St James' Park

Delima

I can guarantee that Old Traford will change names. Chelsea have signed a £100m deal already.

Nah, you can't like. I can guarantee that.

300m+ in debt. Can't see them winning fuck all this year. Of course they will. They'll have to.

Guest Roger Kint

oh my god, our fans really are crybabies, we are feeding into the media frenzy.

why are we overeacting over a name change,  the media now are having a field day  "oh the newcastle fans will be incensed and protesting will proceed very soon at the stadium!"

fukking grow up lads, some of our reaction in the forum are just plain embarrassing.  any excuse to throw the toys out of the pram at ashley.

christ going by the fans reaction we are just like kevin keegan.  fuking crybabies get over it.

our shirt sponsers are coming to an end , and together with the stadium's vacancy we can have a huge new influx of commercial interest back into the club,  bringing in more income for new players and player's wages.  We should see this as a positive.

I know I'm late to the party here, but this has got to be one of the worst posts I've ever read on here. The lack of understanding beggars belief.

You must be new to tinypecker's posting then

Ashley has no intention of selling the naming rights. It's all about whoring his brand in the Far East and getting it done for nothing. Sports Direct will be the shirt sponsor next season and more than likely there will be plenty of mugs who would buy and wear it.

Guest bimpy474

Just listened to Dekka and he spoke sense, if the deal is as he says to be..................hold up on shooting me down please.

Its just he goes onto the radio now, yet we have seen nothing and heard nothing apart from childish statements on the clubs website in the past, if we had some kind of relationship with him, Ashley and rest of the board, and they actually treated us with respect and acknowledgement, then maybe we could understand this decision as he explained it in that interview.

But as it is all we have are broken promises, lies, deceit and complete disregard for our views to go on, how can we see this deal as he sees and put it in that interview, if the past has shown them to be downright liars, we wont, just wont believe what he tells us, and why should we.

If they had of came out and said they had landed a £10m a year deal then most would say "urrr if we have to then I suppose", but because he's stuck his tacky brand on it for free its a complete con.

Guest bimpy474

Ashley has no intention of selling the naming rights. It's all about whoring his brand in the Far East and getting it done for nothing. Sports Direct will be the shirt sponsor next season and more than likely there will be plenty of mugs who would buy and wear it.

Drink you own piss if its a different sponsor ?

I'm raging about what Llambias said about the fans wanting to buy more players. I'd rather we never signed another player than sold the entire soul and identity of our club.

Properly depressed about football at times like this.

:dowiespin:

I honestly would be just as angry had they sold the naming rights to any other brand. Sports Direct is tacky as fuck, but that's not the main issue.

The place my grandparents and parents used to go to watch Newcastle, where my Dad took me to my first match, the place that is in all those black and white photos throughout the years, the place where Shearer was unveiled, the biggest icon of our city and our region - that's St James Park. Right now it feels like it has just disappeared.

Just when I was starting to enjoy football again, I'm reminded that it doesn't have any soul or meaning any more.

Drink you own piss if its a different sponsor ?

What is the benefit to Mike Ashley and Sports Direct to get another brand in?

Just listened to Dekka and he spoke sense, if the deal is as he says to be..................hold up on shooting me down please.

Its just he goes onto the radio now, yet we have seen nothing and heard nothing apart from childish statements on the clubs website in the past, if we had some kind of relationship with him, Ashley and rest of the board, and they actually treated us with respect and acknowledgement, then maybe we could understand this decision as he explained it in that interview.

But as it is all we have are broken promises, lies, deceit and complete disregard for our views to go no, how can see this deal as he sees and put it in that interview, if the past has shown them to downright liars, we wont just wont believe what he tells us, and why should we.

Spot on! Would much rather they proposed sensitive changes such as this to the fans, through unofficial polling, to gauge overall reactions, and then make their decisions based on that. From their business point of view, a move such as this one could well turn out to be a PR gaffe with negligible positive results.

I honestly would be just as angry had they sold the naming rights to any other brand. Sports Direct is tacky as fuck, but that's not the main issue.

The place my grandparents and parents used to go to watch Newcastle, where my Dad took me to my first match, the place that is in all those black and white photos throughout the years, the place where Shearer was unveiled, the biggest icon of our city and our region - that's St James Park. Right now it feels like it has just disappeared.

Just when I was starting to enjoy football again, I'm reminded that it doesn't have any soul or meaning any more.

Well fucking said.

Guest sydneycove

I'm raging about what Llambias said about the fans wanting to buy more players. I'd rather we never signed another player than sold the entire soul and identity of our club.

Exaggeration hurts people

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/27542_112307122126745_2746_n.jpg

Amazing how apathetic some people have reacted to it,  completely missing the point by saying "it will always be SJP to me".

Ashley has won already and it's only been 12 hours. Must be pissing himself laughing this morning and wondering what he can change next. How far can he take it before some people wake up and see what is happening? Seat colour change? Shirt colour change? Club name change? "Wey it doesn't matter it'll always be Newcastle United to me."