St James' Park

Delima

4 minutes ago, PRL said:

with the top bowl or both ends (30-40k) distributed to under 40s in NE1 postcodes for £200 a season ticket as priority

luis suarez GIF

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, NE27 said:

luis suarez GIF

Haha, is Roy sad about the use of bowls or overly restrictive postcodes?! It's an outlandish and hypothetical suggestion that wouldn't happen, I know that... I'm just intrigued as to if those who wouldn't want to move would relent if there was mitigating circumstances, whether there's a route to something that could work for most/all. 

Edited by PRL

20 minutes ago, PRL said:

Would people vote to move ground if it was to 90-100k on the town moor, with the top bowl or both ends (30-40k) distributed to under 40s in NE1 postcodes for £200 a season ticket as priority, before moving to others within an NE1 postcode after, before any general sale if left, with as much as allowed safe standing. The 10-15k hospitality could cover close to SJP revenues, then current season ticket holders could have first dibs to the more premium tickets or those in safe standing and other areas after the above (if over half don't want to be in safe standing, they'll be good with closer to the pitch and seated). 

By the time this was built, the women's team would be challenging towards the top of the WSL, SJP would become their stadium and they would fill it (we would still be fairly starved of relative success and the fans would pack in for reasonable price to cheer our female galacticos to the title).

At the same time we would suddenly have the best stadium in the UK, with the most vibrant atmosphere and some of the best facilities. We could host gigs most weekends (modern stadia with a floor that comes out and covers the pitch), NFL would come to SJP, it would bring huge tourist revenue to the city on non-game weekends as we put on the best and biggest events outside London, and you can catch the train to Newcastle and walk to the game or gig - not spend an age on a sixties era tram waiting for Rita Sullivan to get mown down in front of you...

I'm completely accepting this is unrealistic, but if it offered a new generation of fans access for good pricing, an uplift in atmosphere, remaining in city centre and a huge bump in the economy of Newcastle... would people go for it?

You locationist monster

All that typing, even googling Rita's surname, and it's NE1 I'm going to have lost the crowd with... lesson learned. 

Assuming they're not bolted down, how many people do you reckon it would take to lift one of the temporary shop containers?

2 minutes ago, TBG said:

Assuming they're not bolted down, how many people do you reckon it would take to lift one of the temporary shop containers?

If I’m involved, three

2 minutes ago, duo said:

Am I the only one who thinks this looks awful? Got admit was expecting better..

GOXCE26WkAAl_7r?format=jpg&name=medium

Dreadful. Only hope these containers don't linger too long. 

1 hour ago, duo said:

I'm assuming they will be repainted still and made to look better. They have literally just put them in place and haven't done the inside etc. Yet 

On 25/05/2024 at 02:59, TheBrownBottle said:

Always felt that those poor sods in the NE1 postcode would need a helping hand.  Haven’t got a pot to piss in. 

isn't ne1 mostly rich Chinese students now?

On 25/05/2024 at 01:10, duo said:

As it happens, that's almost exactly what a brand new stadium down in the abandoned industrial estates near Railway Street would look like

On 24/05/2024 at 18:10, duo said:

I mean, they haven’t even painted them yet. At least let them finish the job before you pass the judgement. :lol: 

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City don’t have anything to worry about with our shipping container expansion.

Swindon town and Rochdale may get excited mind.

What a clip man. 

Each to their own I suppose. But someone has an extremely good sales pitch to get the richest owners in football to play along with this fucking idea.

I expected better but we all have personal opinions and I’m just giving mine.

1 minute ago, Infatuation Junkie said:

Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City don’t have anything to worry about with our shipping container expansion.

Swindon town and Rochdale may get excited mind.

What a clip man. 

Each to their own I suppose. But someone has an extremely good sales pitch to get the richest owners in football to play along with this fucking idea.

I expected better but we all have personal opinions and I’m just giving mine.

fuck me it's not even open yet, want to maybe see how it goes before crying about expecting better?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, cubaricho said:

I mean, they haven’t even painted them yet. At least let them finish the job before you pass the judgement. :lol: 

I get they'll be painted but you can get a sense of how it'll look.  I think it's only going to be there for three years so I guess it's pointless spending money on something more permanent. 

Edited by duo

On 25/05/2024 at 01:10, duo said:

I'm trying to think why one was painted yellow then they painted most of it blue and left it?

Then which bellend painted 'stack' on with spray paint.

It's unfinished....but your right it looks shit