Latest Bellamy rumour.

Baggio

So aye, are we now agreed that we've had a bit of a miscommunication and that we've been arguing over absolutely nowt? That would be great, if we could.

This Bellamy debate is a real crowd-puller, like, I'd love to know the wordcount on here that has come from the little bugger. I suppose until we reach the "heights" that we did when he was here the debate will rage on. We desperately need to win something, or start playing some cracking football again, just to take people's mind off him. Although, if those days ever come I bet we get a barrage of posts saying "I'm glad Bellamy isn't here anymore, Martins and Owen are mint, etc. etc."

It's a vicious cycle, I tells ya, but at least if we were doing well we'd hopefully be bickering less as a result.

Has there ever been a situation like this before with a Toon player? Being relatively young this is my first experience of an incident that has split the supporters so rigidly.

Do we at least all agree that Souness is a wanker? ;D

My point still stands, HTL asked me about my "double standards" in considering having JB here but not CB and my argument was JB hasn't done anything like that since 2004 where as CB seems to still be pulling that crap.

That is all.

He wanted to play for Newcastle. Would you prefer someone happy to sit on the bench ?

Give over with that crap man. That's why he faked an injury when he was asked to do a job for the "team he wanted to play for". And don't come out with the "Souness was a liar" b*llocks either, because if he really was lying I'm pretty sure Bellamy could have done the club for fining him.

As I said, he played for a season and a half with a serious knee injury. And still showed more desire to win and appetite than anyone over that consistent period. Anyone who disputes this either didn't watch the team or has a short, selective memory, which appears to be the case among quite a number of people, simply because he isn't our player anymore. I suppose you will say that you prefer Marcelino and the Luque's of this world ?

Likewise, when he said he wouldn't want to stay if Rooney came ? Do you also prefer players to be happy sitting on the bench ? Do you bollocks.

What would you have said if Shearer had been asked to play on the right wing ? Aye, stupid isn't it. I can't believe after all this time there are still people around who can't see that Souness deliberatly forced this situation onto Bellamy, putting himself before his job and the good of the club, of which playing him out of position was also part of his ploy to undermine and sell his intended sale to gullible supporters of a popular player.

Shearer said after that Norwich match when we made the Rooney bid that if him coming in meant he lost his place in the side, then so be it. Bellamy on the other hand came out and said, "Craig Bellamy has to look out for what's best for Craig Bellamy". Really sounds like he was putting the club first eh?

And playing Bellamy out of position was because he was still a better winger than Ambrose & Milner, while we had Ameobi & Kluivert who could partner Shearer...not getting one over on Bellamy as you say.

To be fair, the Ameobi/Kluivert + Shearer partnerships were utterly woeful, whereas Bellamy was by far the most dangerous forward we had. In fact, when he was playing up front, he was our only attacking threat in open play.

Bellamy was/is good, and he knows it, like any top player hes arrogant and believes hes the best, so to shunt him out wide on the wing for forwards who were doing utter shiite, especially the undroppable Shearer, would have been nothing but insulting.

Him playing on the wings hurt his game, he was basically rendered ineffective, whilst the other forwards were being useless, so it was nothing but counter productive to the team and the player to play him in that position. Bellamy up front was miles better, both individually and for the team, regardless of who was on the wings.

I'm still at a loss to when "this year" was mentioned. I've read back over the thread again, and looked at both GeJon & HTL's posts and can't find HTL saying anything about "this year", the couple of years comments were made and then it suddenly just changed to "this year" a bit later, but not from the auld bugger.

Apologies if I've missed something, I'm just trying to dull the bickering by discovering that there's actually nowt to be arguing about at all, hopefully bringing an end to this latest episode of spoilage.

Barton and Bellamy are both prize arseholes by all accounts, it's not something that we can really measure either.

This apparently happened after the anger management, an' all Guardian Story

For the record, I don't think I'd want either at Newcastle at the current time anyway. I'm not on any side here.

Auld bugger?  :coolsmiley:

I'd like to see Bellamy here but not Barton tbh. For football reasons only.

He wanted to play for Newcastle. Would you prefer someone happy to sit on the bench ?

Give over with that crap man. That's why he faked an injury when he was asked to do a job for the "team he wanted to play for". And don't come out with the "Souness was a liar" b*llocks either, because if he really was lying I'm pretty sure Bellamy could have done the club for fining him.

As I said, he played for a season and a half with a serious knee injury. And still showed more desire to win and appetite than anyone over that consistent period. Anyone who disputes this either didn't watch the team or has a short, selective memory, which appears to be the case among quite a number of people, simply because he isn't our player anymore. I suppose you will say that you prefer Marcelino and the Luque's of this world ?

Likewise, when he said he wouldn't want to stay if Rooney came ? Do you also prefer players to be happy sitting on the bench ? Do you bollocks.

What would you have said if Shearer had been asked to play on the right wing ? Aye, stupid isn't it. I can't believe after all this time there are still people around who can't see that Souness deliberatly forced this situation onto Bellamy, putting himself before his job and the good of the club, of which playing him out of position was also part of his ploy to undermine and sell his intended sale to gullible supporters of a popular player.

Shearer said after that Norwich match when we made the Rooney bid that if him coming in meant he lost his place in the side, then so be it. Bellamy on the other hand came out and said, "Craig Bellamy has to look out for what's best for Craig Bellamy". Really sounds like he was putting the club first eh?

And didn't Shearer make threats regarding his first team place not so long ago?

Every player wants to play, none of them are happy sitting on the bench 'for the benifit of the team'.

Guest Gemmill

Like i've said before, I don't know where this notion comes that if you think Bellamy is a tosser, you believe, like or rate in any way Graeme Souness.

Ok, just before I go I'll answer this.

Nobody has said that, Dave. But the fact is many people were actually happy with Bellamy at the club until the souness propaganda machine kicked in. There is a connection.

Nobody has said that apart from you and your other account always bringing up the "Souness propoganda machine" in every thread about Bellamy as if he was always the perfect little angel. Souness may have set him up but it wasn't exactly the hardest thing to do was it?

irrelevant.

As Dave said .....

"Of that there is no doubt. Football fans are fickle, it is proven after every game and result. People love to fight the corner of our players and slag off ones who leave on bad terms."

Not all supporters are fickle, and love to fight the corner of our players. It depends how you view the situation and events.

In my view, I saw Bellamy as having more to offer Newcastle United than Souness, and correctly - in my opinion - saw Souness as the person who was putting himself before the best interests of the club, and he was the manager....I don't put any of my views before such bias,  a good player is a good player, full stop, whoever he plays for.

nough to play for the team he supported as a boy - now - but he sure as hell was completely committed to playing for Newcastle united and didn't want to leave the clubCraig Bellamy may well be happy e.

Chris Waddle, Peter Beardsley and Gazza left Newcastle United for far more "treacherous" reasons in my eyes, being local lads, because they WANTED to leave. However understandable their reasons were.

the man who shouted "f*** off" to robson and ignored team orders,who said,"if rooney comes i'll have to consider my position" doesn't sound like the player you describe.

Nowt wrong with wanting to play ....... they should all want to play .......

BTW mate, this is the same player who played for 18 months - 54 games - with a serious knee injury that could have finished his career, and was STILL the most committed player in the team for a lot of games. How committed is that .....

I can't take you seriously about Bellamy any more.  I know for a FACT that as the chants of "Bellamy, what's the score?" died out at SJP recently, a lone, plaintive voice could be heard screaming "I wanna know what love isssssss........I want you to show meeeeee!".  And it was YOU singing to Bellamy from the stands.

FACTS!

OMG. How embarrassing for you, Gemmill. After a few months of fairly sensible posts I see nothing has really changed.

The fact that you don't like my posts has left me a wreck.  I'm gonna do what you do now to add gravitas to your posts and stick a cheers on the end, ok?

Cheers.

I'm still at a loss to when "this year" was mentioned. I've read back over the thread again, and looked at both GeJon & HTL's posts and can't find HTL saying anything about "this year", the couple of years comments were made and then it suddenly just changed to "this year" a bit later, but not from the auld bugger.

Apologies if I've missed something, I'm just trying to dull the bickering by discovering that there's actually nowt to be arguing about at all, hopefully bringing an end to this latest episode of spoilage.

Barton and Bellamy are both prize arseholes by all accounts, it's not something that we can really measure either.

This apparently happened after the anger management, an' all Guardian Story

For the record, I don't think I'd want either at Newcastle at the current time anyway. I'm not on any side here.

Auld bugger?  :coolsmiley:

I'd like to see Bellamy here but not Barton tbh. For football reasons only.

Compared to me, aye!

If the pair of them were robots, I'd have them simply because they'd improve our play on the pitch, but for all the disharmony they might cause off it the move could be seen as too much of a risk. I can't see Bellers coming back here as long as Big Shep is in charge, anyway - and if Shepherd wanted to peddle Bowyer because he was a bad lad, then I can't see him putting up with JB, either.

With Roeder here I'd assume the days of us signing "bad lads" are over, but we'll see.

Guest Knightrider

I wanted Bellamy out, not because he said fuck off to Souness, or even because he feigned injury (if that is what he did do), no, but because he lied to his Chairman and manager and went back on an agreement behind doors to take the matter no further, and on live TV too, in a cringeworthy and embarrassing (for the club) manner that reeked of me, myself and I.

I'm not sure if your memory is playing tricks on you but how was Souness saying on TV in a very snarky manner that Bellamy walked out of training with an 'injury' NOT taking the matter any further.

It was clearly not agreed that Souness would protect his dropping of Bellamy by blaming the no-show on injury, as it was quite clear that Bellamy was caught on the hop, failed to think on his feet and back up that lie under pressure. He responded by saying that he was fit to play.

Doing the interview in the first place was possibly foolish, but I'm not sure damning him for telling the truth is entirely fair. Souness baited Bellamy, and Bellamy (as expected) fell for it.

And that was wrong too, no-one has said Souness handled the whole affair well or excuses him of any blame, the fact of the matter is this: Bellamy agreed to end the matter behind closed doors with the Chairman and manager, then went back on that to ridicule them live on TV, he even ignored the pleas of his best mate Kieron Dyer and his agent and lawyer. Freddy Shepherd as Chairman had every right to peddle him for that alone, never mind what went on before, regardless of what Souness wanted or not, a decision I believe to be 100% correct and something I supported 100%, for once the board put the club first and a line was drawn. Now had they drawn a line when Bellamy first acted the bollocks, or Dyer (instead of rewarding said player with a bumper new contract) these problems may well never have surfaced. Or they could have just not appointed Souness, a man we all knew and said would look to get rid of the Bellamys and Roberts. Either way they acted on what was a serious discipline issue and good for them.

Yous lot paint a picture of innocence where poor lickle Cwaigy is concerned, had he kept his mouth shut in the first place he'd still be here. Had he took his substitution at the Valley like a man instead of calling his manager a cunt or whatever it was, he wouldn't have been reprimanded like the little child he is in front of the full squad to piss him off to the extent of feining injury and causing this whole sorry afair. Souness pushed him of course but Bellamy reacted in the wrong manner, every action leads to a reaction and all that and his reaction caused his demise here at Newcastle, not Souness', not NUFC's, his fate was in his own hands.

Telling the truth has nowt to do with it either, he was wrong to speak out full stop. I seem to remember you and others slagging Souness for coming out with "you'll never win anything with a team of Milners", he was speaking the truth was he not? Yes, but he was wrong to say what he did because it undermined the Milners at the club, well Bellamy undermined his manager, Chairman, his team-mates, the club and fans by going live on TV to say his manager and Chairman were liars.

Being accused of feining injury is a serious accusation, why didn't he take Souness to court, or the club even? Because he didn't have a leg to stand on, instead he pleaded his innocence and said a few things about how much he loves the club and fans, how he couldn't play for another team among accusing his employer and manager of being liars  :lol:

We all know Bellamy is a selfish individual with an attitude problem, if his manager wanted to play him wide right, that's the manager's right and he as a professional should get on with it, even if playing him wide right was an anal decision. You don't hear Nobby, Talyor, Shola or others pissing and moaning, but then they are professionals and respect their manager/the club.

Some of the excuses made for Bellamy are hilarious like  :lol:, he's a grown man and did wrong, he paid for it, end of. Like I said, had he done what he did under SBR or KK, there would have been hell on, the fact that Graeme Souness, despised by many, was in charge negates everything for the blinkered which is sad, judge things on their indiviodual merit.

Guest Knightrider

bellamy+kluivert showed a lot of promise. shame that never took off.

When, where? In people's minds it did aye, on paper. If we cast our minds back, we had injuries on the right, so Souness tried Bellamy out on the right, like Mark Hughes often did, yet no complaints from the Welsh gobshite then....

When, where? In people's minds it did aye, on paper. If we cast our minds back, we had injuries on the right, so Souness tried Bellamy out on the right, like Mark Hughes often did, yet no complaints from the Welsh gobshite then....

Palace away iirc. Looked decent together. Btw, while I think Bellamy is nowhere near being without blame in what happened here, Souness playing him wide right was, imo, all part of his plan to piss Bellamy off.

Like i've said before, I don't know where this notion comes that if you think Bellamy is a tosser, you believe, like or rate in any way Graeme Souness.

Ok, just before I go I'll answer this.

Nobody has said that, Dave. But the fact is many people were actually happy with Bellamy at the club until the souness propaganda machine kicked in. There is a connection.

Nobody has said that apart from you and your other account always bringing up the "Souness propoganda machine" in every thread about Bellamy as if he was always the perfect little angel. Souness may have set him up but it wasn't exactly the hardest thing to do was it?

irrelevant.

As Dave said .....

"Of that there is no doubt. Football fans are fickle, it is proven after every game and result. People love to fight the corner of our players and slag off ones who leave on bad terms."

Not all supporters are fickle, and love to fight the corner of our players. It depends how you view the situation and events.

In my view, I saw Bellamy as having more to offer Newcastle United than Souness, and correctly - in my opinion - saw Souness as the person who was putting himself before the best interests of the club, and he was the manager....I don't put any of my views before such bias,  a good player is a good player, full stop, whoever he plays for.

nough to play for the team he supported as a boy - now - but he sure as hell was completely committed to playing for Newcastle united and didn't want to leave the clubCraig Bellamy may well be happy e.

Chris Waddle, Peter Beardsley and Gazza left Newcastle United for far more "treacherous" reasons in my eyes, being local lads, because they WANTED to leave. However understandable their reasons were.

the man who shouted "f*** off" to robson and ignored team orders,who said,"if rooney comes i'll have to consider my position" doesn't sound like the player you describe.

Nowt wrong with wanting to play ....... they should all want to play .......

BTW mate, this is the same player who played for 18 months - 54 games - with a serious knee injury that could have finished his career, and was STILL the most committed player in the team for a lot of games. How committed is that .....

I can't take you seriously about Bellamy any more.  I know for a FACT that as the chants of "Bellamy, what's the score?" died out at SJP recently, a lone, plaintive voice could be heard screaming "I wanna know what love isssssss........I want you to show meeeeee!".  And it was YOU singing to Bellamy from the stands.

FACTS!

OMG. How embarrassing for you, Gemmill. After a few months of fairly sensible posts I see nothing has really changed.

The fact that you don't like my posts has left me a wreck.  I'm gonna do what you do now to add gravitas to your posts and stick a cheers on the end, ok?

Cheers.

Obviously in hindsight you are embarrassed by that ridiculous post I quoted from you, but I understand that you won't want to admit it, that would take balls and some humility.

Cheers.  ;)

I'm sure they linked up beautifully for an excellent goal at home against Everton, one of the few outstanding moments from that season that still sticks in my memory.

As I said. If you prefer players who dont' want to fight for their place in the team, thats your choice. You wouldn't be running much of a team though, a bit like Souness actually .........

As I said. If you prefer players who dont' want to fight for their place in the team, thats your choice. You wouldn't be running much of a team though, a bit like Souness actually .........

no,thats the point,he didn't want to fight for his place,he was quite prepared to fuck off if he wasn't first choice,nowt too wrong in that,as he said "craig bellamy will do what is best for craig bellamy" but don't make out he put the team first.

no,thats the point,he didn't want to fight for his place,he was quite prepared to fuck off if he wasn't first choice,nowt too wrong in that,as he said "craig bellamy will do what is best for craig bellamy" but don't make out he put the team first.

I've no problem with that whatsoever. Every player should put themselves first, I wouldn't think much of them if they didn't.

Because what he means, whatever the slant on it is, is that he is saying he wants to play every week, thats all. Which is spot on, they all should.

no,thats the point,he didn't want to fight for his place,he was quite prepared to f*** off if he wasn't first choice,nowt too wrong in that,as he said "craig bellamy will do what is best for craig bellamy" but don't make out he put the team first.

I've no problem with that whatsoever. Every player should put themselves first, I wouldn't think much of them if they didn't.

Because what he means, whatever the slant on it is, is that he is saying he wants to play every week, thats all. Which is spot on, they all should.

so what was all that "fight for his place"stuff ?

So if all he wanted to do was play, then why did he fake injury when Souness wanted a formation to accommodate him, Kluivert & Shearer in the same side?