Armbands/Flags at half mast?

Karjala

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

i think it was both, i've met trevor bennet a few times, him and my dad were friends, he got us tickets in the director's box quite a few times- Shearer even ended up sitting next to me once when he was suspensed because of it!

R.I.P

Guest HGB1892

i think it was both, i've met trevor bennet a few times, him and my dad were friends, he got us tickets in the director's box quite a few times- Shearer even ended up sitting next to me once when he was suspensed because of it!

R.I.P

Alan Shearer was suspended because Trevor Bennett was a mate of your dad? Seems a bit harsh that like.

Guest *newcastle 4 life*

R.I.P

Alan Shearer was suspended because Trevor Bennett was a mate of your dad? Seems a bit harsh that like.

:lol: alan shearer was suspended. i got to sit next to him cos trevor bennet got us tickets. :)

In the chairmans programme notes it said the arm bands and flags at half mast were for trevor bennett, who was an ex director who invested a few million back in the early nineties and who helped finance the Andy Cole transfer. I suppose with Babayaros brother passing away last night, they decided to dedicate it to him aswell.