Ben Haim

Guest Alan_Shearer

Guest Alan_Shearer

Had a shocker tonight, was all over the place, foulin, givin a pen then getting sent off.

Havn't really seen much of him but from that i'd rather look elsewhere in the summer for more defenders :p

Adebayor had him in his back pocket.

Ben Haim's still a very good player and i'd gladly have him here. Especially on a free. It would be just crazy for the likes of us not to be sniffing around the likes of him and Distin in the summer, considering they're available on frees. I'd take either to be quite honest, and i think Gooch, one of them and a left-back would be our defense significantly improved. Probably not for a great deal of money, either.

I'd like a right-back, but i don't think we crave one.

I love it when players are written off after one game :lol:

yeah he didnt have such a bad game and lets face it on a free transfer he must be more capable than titus

He is a good defender and can play across the back 4 on a free but lets look elsewhere, we could probably get Anton Ferdinand for about £6m!

yeah amd anton ferdinand is awesome isnt he apecially at that price tag :p

definitely on a free ben-haim is a bargain

anton is only worth it on a free

I love it when players are written off after one game :lol:

He's the new Curtis Davies.

To be fair I think its understandable...most people don't really pay attention to players unless they're doing something spectacular...but once their name starts cropping up being linked to a move they're under the spotlight. Woe is the player who has a shit game on TV after their name appears on a forum.

And Ben Haim was fkn shocking last night. Should have been booked 4 times minimum.

So is CRonaldo but I wouldn't mind him being our Grade A penis either ;)

Cristiano Ronaldo is 10 times the player Ben Haim is though.  Theres many defenders I'd take over that cunt, but theres no wingers I'd take over Ronaldo.

Who said it does, fact is he is a good player but I think most are doing the "Made out good so I will decide he is shit" thing without having actually seen him play. Would improve our defence, can play anywhere across the back and is on a free.

Watch us sign someone as good or probably worse for £5m.

Who said it does, fact is he is a good player but I think most are doing the "Made out good so I will decide he is s***" thing without having actually seen him play. Would improve our defence, can play anywhere across the back and is on a free.

Watch us sign someone as good or probably worse for £5m.

He will improve our defence

But thats only because our defence is shit!

We need to find some better players,if we can't,then lets sign him..

You talk about him like he is quite shit but really he isnt, even if we do get other defenders he would be a good addition. We still havent paid for Gooch then we really need a left back and right back and probably another centre back with decent experience. Then a central midfielder, maybe another right winger and an attacker or 2.

How do you propose we do this without picking up good free transfers? Gonna splash another £50m??

You talk about him like he is quite s*** but really he isnt, even if we do get other defenders he would be a good addition. We still havent paid for Gooch then we really need a left back and right back and probably another centre back with decent experience. Then a central midfielder, maybe another right winger and an attacker or 2.

How do you propose we do this without picking up good free transfers? Gonna splash another £50m??

He is not shit,he is just average

I mean he is not the kind of defender i want to start with if i was Newcastle,we are aiming for europe and we need the best we can find,as i said if we can't find anyone better then him,i will settle for him..

It will still be good to play a Gooch-Taylor partnership,what we really need to buy is a new LB,and RB (unless Solano keeps his current form)

Had a nightmare last night but is still a good player

He's been one of Bolton's best players for the last few years during which time they've been in and around the European places.

Yep and given one of their biggest attributes is their defensive ability its a compliment.

Problem with someone like Ben Haim is that although hes definately a good defender in the Premiership for Bolton, hes playing in a superbly organised side, which surely makes his job alot easier as a defender, since thats half the job for them - organisation, teamwork, drilling, etc.

We, on the other hand, have an amateurish coaching setup and are always a mess on the pitch when it comes to defending, its down to the individual to play well and when someone starts struggling, theres normally no way back for them.

Hence, a good centreback like Ben Haim might struggle in our type of defence, whereas Distin at City is playing in a setup/team that is more similar to ours - nothing like as well organised as Bolton's imo.

Would be silly not to try and get him on a free though, if he turned out to be shitter than what we have (unlikely) we could just sell him and make a profit, although Distin should be the bigger priority for me because hes fast, left footed - ie would complement Taylor well and can fill in at left back, as weve seen.

If we were offered the chance to take Ben Haim on a free, and turned it down, Roeder and Shepherd would want killing - very, very painfully.

Hence why they would, because they're not stupid (arguably).

Very good defender, Ben Haim. Absolutely key player for Bolton over the past couple of years.