Liverpool fans

Stevie

Guest Geordiesned
The exceptional Parker, overlooked as the home side’s man of the match in the most ridiculous act of Geordie nonsense since they sacked Kenny Dalglish, ensured there was as much to admire in Newcastle’s midfield as Liverpool’s.

What the fuck?! :lol:

The exceptional Parker, overlooked as the home side’s man of the match in the most ridiculous act of Geordie nonsense since they sacked Kenny Dalglish, ensured there was as much to admire in Newcastle’s midfield as Liverpool’s.

What the f***?! :lol:

Quite possibly the worst piece of journalism I've ever read.  I'm surprised he didn't blame us for the weather.

The exceptional Parker, overlooked as the home sides man of the match in the most ridiculous act of Geordie nonsense since they sacked Kenny Dalglish, ensured there was as much to admire in Newcastles midfield as Liverpools.

Quite possibly the worst piece of journalism I've ever read.  I'm surprised he didn't blame us for the weather.

The exceptional Parker, overlooked as the home sides man of the match in the most ridiculous act of Geordie nonsense since they sacked Kenny Dalglish, ensured there was as much to admire in Newcastles midfield as Liverpools.

You haven't seen some of his other pieces then.  He reports on Liverpool mainly but I remember he did the match report against Everton when we beat them 6-2, and he started his match report describing us in the typical scouse manner as "a sky club", and remembering when he was there for Newcastle v Tranmere in 92 when there was just 23,000 there, he has an agenda against the toon as many of them do, it's a part of the fabric of their society.  As I said there are some decent ones, we had a keeper for our team down Whitley Bay from Birkenhead he was a decent lad, Tranmere fan though, and even he ended up in jail for robbery, anybody who played for the Berkley in the mid 90's could back this up and know who I'm on about. 

However in the main, to coin two scousers phrases, "BLERRRRRRRRTS" and "WHOPPERS" almost to a man.

You haven't seen some of his other pieces then.  He reports on Liverpool mainly but I remember he did the match report against Everton when we beat them 6-2, and he started his match report describing us in the typical scouse manner as "a sky club", and remembering when he was there for Newcastle v Tranmere in 92 when there was just 23,000 there, he has an agenda against the toon as many of them do, it's a part of the fabric of their society.  As I said there are some decent ones, we had a keeper for our team down Whitley Bay from Birkenhead he was a decent lad, Tranmere fan though, and even he ended up in jail for robbery, anybody who played for the Berkley in the mid 90's could back this up and know who I'm on about. 

However in the main, to coin two scousers phrases, "BLERRRRRRRRTS" and "WHOPPERS" almost to a man.

If they truly were better than us, he'd not go out of his way to discredit the Toon.  The bit in bold is hilarious.  Do you recall what he was in the clink for? 

If they truly were better than us, he'd not go out of his way to discredit the Toon.  The bit in bold is hilarious.  Do you recall what he was in the clink for? 

It wasn't robbery really, but was theft from the insurance, he stage managed an insurance scam by making it look like his house had been burgled, but the daft cunt smashed the glass from the inside where the burglar was supposed to have broken in, so it wouldn't take a genious to work out what followed. 

I liked him though he was a good lad, I was just an impressionable 16 year old and he was one of the ones who looked after me on the pitch against big fuckin thugs from Blyth and Ashington, in that Port of Blyth league, of which there were many.

Chris Bascombe's match reports are fucking legendary.

Endless source of amusement on a monday. The scary thing is that 90% of reds agree with the stuff he comes out with.

Geordies complaining about scouse accents though? Pot, meet kettle.

It wasn't robbery really, but was theft from the insurance, he stage managed an insurance scam by making it look like his house had been burgled, but the daft c*** smashed the glass from the inside where the burglar was supposed to have broken in, so it wouldn't take a genious to work out what followed. 

I liked him though he was a good lad, I was just an impressionable 16 year old and he was one of the ones who looked after me on the pitch against big fuckin thugs from Blyth and Ashington, in that Port of Blyth league, of which there were many.

I know the type you're talking about.  Good bloke's who do stupid things.  That's too bad, not that I feel any pain for the insurance compaines as those cunts are all crook's.  Wish he pulled it off, tbh. 

For the record, listening to Gerrard speak with that frog stuck in his throat is dreadful.  Wor Mickey isn't much better. 

Guest Allez Les Rouges

Bless ya

Bless ya

;D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/media/images/38279000/jpg/_38279100_tarby_1650.jpg

Guest Rushian

You haven't seen some of his other pieces then.  He reports on Liverpool mainly but I remember he did the match report against Everton when we beat them 6-2, and he started his match report describing us in the typical scouse manner as "a sky club", and remembering when he was there for Newcastle v Tranmere in 92 when there was just 23,000 there, he has an agenda against the toon as many of them do, it's a part of the fabric of their society.

Stevie in "I make up facts as I go along" shocker.

Bascombe didn't report on your 6-2 rout of Everton. The three journalists who did for the Echo and Post were Andy Hunter, David Prentice and David Randles.

Not one of them describes Newcastle as a "sky club", not one of them mentions Tranmere, not one of them mentions 1992, and not one of them mentions a 23000 crowd.

Is making bollocks up part of the fabric of Newcastle society or just a vast percentage of Stevie's undersized brain?

Alan Oliver is an absolute bell end at times, but he would stop short of dignifying a comment abusing the scouse stereotypes, this Chris Bascombe is indicitive of how I find a lot of scouse attitudes towards us.  Everytime he reports on us there's some sly jibe, here's another one below, the one that stuck in mind for me was when he went on about our gate against Tranmere, he has an agenda against us.

Chris Bascombe Liverpool Echo:

XABI ALONSO'S latest wonder strike provided a useful metaphor for those belittling Liverpool's title pretensions.

No matter how far back you seem, when you're blessed with class, anything is possible.

Liverpool may require a combined effort equally spectacular if they're to fully remedy their early setbacks,but they couldn't have wished foramore comfortable evening to re-assert their credentials.

A thorough performance in every department, the Reds finally found the reward recent performances deserved.

And with key men re-discovering their form,any lingering anxiety heading into this game swiftly disappeared.

When confidence is low, goals are scarce, and a fillip is required, Newcastle arefirst pick on list of most anticipated home fixtures.

The Geordies rarely refuse to squeeze those bellies through the turnstiles, and never fail to leave 90 minutes later having seen a completely different game to the rest of the football world.

Glenn Roeder thought his side unlucky not to claim something from the game, arguing deputy keeper Steve Harper didn't have many shots to save.

A more accurate way of putting it was Harper didn't save many shots, as Dirk Kuyt and Alonso secured the points, while the Dutchman and Craig Bellamy put a couple of sitters wide and Luis Garcia rattled the bar.

Five-nil would not have flattered Liverpool, while Newcastle's efforts amounted to a trio of penalty claims in the first ten minutes of the second half, none of which compared favourably with Celestine Babayaro's unpunished attempt to catch the ball in front of The Kop.

Liverpool have been threatening to dish out a severe beating. Newcastle only avoided that fate thanks to generous finishing and the absence of Titus Bramble.

Rafa Benitez has assembled a side of strength, power and pace, and, as we sawlast year,when the elements combine properly they can overwhelm opponents.

Midway through the first half, you could sense the momentum build as Newcastle struggled to get beyond their own half.

Bellamy and Kuyt had already forced Harper into saves his manager would later forget, before Alonso's perfect through ball to Finnan allowed him to hand the Dutch forward the platform to demonstrate his poaching skills.

Newcastle claimed they'd'stepped aside' to allow Kuyt to move to Anfield in the summer, with Roeder suggesting he didn't rate him at £9m.

They paid £10m for Obafemi Martins instead, and few will argue with such wisdom on the basis of last night, apart from the fact the Liverpool man scored and played well, and the Newcastle forward did neither.

Kuyt finished a brilliantly constructed move, rewarding the patient passing approach whichwas a feature of the first half.

At the heart of this was the revitalised Alonso, who'd been below his usual standards prior to the trip to Stamford Bridge, but now appears to have re-discovered his passing range and speed.

When least effective, Alonso's passing is slow, safe and negative.

Fortunately, when he's playing like this, the penetration returns, and there's a zip to his deliveries which keeps Liverpool moving forward and defences pinned back.

As if to underline the welcome return of his confidence, Alonso provided an action replay of his Luton Town strike last January, scoring from deep in his own half.

The midfielder has tried this so often, the only one surprised by the audacity of his attempt was Harper, who lost balance as he was caught off his line.

Liverpool's second was timely, as Newcastle remained in the hunt for a point until the 80th minute due to the latest in the series of missed chances.

Bellamy fluffed the best of the lot when aricochet off StevenGerrard sent him scurrying clear and his delicate chip was agonisingly wide.

The Welshman is getting little reward for his overall contribution. One of the most telling images of the night was Bellamy closing down Babayaro deep into injury time.

This fella's work rate is already winning him friends,and he kept acool head despite predictable abuse from the visiting section and, latterly, the Newcastle coaching staff who taunted him as he left the pitch.

No doubt the striker would prefer goals rather than plaudits, but they're bound to start flowing soon.

Of greater importance is the flourishing of his partnership with Kuyt, which once again looked highly promising.

Both benefited from the inclusion of the Anfield luxury man, Garcia, who shines in home fixtures such as this, particularly when he's on the ball so often.

The crafty Spaniard made things happen all night, and the manner he controlled and instantly volleyed a Gerrard pass would have rivalled Alonso's strike but for the woodwork .

There were a couple of anxious moments at the back after the break, notably when the otherwise impeccable Daniel Agger lunged recklessly at the feet of Shola Ameobi.

But Newcastle possessed little threat and a second goal was inevitable, even if the manner of it rare.

Liverpool have now collected as many points after five games than they managed after six last season, when they still reached their highest points tally since 1990.

Benitez and his players still won'tbeyearning foralong glance at the league table, but this win was preciselywhat was required to plant the shoots of recovery.

There's nothing wrong with this Liverpool team, and the evidence supporting the view they can't mount a serious Premiership challenge remains as flimsy as a Panorama documentary.

As for Xabi, sadly, it's can be confirmed today he's not scored the longest goal Anfield has ever seen. After all, as someone reminded us at the end, back in the sixties Ian St John once scored from Hunt's cross.

Geordies' victory in race for OwenAug 30 2005

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

NEWCASTLE today won the race to sign Michael Owen.

The Magpies announced the England striker had agreed a four-year deal after Real Madrid accepted the Geordies' £16m offer.

Owen was undergoing a medical today after Liverpool failed with a last ditch attempt to force a u-turn.

Newcastle chairman Freddy Shepherd said: "Bringing Michael to St. James' Park will rank alongside the signing of Alan Shearer as my proudest moment at Newcastle United.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

"Michael is a fantastic goalscorer. He's someone we would love to build the team around and we hope he can help us bring success to the club."

Owen spent the night agonising over his future after talks between Liverpool and Real Madrid continued to stall on the issue of the striker's valuation.

The Reds' refusal to pay well beyond what they received a year ago forced Owen into a reluctant agreement with the St James' Park club.

The striker was initially set to reject Newcastle's overtures, but he knew that would give Liverpool less than 48 hours to agree a deal with Madrid.

Real gave him no encouragement an agreement with Anfield officials was a realistic prospect.

The 25-year-old held talks with Liverpool and Newcastle yesterday. Liverpool hoped Owen would hold his nerve today and reject Newcastle at the eleventh hour.

However, Owen is concerned about his international prospects in a World Cup year and apears to have put his England ambitions above his desire to return to Liverpool.

In a twist, Owen's Newcastle deal has a get-out clause for £12m next summer, which could result in him belatedly returning to Anfield in a year.

;D

The bloke is an absolute wank, it would surprise me if he wasn't in all fairness.

Guest elbee909

Would have thought a Liverpool writer particularly wouldn't have wanted to use a sentence with 'squeezing' and 'turnstiles', to be honest  :(

Guest Rushian

Stevie in "I make up facts as I go along" shocker.

Scouse w****** in posting s*** shocker....

Stevie's lover in coming to the rescue on Valentine's Day shocker ;)