Football pet hates

Guest JonnyRogers

I'm not too emotional about club football, tbh. Obviously, the results hit me like they hit everyone else, but at the end of things, these people on the pitch just happen to be ones that are slightly more qualified to perform the job I spent the first 16 years of my life applying for. If I had made the grade in football, I would have wanted to make as much money as possibe and win as many things as possible. They shouldn't need a connection to the club, they are employees.

Only slightly more qualified Baba?

:lol: I was a top player in the Ibadan school yards, tbf, just because I was taller and larger than most anyone else. I just struggled with passing, controlling the ball, dribbling, and other things of that nature. And if I had made it, supporters would definitely regarded me as a mercenary.

:lol: I was a top player in the Ibadan school yards, tbf, just because I was taller and larger than most anyone else. I just struggled with passing, controlling the ball, dribbling, and other things of that nature. And if I had made it, supporters would definitely regarded me as a mercenary.

A lot like wor Shola then?

:lol: I love you Baba, I wish you played for us.

http://images.icnetwork.co.uk/upl/nejournal/apr2010/4/0/shola-ameobi-251415155.jpg

Guest bimpy474

Just got in from refereeing some kids games, the cunts were diving around like a bunch of fannies.

Honestly football is going rotten because FIFA let players getaway with it for so long.

Just got in from refereeing some kids games, the cunts were diving around like a bunch of fannies.

Honestly football is going rotten because FIFA let players getaway with it for so long.

Should have made an example of them.

Just got in from refereeing some kids games, the c***s were diving around like a bunch of fannies.

I always blamed poor refereeing tbh ;)

I presume you doled out some cards? Good man.

Guest bimpy474

You are under instruction not to dish out cards at their ages, u9's and u10's. You ref as a dad not as a proper referee at those ages.

I do though give a right ticking off, in one case earlier in the season, i called the player over to his manager after several dives and mouth offs. I told the manager that the next time he dived or gobbed that i would book and send him off.

I also wont allow spitting either, i warn them before the game and tell them right if i catch them during it,  i can getaway with that at the moment. I just hate it and i still play now, i've never spat on a pitch ever.

You are under instruction not to dish out cards at their ages, u9's and u10's. You ref as a dad not as a proper referee at those ages.

I do though give a right ticking off, in one case earlier in the season, i called the player over to his manager after several dives and mouth offs. I told the manager that the next time he dived or gobbed that i would book and send him off.

I also wont allow spitting either, i warn them before the game and tell them right if i catch them during it,  i can getaway with that at the moment. I just hate it and i still play now, i've never spat on a pitch ever.

Good job.

I'm guessing there are some pretty tough kids/dads down in Saafend. Used to play the odd game out East - although the areas closer to London are much tougher.

Guest bimpy474

Good job.

I'm guessing there are some pretty tough kids/dads down in Saafend. Used to play the odd game out East - although the areas closer to London are much tougher.

Funnily enough its not too bad, as soon as you go toward Basildon though. The kids are fine but the parents are just mental.

Good job.

Funnily enough its not too bad, as soon as you go toward Basildon though. The kids are fine but the parents are just mental.

:lol: It's the same in Grays. Used to do a bit of coaching there a few years ago.

Guest bimpy474

Good job.

:lol: It's the same in Grays. Used to do a bit of coaching there a few years ago.

Fuck yeah, absolute munters paradise that place.

Good job.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Off topic here, but I have very fond memories of Southend as a little kid. We used to get a red doubledecker bus down to go swimming in the sea pool. Red Bus Rover awaydays or something. Took the edge off when I found out that was where Ian Dury got polio, but there you go.

Guest bimpy474

Good job.

Off topic here, but I have very fond memories of Southend as a little kid. We used to get a red doubledecker bus down to go swimming in the sea pool. Red Bus Rover awaydays or something. Took the edge off when I found out that was where Ian Dury got polio, but there you go.

Reckon it's my natural cynicism but when you live in a certain place you tend to get bored with it, the Seafront is all it really has. Its ok. Ok just about sums the place up tbh.

Ian Dury, legendary story at school about him and the polio. But it was a different swimming pool every time :lol:

Good job.

Reckon it's my natural cynicism but when you live in a certain place you tend to get bored with it, the Seafront is all it really has. Its ok. Ok just about sums the place up tbh.

Ian Dury, legendary story at school about him and the polio. But it was a different swimming pool every time :lol:

Oh don't get me wrong, wouldn't want to live there :lol:

Naah, I know what you mean. I've lived all over the place, stops you getting bored. I love where we live right now, but ironically my wife wants to move to the UK. I might just take her to Grays, or to see my family in Sheerness, to cure her.

Guest bimpy474

Good job.

Naah, I know what you mean. I've lived all over the place, stops you getting bored. I love where we live right now, but ironically my wife wants to move to the UK. I might just take her to Grays, or to see my family in Sheerness, to cure her.

Sheerness, my Aunt lived there, makes Southend look like Dubai :lol:

Good job.

I'd like to put together a sort of anti-tourist tour of GB. Sheerness would be there, plus Silvertown, Redcar, Sellafield. All places I went to as a kid btw, thanks to a Dad who was into industrial archaeology *sigh*.

Guest bimpy474

Good job.

I'd like to put together a sort of anti-tourist tour of GB. Sheerness would be there, plus Silvertown, Redcar, Sellafield. All places I went to as a kid btw, thanks to a Dad who was into industrial archaeology *sigh*.

I've worked all over the GB, i have a few corkers. I think one of the grimmest was Blackburn, it was like death.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Good job.

I've worked all over the GB, i have a few corkers. I think one of the grimmest was Blackburn, it was like death.

I'm living there atm and can confirm it's the dullest, most miserable place I've been to.

Guest bimpy474

Good job.

I'm living there atm and can confirm it's the dullest, most miserable place I've been to.

:lol: It really is.