Top 10 premiership strikers?

Guest kingdawson

So you're counting his 4 goals he scored against MK Dons, Southend & Cardiff who aren't even in the Premiership, as well as his two goals against the mighty Dinamo Bucharest in a competition Charlton aren't even in!

If we're going to go with that...then

Bent = 11 goals in 24 games at 0.46 goals per game.

Defoe = 14 goals in 36 games at 0.37 goals per game.

Premiership goalscoring record in order of consistency.

Henry - 253 games - 174 goals - goal every 1.45 games

Owen - 227 games - 125 goals - goal every 1.81 games

Drogba - 81 games - 37 goals - goal every 2.18 games

Martins - 23 games - 10 goals - goal every 2.3 games

Mccartney -  26 games - 10 goals - goal every 2.6 games

Anelka - 197 games - 74 goals - goal every 2.66 games

Kuyt - 24 games - 9 goals - goal every 2.66 games

Rooney - 156 games - 52 goals - goal every 3 games

saha - 150 games - 50 goals - goal every 3 games

bellamy - 174 games - 53 goals - goal every 3.28 games

Berbatov - 24 games - 6 goals - goal every 4 games

TRULY OWNED. KINGDAWSON, you Moron.

What are you talking about, if you check overall stats you would see that defoe has more goals then bent. Dont really know why im replying to a weirdo that puts Doyle and Kanu in he's premierships 10 best strikers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :idiot2: :idiot2:.

Well I don't know... you're the one who kept saying Premiership, and telling people to stick to the topic... now you're talking about overall stats  :idiot2:

Plus if you can't see my list for what it was then you reallty are a fool. Oh wait... !

What are you talking about, if you check overall stats you would see that defoe has more goals then bent. Dont really know why im replying to a weirdo that puts Doyle and Kanu in he's premierships 10 best strikers :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :idiot2: :idiot2:.

lol have to agree there a little.  bent HAS played less games, and with the figures being so close.  and charlton lack of europe or fa cup action means that Defoe if any good should score more.

all these in mind and consider team -27 GA btw !  see Bent should be ahead of him in top 10 strikers in EPL!

Premiership goalscoring record in order of consistency.

Henry - 253 games - 174 goals - goal every 1.45 games

Owen - 227 games - 125 goals - goal every 1.81 games

Drogba - 81 games - 37 goals - goal every 2.18 games

Martins - 23 games - 10 goals - goal every 2.3 games

yeah thats what i put as my top 5 with the inclusion of Rooney who i said was a scorer of great goals rather then a great goal scorer which the stats would suggest

my opinion and in order when fit top 5 strikers in the Premiership

1st Henry -on par with Alan Shearer as the Premiership all time greatest striker-

2nd Owen - in terms of a last movement goal scorer he is the best-

3nd Rooney - scorer of great goals rather then a great goal scorer potentially can be with Shearer and Henry as greatest Premiership striker -

4th Drogba - the most powerful striker in the premiership-

5th Martins - the fastest and best two footed striker of a ball in the Premiership -

lol have to agree there a little.  bent HAS played less games, and with the figures being so close.  and charlton lack of europe or fa cup action means that Defoe if any good should score more.

all these in mind and consider team -27 GA btw !  see Bent should be ahead of him in top 10 strikers in EPL!

Are you mad? Defoe is world class, he has won the World Cup 3 times, were it not for his injury in 66 he would have won the world cup a record 4 consecutive times. Face the facts, hes changed the way the game is played.

1. Thierry Henry - The complete striker. Pace, skill, good finisher, good playmaker, decent with the head, can cross the ball, can take a set piece, drifts out wide, comes deep to play others in yet is in the box seconds later. One of the world's best, without a doubt.

2. Didier Drogba - The best centre-forwards centre-forward in Europe at the moment. Absolutely brilliant in the box. Sublime at running near-post and bulletting a header, and a good all-round finisher. Also has fantastic technique and superb strength.

3. Wayne Rooney - He'll be the best in the world one day. Good strength and a wonderful finisher. He's also got some blistering pace when he gets going - with unbelievable vision.

4. Andrei Shevchenko - One of the world's best finishers. Just hasn't happened for him at Chelsea.

5. Michael Owen - Like the rest, one of the best finishers in the world. I'd even go to the stretch of saying he is the best finisher in the world - atleast he was a couple of years ago. I can't predict what he'll be like when he comes back, though.

6. Robin Van Persie - Another one of those who'll be one of the world's best in a few years to come, in my opinion. Excellent in front of goal but is fantastic off the shoulder. Probably the Premiership's best off-the-shoulder striker at the moment.

7. Nicolas Anelka - His pace and skill is second to none, and he has the ability to score world class goals out of nowhere, Henry-esque. His ability to play teammates in is exceptional and the system Bolton play with just works for him.

8. Obafemi Martins - Possibly the most two-footed striker in the Premiership. His footwork is impeccable in my opinion and his finishing is excellent. He's got a great leap and good strength aswell. His ability to score world class goals is second to none, in my opinion. Something-out-of-nothing.

9. Louis Saha - Another good centre-forward like Saha. Give Saha the ball and he will score. Good goalscorer, prolific with either part of the body. Superb technique about him aswell.

10. Carlos Tevez - We've not seen the best of him and we simply will not at West Ham. But whenever he has played, he has often looked the best player on the park. He can do it in the Premiership because he's got pace that worries defenders and a lot of strength. I hope he moves.

Honourable mentions:

Dimitar Berbatov, Henrik Larsson, Dirk Kuyt, Darren Bent, Emmanuel Adebayor.

Guest kingdawson

according to soccerbase defoe has 14 in 36, and bent has 11 in 24. bent has a better record. sorry.

so how many games did defoe play compared to bent last season. Ill use that as the excuse then. The fact is, like i said last season, defoe will score more golas this season then darrent bent.

Fair point gazza, but my defoe, bent argument is a bit different.

Defoe has never scored more than 13 Premiership goals in a season - FACT!

Yeah but hes scored more goals at White Ian Haarte Lane then any other forward in the Premiership in the past 2-3 seasons. Only Robbie Keane comes close to him.

That makes him the best forward in the league for sure.

Guest kingdawson

You used the exact same argument on GG that was countered perfectly by me.

I thought you said Anelka was shite, Yorkie?

I said he didn't have a very good goalscoring record and he'd be a shite signing.

Two things which i stand by.

He'll be bored with Bolton in 12 months or so.

Yeah but hes scored more goals at White Ian Haarte Lane then any other forward in the Premiership in the past 2-3 seasons. Only Robbie Keane comes close to him.

;D

Are you mad? Defoe is world class, he has won the World Cup 3 times, were it not for his injury in 66 he would have won the world cup a record 4 consecutive times. Face the facts, hes changed the way the game is played.

lol tmonkey. You have always produced thoughtful posts. Since when have you changed your style!?

Guest kingdawson

Hilarious stuff how you added 'Ian' to our ground name, not to mention the extra 'a' and the 'e' at the end. Truly brilliant stuff :rolleyes:.

You used the exact same argument on GG that was countered perfectly by me.

If he was that good he wouldn't be benched for Robbie fucking Keane - FACT! :lol:

3. Wayne Rooney - He'll be the best in the world one day. Good strength and a wonderful finisher. He's also got some blistering pace when he gets going - with unbelievable vision.

4. Andrei Shevchenko - One of the world's best finishers. Just hasn't happened for him at Chelsea

dont agree with these two.  shevchenko has been getting pretty good service couldnt be considered among the best in EPL when others are scoring and have been scoreing around 1 goal in 2 games.

Bent, Johnson and Yakubu.  even defoe should be more worth with 1 in 3.

Veron was 'worldclass' wasnt among the best midfielders in EPL huh?

Rooney, not an out and out goal scorer goes through constant droughts in carear.  at Man Utd i mean com'mon wouldn't a wonderful finisher too.  just happens to score great goals though.  obviously talented but more link up player.

according to soccerbase defoe has 14 in 36, and bent has 11 in 24. bent has a better record. sorry.

so how many games did defoe play compared to bent last season. Ill use that as the excuse then. The fact is, like i said last season, defoe will score more golas this season then darrent bent.

Fair point gazza, but my defoe, bent argument is a bit different.

they both played 36 league games last season, defoe got 8, bent 18. fair enough defoe was often sub for some of those games but he looked crap, just playing on his own as if the rest of the side didn't exist. bent on the other hand not only scored loads but played up front alone often doing a decent job at linking up with midfield and playing with his back to goal. i think defoe has more talent, but bent is a more rounded player and a more consistent goal scorer.

Guest kingdawson

Well I don't know... you're the one who kept saying Premiership, and telling people to stick to the topic... now you're talking about overall stats  :idiot2:

Plus if you can't see my list for what it was then you reallty are a fool. Oh wait... !

Another genius weve got on our hands here. My question was 'who are the premierships 10 best strikers' and Einstein over here decides it purely based on who's scored the most goals in the premiership. I wish i was as clued up as you.

Another genius weve got on our hands here. My question was 'who are the premierships 10 best strikers' and Einstein over here decides it purely based on who's scored the most goals in the premiership. I wish i was as clued up as you.

Are you just talking about this season then? If not, why did you have a dig at me saying Tevez & Shevchenko?