Duffer

Guest smoggeordie

tbf, it's not all about Duff doing everything. He may have had posession alot but you can't expect him to run around 4 defenders, into the box and score loads of goals. He needs people to pass to him then move so he can run around a few people and put crosses into the box. With Martins and Luque upfront, there wasn't alot of people in the box for him to cross into.

I strongly remember getting in a lenghty debate with someone when we signed Duff, saying his signing was incredibly short-sighted and something we'd regret in a couple of years.

Zoggy and Taylor were our two best young players, capable of holding their own in the first team already and, with experience, capable of more than holding their own in the future. With several galring weaknesses in the team, buying Duff was quite obviously a dreadful decision.

My only hope is that Duff has been so bad thus far that N'Zogbia will have to be given his place back very soon. Damage may well already be done though. We've basically slapped Zoggy in the face with Duff's signing, he may well ahve already decided he wants out.

...poor, but at least i know he'll put his all in when it comes to each game...

Not a dig at you at all Alberto, and I'm not even particularly sure why, but it depresses the hell out of me whenever I read comments like that about any of our players.

Utter w*** today

No worse than the rest of the s****, no c*** would pass the ball to him as well in the first half when he had acres of space.

What would he have done with the ball though?

I vividly remember last season for Chelsea whenever he was in acres of space, Lampard would pick him out perfectly. What did Duff do every time? Stop with the ball, pretend to go both ways, turn around, and pass to the fullback.

I dont like calling a former quality player s***, but shit is exactly what Duff is compared to what he used to be. In terms of the bigger picture, hes an OK player, a decent Premiership winger who works hard and can on the odd occassion beat his man and put a good ball in, but thats just not good enough for someone picking up 70k per week. Hope he picks up something resembling form, otherwise we need to cash in at the earliest opportunity.

Utter w*** today

No worse than the rest of the s****, no c*** would pass the ball to him as well in the first half when he had acres of space.

What would he have done with the ball though?

I vividly remember last season for Chelsea whenever he was in acres of space, Lampard would pick him out perfectly. What did Duff do every time? Stop with the ball, pretend to go both ways, turn around, and pass to the fullback.

I dont like calling a former quality player shit, but that is exactly what Duff is compared to what he used to be. Hope he picks up something resembling form, otherwise we need to cash in at the earliest opportunity.

The point is, fair enough call him shite if he's had enough of the ball to run at people and fucked it up, but don't just single one player out because he's the new figure of hate when he was no worse than anyone else.

The point is, fair enough call him s**** if he's had enough of the ball to run at people and f***** it up, but don't just single one player out because he's the new figure of hate when he was no worse than anyone else.

Not sure hes being picked out over anyone else. Theres plenty of criticism for Milner, Martins, Dyer, Emre, Parker, etc. This is just a thread about Duff, who has been dissappointing.