What is your first choice 16 when we have a fully fit squad?

Guest nufc_geordie

Guest Slagter_Palle

Ok fair enough, when considering being better than Bramble O0 I'd wish you could pass that piece of information on the GR.

I still don't get this Bramble/Ramage thing.

You have two defenders:

1, Makes stupid mistakes but has decent pace, is strong in the air, can put in a quality crunching tackle, occasionally (very) can pick out a beatufiul 40 yard pass, scores the odd goal and every now and then puts in a very good performance (especially in Europe) but just isnt consistant enough and has a bad habit of only playing for 85mins.

2, Makes stupid mistakes, is slow, quite weak in the air, awful distribution, has had about 4 "decent" games.

Now I reckon 99% of the forum could work out which was which but apparently defender number 2 is the better one.  :undecided:

better late than never thought id put mine in:

Given

Solano  Taylor  Gooch  Babayaro

Dyer*      Parker  Emre    Duff

Owen    Martins

Harper

Bramble

Butt

Milner

Nzogbia

*Dyer can go up front if we need a striker.

Thats based on players being on top form (and parker being told hes a DM)

You have two defenders:

1, Makes stupid mistakes but has decent pace, is strong in the air, can put in a quality crunching tackle, occasionally (very) can pick out a beatufiul 40 yard pass, scores the odd goal and every now and then puts in a very good performance (especially in Europe) but just isnt consistant enough and has a bad habit of only playing for 85mins.

2, Makes stupid mistakes, is slow, quite weak in the air, awful distribution, has had about 4 "decent" games.

Now I reckon 99% of the forum could work out which was which but apparently defender number 2 is the better one.  :undecided:

I would agree with that

i dont understand how a lot of people are picking edgar as first choice left back, i know he played well in the game he played there but it was only 1 game and its not even his natural position. hes not even left footed (is he?). i know babayaro isnt great but at least he offers a bit of balance and support when going forward.

I can't believe anyone would leave Milner out of the team after the way he's played this season. He's got quite a few assists, he's now scored a few goals and he works his arse off. I think some people forget how young Milner is cos he seems to have been around for so long. He can still improve a lot further as well.

I can't believe anyone would leave Milner out of the team after the way he's played this season. He's got quite a few assists, he's now scored a few goals and he works his arse off. I think some people forget how young Milner is cos he seems to have been around for so long. He can still improve a lot further as well.

it depends if people are considering their lineup as of current form, or whether they are playing to the best of their ability. I would play milner on current form but if our players were playing to their ability i probably wouldnt put him in the team.

Yep, very ugly player (I don't mean his face, well...) but he gets the job done. He was one of the most productive players in the premiership last season and im sure he will end up being our most productive midfielder this season.

it depends if people are considering their lineup as of current form, or whether they are playing to the best of their ability. I would play milner on current form but if our players were playing to their ability i probably wouldnt put him in the team.

But Milner has been doing it for nearly 2 seasons now and is only 21, how long does it take for him to be good enough?

Very much dependent on what team we'd be facing, and if it's at home or away - this being especially true for central midfield. Parker and Butt being the obvious "dominant" and hard-tackling choice, whereas Emre would bring more flair to it.

Generally speaking, and on today's form, I'd definitely go with something like: Given - Solano, Taylor, Onyewu, Babayaro - Duff, Parker, Butt, Milner - Dyer, Martins.

Sibierski and Martins seems to work well, but I think we look more dangerous with Dyer playing off Martins, and they both seem to thrive at that too. I still think Duff has shown more than N'Zogbia this season, and definitely is a more experienced player, despite the slating he gets on this board. Milner has arguably been one of our best performers this season, along with Butt. Onyewu seems solid, and Taylor beats Bramble by miles. Solano would probably prefer his natural position, but he's been class on the right back as well, I guess that just outlines how much we need a new right back, really. I don't see any good options for left back, so Babayaro would have to do for now - even considering Edgar for that position in a regular sense, is ludicrous in my opinion.

But Milner has been doing it for nearly 2 seasons now and is only 21, how long does it take for him to be good enough?

9 years, 15 Premier League medals, an FA Cup, 2 Champions League, 3 World Cup and an Intertoto medal - At least he's got one of them :lol:

i see your point but i personally dont think his ability at present is as good as the 4 in midfield i would choose, although i must admit in my selection it is more accomodation to dyer than whether he is actually good in right mid, but id want to see him try it there. Otherwise i would actually put milner in.

You have two defenders:

Wot? You're saying someone thinks Ramage is better than Bramble?  mackems.gif 

It'll be better for Krul to go out on loan next season than to sit on our bench. Personally i would have Harper on the bench anyway. Harper is a good keeper. He's made a couple of mistakes this season but i wouldn't even call the one at Anfield a mistake really. It was more of a freak accident where he fell over, than a goalkeeping error. Was a shit kick on Saturday which lead to Bellamy scoring like but the pitch didn't help, and we've seen Given do that before. Krul was brilliant against Palermo but i think it is a bit of a knee jerk reaction for people to think he is the 2nd best keeper at the club. I remember not long ago there was a poll on here asking if Krul will be a better keeper than Given.

Given

Nobby Taylor Gooch Edgar

Dyer Parker Emre Milner

Martins Owen

Zoggy

Butt

Duff

Harper (gk)

Bramble

Based on what I've seen this season.  It was difficult to pick between Parker and Butt.  I think Emre should be in there for his creativity.  In my ideal world Luque would be in the starting lineup    O0

It'll be better for Krul to go out on loan next season

We need a 3rd goalkeeper. 2 is not enough.

True, but the 3 keepers don't have to include Krul. Pav looked awful against Bolton like. We could easily go out and get another keeper as 3rd choice for next season and loan Krul out. I bet that next season we won't even use 3 keepers throughout the whole season. This season has just been a freak season with regards to our keepers injuries. Caig only made the bench a handful of times when he was here. Just get a stop gap in like he was and give Krul the games he needs on loan.

Guest alankhaw

---------------------------------------------Given--------------------------------------------

Solano------------------Taylor---------------------Gooch---------------------Babayaro

Milner-------------------Parker--------------------- Emre----------------------N'Zogbia

---------------------------Owen----------------------Martins------------------------------

Subs:

Harper

Bramble

Duff

Ameobi

Butt