Bale, Barnes & Davies Still Targets

Rich

imho roeder is being stupid mentioning transfer targets as always happens we will probably end up with none of them and he will be left red faced and we will say bloody hell another balls up in the transfer market.

So he must be cured, after years and years of injury problems he has played 24 games so is no longer an injury risk. Well im sold, lets spend £7m on him now!

Never said he was cured, but it's food for thought. Certainly a lot more depth to it than your bandwagonised opinion on the subject! "Aye that Woodgate, he'll never get fit like."

Also, I never said we should spend £7m on the lad but we should have certainly been in for him on loan, which you were also against. If he had of come back here, he could have been crocked again, I'll openly admit that. But you've been in numerous posts lately laughing at the notion of Woodgate ever putting consistent runs of games together and talking down to people who suggest we might go for him and based on this season, i.e. "the present", he's starting to disprove his reputation.

I was surprised to see how many games the lad has played so far this season (was amazed when I compared it to our players), I don't see what was so wrong with pointing it out. I have previously considered him a crock as some of my older posts on here have confirmed, but maybe he's improving because 'Boro are taking proper care of him.

He might get crocked again very, very soon, but 21 out of 24 league games since joining 'Boro is impressive.

the way we are with players its odds on we would have finished the lads career .it makes you wonder why two seasons running we have had a horrible injury list and some teams go relatively injury free all season .

How is it a bandwagonised opinion that I don't think a player who so far over about a 10 year career has always had bad injury problems and don't think that after 24 games he is over them?

You're judging him based on the past, while in the present he's staying fit and playing really well! I do agree that he's still a major risk, but he's not been a crock this season... yet!

The bandwagon thing is just the preconception everyone has of Woody (and rightly so!), let's just see how he does for the rest of the season and over the coming years.

If he gets crocked again before youknowwhatty, I'll sort you a pint or two for your victory.

Come on Woody son, stay fit!

We should actually wager on it, but I warn you, I'm a poor man.

'Boro have got at least 12 games left this season, including the FA Cup, let's say that if he misses more than 3 of those through injury (25%) and not suspension/being rested/being dropped, then you win.

Sound fair?

We'll arrange the actual wager via PM!

Nah its ok, its just me luck he will stay fit now! I said in the summer I bet he doesnt play x amount of games together and im sure he has pissed on that already.

I just can't see it lasting, its like Emile Heskey suddenly becoming a 30 goal a season striker all of a sudden.

There is a reason why Woodgate has had all these injuries apart from bad luck imo and also I don't think if Real had any confidence in him getting over them at last they would be agreeing to let him go.

We shall see.

I do agree that his body must be a knackers yard these days! It's amazing he's managed to play so much this season already. Might be due to cutting out night-time activities or certain habits out of his lifestyle and getting a specified training regime? By habits, I of course mean sleepwalking and nosepicking.

He only trains a few days a week compared to the rest of the 'Boro squad, they seem to have him wrapped in cotton wool. Watch him pull a hammy against us! If he's gonna get injured it will be at SJP in a couple of weeks.

Wish he'd bloody crock himself, I'm sick of him. Every now and then he'll disappear from the Boro side and I'll ask my mate what's wrong with him - "oh hamstring strain", cue me saying "ah well, nice while it lasted" then lo and behold, he's back in the fucking team next game. Even when he sent me a message saying "Woodgate's done his thigh, looks like a bad one", he was only out for one frigging game.

Bastard. Without Woodgate and Viduka, Boro are relegation material. Either playing against us is a bad thing.