Paul Robinson

Ben Foster against us was absolutely outstanding, as he has been every time I have seen him this season. Robinson has looked highly suspect on far too regular a basis for a long while now, and should be dropped.

He's a solid enough keeper, he just has James-esque moments of utter, utter cluelessness.

Guest kingdawson

Quite sad that you have a go at robinson when he played well. Kept us in the game. Our defence was autrocious and were at fault for all the goals.

how come you never go to the games?

Actually ive only missed 4 home games this season. Im not a season ticket holder and im a student so i dont exactly have the funds to go week in week out. Quite happy i missed it today though.

Guest Geordiesned

As much as I hate Spurs, I hate the Mancs more...

On a different note, could the ref have been any more inconsistant if he'd tried?

Thank God he can't ref our macthes. He was terrible. 3 wrong calls on penalty decisions and how the hell did Scholes avoid a booked?

Guest Geordiesned

Quite sad that you have a go at robinson when he played well. Kept us in the game. Our defence was autrocious and were at fault for all the goals.

Actually ive only missed 4 home games this season. Im not a season ticket holder and im a student so i dont exactly have the funds to go week in week out. Quite happy i missed it today though.

Yeah, it's just not fair when the nasty big boys come and beat you is it.  ;D

Guest kingdawson

On a different note, could the ref have been any more inconsistant if he'd tried?

Thank God he can't ref our macthes. He was terrible. 3 wrong calls on penalty decisions and how the hell did Scholes avoid a booked?

Was a joke of a ref. Scholes commited 5 yellow card offences and picked up ZERO cards.

Yeah, it's just not fair when the nasty big boys come and beat you is it.  ;D

;D

Guest Kenton Magpie

Not at the game big man!?

It's unsafe for a 12 year old on his own.

I was of the impression that all spurs fans have the mentality of a 12 year old, surely it should have been safe

If only Harper had an ounce of ambition.

Agreed although living away isn't for everybody.

Some people prefer to live where they were born and as somebody who has moved away more than once I can understand that.

Must have gone back with the new forum although tonight is the first time I have noticed it so it is strange no one must have said that word since the forum has come back, unless it has actually changed ;)

Paul Robinson has suffered from hyperbole all his career in my opinion, not dissimilarly to Frank Lampard. When he became the new England number one (after James, who was shit for England) he was touted as one of the better international keepers, world at his feet and only going to get better. This was a massive exaggeration, but as usual the English media/fans reacted too much. He was a decent keeper in good form.

Now he's playing worse the scapegoats are out in force. Because he was built up too much, given a higher billing than his talent deserved suddenly, when his for dipped, he was 'shit'. Again, this is not true, imo. He's a decent keeper in poor form. (I also believe this argument holds with regard to Frank Lampard before and after this WC just gone).

I think Robinson is a decent keeper, no more, no less. He'll never be a world beater, but he'll always be mid-table premiership standard. That's my take on him anyway.

Paul Robinson has suffered from hyperbole all his career in my opinion, not dissimilarly to Frank Lampard. When he became the new England number one (after James, who was shit for England) he was touted as one of the better international keepers, world at his feet and only going to get better. This was a massive exaggeration, but as usual the English media/fans reacted too much. He was a decent keeper in good form.

Now he's playing worse the scapegoats are out in force. Because he was built up too much, given a higher billing than his talent deserved suddenly, when his for dipped, he was 'shit'. Again, this is not true, imo. He's a decent keeper in poor form. (I also believe this argument holds with regard to Frank Lampard before and after this WC just gone).

I think Robinson is a decent keeper, no more, no less. He'll never be a world beater, but he'll always be mid-table premiership standard. That's my take on him anyway.

Agree with all of this. Spot on.

I think he is worse than mid table keeper.

Mid table keepers like Sorensen, Schwazer, while being reasonably reflexsive, still instills confidence on defenders in front of him. Paul Robinson does not. Sorensen have young Villa defenders in front of him. Last season Schwazer had both immobile aging defenders and inexperienced young defenders in front of him. Yet both of them did very admirably in such circumstances.

Paul Robsinson had King and Dawson in front of him, yet he couldn't stand out. Now King is absent, he is trully a liability apart from odd occasions.

Was a joke of a ref. Scholes commited 5 yellow card offences and picked up ZERO cards.

Is why Paul Scholes doesnt have the worst disciplinery record in Prem, fairly certain if u looked at everygame he played there'd be a clear yellow offence. Fucking good player tho

Guest eyeball_tickler

you lost 4-0  :lol:

robinson looks huge these days. a good quality video of parkers goal past him at st james' shows how big he looks.