Platini's cock telling them that the EPL needs chopping down to 18 teams?