St James' Park

Delima

1 hour ago, Wilson said:

Never received this survey... cunts. 

I got your's by mistake. Filled it in for you. 

They now think you're up for a move. 

Would come to the, new, ground 5 hours before ko. 

Would, happily pay £8k for a sofa seat and

Would buy a new top every match. 

You can thank me later

Edited by Groundhog63

24 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I had a look at Man City's season ticket prices. Adults are £285 in the family section, £185 for 18-21 year olds and £65 for U18s.

Behind the other goal they start from £225 for adults and £110 for U18s.

Even seats along the side are reasonable, ranging from £360 up to £620 for adults and £115 to £200 for U18s.

This is to watch the best team in World football. Success doesn't necessarily have to come at a price*

*Although maybe that's why they've had to cheat FFP :lol:

That's incredible. Unfortunately I don't see us getting anywhere near that. And yeah, those low prices look suspiciously low.

On the other hand, this goes back to my original point that the club might use huge corporate revenue to keep standard ticket prices low.

5 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

The whole project could go tits up in a few years for all we know, and we’re stuck in a 70k stadium in the SilverLink watching shite football with a ruined cultural heritage.

Add a load of crisp packets and carrier bags swirling round the pitch and we’d basically be the Makems 

The whole debate around moving being a financial necessity is completely illiterate. 

The only financial limit the club operates under is FFP. A single decent outbound transfer does more for FFP than 2 years of increasing capacity by 50% would.

13 minutes ago, Wandy said:

That's incredible. Unfortunately I don't see us getting anywhere near that. And yeah, those low prices look suspiciously low.

On the other hand, this goes back to my original point that the club might use huge corporate revenue to keep standard ticket prices low.

We were charging more than that 20 years ago! 

I do wonder if they announced there was going to be 2 options on the table;

A brand new 70k stadium was going to be built either on Castle Leazes or the current arena site with room for 55k standard season ticket holders and adult prices ranging from £300 behind the goals up to £700 for the best seats on halfway, and these prices would be subsidised by 5k business seats in the main stand and a couple of hundred executive boxes, plus many different lounges, ie things they could never really do with the current SJP or;

we could stay put but standard season ticket prices would have to rise to £900/£1000 to make up the shortfall from the lack of corporate options and smaller capacity what people would go for. It's a no brainer for me but I wouldn't be surprised if the wider fanbase was largely in favour of option 2.

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

A brand new 70k stadium was going to be built either on Castle Leazes or the current arena site with room for 55k standard season ticket holders and adult prices ranging from £300 behind the goals up to £700 for the best seats on halfway, and these prices would be subsidised by 5k business seats in the main stand and a couple of hundred executive boxes, plus many different lounges, ie things they could never really do with the current SJP or;

we could stay put but standard season ticket prices would have to rise to £900/£1000 to make up the shortfall from the lack of corporate options and smaller capacity what people would go for. It's a no brainer for me but I wouldn't be surprised if the wider fanbase was largely in favour of option 2.

You seem to have a very firm grasp of the figures involved here.

So how much extra annual revenue do you anticipate option 1 generating? You must have some sort of idea. Just ballpark like. 

Edited by Paulinho

39 minutes ago, OptimusSlime said:

I think Man City is in some ways a difficult comparison because bluntly they don’t have any fans.  They have to sell cheaper to get bums on seats.

Their support is as good as ours man. We probably do have more potential than them to regularly fill a 70k stadium though.

50 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

I think quite a few existing ST holders might go for option 2, but not the wider fanbase. Thankfully, the club now seem to recognise that ST holders are not particularly the core of our support. In fact, these days a lot of them are probably the worst representation of it.

3 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

It genuinely turns my stomach to think of moving from SJP like. It even turns my stomach reading people saying they'd be up for it.

Us playing at SJP is so engrained into what supporting the club means to me and it's one of those things where I find it nigh on impossible to get my head around anyone thinking differently. 

I can sympathise with this. I wouldn't mind TBH, providing it's still a city centre location. Sorry if I've made you feel sick :lol:

Man City were  "gifted" a shiny new stadium, with a load of land around it to be able to expand and accommodate all those corporate £££

We would have to rebuild or move to compete with their facilities.

Edited by patrone

45 minutes ago, OptimusSlime said:

I think Man City is in some ways a difficult comparison because bluntly they don’t have any fans.  They have to sell cheaper to get bums on seats.

They’ve had a hardcore cadre of fans that stuck by them even when they fell into the third tier. The inference by some they’ve got no fans is the kind of brain dead observation made by their brain dead neighbours who play in red

3 minutes ago, Ghandis Flip-Flop said:

They’ve had a hardcore cadre of fans that stuck by them even when they fell into the third tier. The inference by some they’ve got no fans is the kind of brain dead observation made by their brain dead neighbours who play in red

Exactly. I'm not even a City fan and I get annoyed when I hear that nonsense spouted about their fanbase.

Having just seen that video, and made my first trip to see SJP just several months ago and further having been a supporter from a far for 27 years that believes(ed) the stadium to be a unique identifier and landmark part and parcel with the name of our club...I 100% do not support any move away from SJP. The fans + SJP are united as the lifeblood/heart. We need redevelopment and renovation - moving would make me very angry and I would question the owners' ability to read the room. 

I did not appreciate the uniqueness and the feeling of SJP on matchday until I did the walk from the Quayside myself 2x in a week.

Edited by Kanji

1 hour ago, Paulinho said:

The whole debate around moving being a financial necessity is completely illiterate. 

The only financial limit the club operates under is FFP. A single decent outbound transfer does more for FFP than 2 years of increasing capacity by 50% would.

Probably best not to start by insulting people.  The illiteracy is in assuming that you simply multiply the current match day income by 50% for an increased capacity of 50%.  That’s not what would happen - the club would most likely vastly increase the corporate and luxury seating areas.  They’ll be looking into the fact that Arsenal and Spurs can take in more than three times what we do - and yes, obviously that’s London pricing, but NUFC’s corporate is small given the stadium size.

1 minute ago, Kanji said:

Having just seen that video, and made my first trip to see SJP just several months ago and further having been a supporter from a far for 27 years that believes(ed) the stadium to be a unique identifier and landmark part and parcel with the name of our club...I 100% do not support any move away from SJP. The fans + SJP are united as the lifeblood/heart. We need redevelopment and renovation - moving would make me very angry and I would question the owners' ability to read the room. 

I did not appreciate the uniqueness and the feeling of SJP on matchday until I did the walk from the Quayside myself 2x in a week.

If you made your first trip to SJP a few months ago then you can’t really say that it’s the lifeblood of the club - and that that fans & ground are intrinsically tied.  You can’t know that.